Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

I was able to work with Verve, the new felt upright included with the release of Cubase 12.
Verve, is a very nice felt upright, and like my first thought, do we really need any more felted uprights ;^)
This one is very nice. 

If you do not have Cubase 12, it can be purchased separately and can be used with the free HALionsonic SE player.

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/verve/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Also good to know about Cubase 12:

Due to technical reasons the following plug-ins and technologies have been removed from the product scope

VST instruments: Mystic, Prologue, Specter, LoopMash are no longer included in the factory content of Cubase.

Cubase no longer supports ReWire.

VST 2 plug-ins are no longer supported on Apple silicon Macs running in native mode.

Running Cubase in Rosetta mode still allows you to load VST 2 plug-ins.

MPEX is also no longer available on Apple silicon Macs running in native mode.

The GoPro VR player has been removed.

MixConvert (legacy VST 2 plug-in) and SurroundPan (legacy VST 2 plug-in) have been removed from the plug-in set.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, simon said:

yes I think they are welcome - apart from one of the issues with ARA within cubendo is that some ARA plugs (spectralogic for example) store the ARA/wav data in the project file.  This means the project files can get massive.  The take ages to load/save and when they hit 4gig cubendo won't load them anymore

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cpr-sizes-go-crazy-500mb-for-simple-unmix-stems-project/160644/8

(lots of other postings on the same issue and it's an acknowledged issue )

Applying to an entire track at once just makes the problem worse IMO - I tend to render out clips and apply where needed.  Maybe C12/SL8.2 have fixed the problem ?

I just skimmed the post you referenced.  Is bouncing the ARA clip/track a viable option to reduce project size and decrease load time?

11 minutes ago, Frank said:

Also good to know about Cubase 12:

Due to technical reasons the following plug-ins and technologies have been removed from the product scope

VST instruments: Mystic, Prologue, Specter, LoopMash are no longer included in the factory content of Cubase.

This one seems a bit odd.  They removed these plugins from the factory content but they still work in version 12.  So why did they remove them?

1 hour ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I was able to work with Verve, the new felt upright included with the release of Cubase 12.
Verve, is a very nice felt upright, and like my first thought, do we really need any more felted uprights ;^)
This one is very nice. 

If you do not have Cubase 12, it can be purchased separately and can be used with the free HALionsonic SE player.

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/verve/

Great video (and surprisingly useful piano).  Had I not watched it I would likely not have even installed it because, like you, I thought who needs another felt piano?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, locrian said:

I just skimmed the post you referenced.  Is bouncing the ARA clip/track a viable option to reduce project size and decrease load time?

yes - just render the clip/track and remove the ARA plugin - that 'should' bring the project size back down to normal

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, locrian said:

This one seems a bit odd.  They removed these plugins from the factory content but they still work in version 12.  So why did they remove them?

licensing issues I think - 3rd party supplier

12 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

I keep getting:

777782480_Cubasebombs.jpg.bc87508d20039fbe9877775524948c84.jpg

They are totally overwhelmed - it was fine this morning (UK time) but it's got gradually worse over the day. Not the first time this has happened to SB

They are aware and are 'spinning' this as a reason why they wanted to move away from the elicencer - but basically they just need to buy more bandwidth/cpu power.

14 minutes ago, locrian said:

A very useful new feature I just discovered is the ability to create custom scripts for all your MIDI controllers.

a good addition 👍

was supposed to be in V11 so only 18 months delayed :)

Just now, locrian said:

Hmm, I didn't realize that (I assumed they were made by Steinberg).  I guess "technical reasons" is a euphemism for licensing issues.

they buy stuff in from 3rd parties - aren't they still shipping a Voxengo plug with C12 still ?