Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

Looks they added the entire Cableguys ShaperBox as default functionality. :D 

And midi integration and new logical editor looks very interesting. 

Can't wait to try this in a year when they fix all the bugs. :)

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I got the grace period update a couple of hours ago ?

you need to go into the activation manager with your C11 dongle and 'request it' - it's an option in the top RHS account dropdown menu thing.......

a new download code is sent - then you need to change this to an activation code (you can do this in the SDA or online) then update your dongle licence to a NFR/NFU one and the C12 licence is added to your online account

a few long needed improvements but nothing too radical IMO - which I think was to be expected

https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/new-features/

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, locrian said:

Track-level ARA functionality and Audio Warp directly in the Track Editor are big improvements which finally allow us to easily align any type of event across tracks.

yes I think they are welcome - apart from one of the issues with ARA within cubendo is that some ARA plugs (spectralogic for example) store the ARA/wav data in the project file.  This means the project files can get massive.  The take ages to load/save and when they hit 4gig cubendo won't load them anymore

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cpr-sizes-go-crazy-500mb-for-simple-unmix-stems-project/160644/8

(lots of other postings on the same issue and it's an acknowledged issue )

Applying to an entire track at once just makes the problem worse IMO - I tend to render out clips and apply where needed.  Maybe C12/SL8.2 have fixed the problem ?

Just now, cclarry said:

Aha...there is an option under the Account menu for "Grace Period Check" that get's you the license,
but I ran it and got "no license found"

did you have your C11 'grace period' dongle plugged in ?

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yep...dongle is always plugged in....

if you log into your mysteinberg account and look at the licences on your dongle in mysteinberg  you will (should?) see one marked 'grace period eligible'  - it's written in brackets after the licence description

Edited by simon

7 minutes ago, simon said:

if you log into your mysteinberg account and look at the licences on your dongle in mysteinberg  you will (should?) see one marked 'grace period eligible'  - it's written in brackets after the licence description

Nope...not there...