One Four Five

Wookiee

Just a little fun with the following toys.

Arturia's Stage 73 V, MINI V and CS 80 V
Toontrack's SD3 Fields Of Rock, Godfather Kit (Tweaked) and EZBass Gospel bass, Snappy & Deep
Korg's Triton extreme.

FX
Roland's Zenology Auto Pan
Boz Digital's +10dB Compressor on Drums and Bass
All other FX are stock from CbB's Pro Channel.

https://www.bandlab.com/the_wookiee/one-four-five-84435164?revId=c9647746-1997-ec11-a507-0050f280e91e

• Like 3

On 2/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

There was quite a bit going on in this one - sounds like you had some fun with your instruments. Your stuff is always a good listen through headphones.

Regarding the Pro Channel fx - it's really all one needs, based on my experience anyway.

It is a busy little piece, I can only agree the Pro Channel FX extremely useful 

Thanks for listening and commenting. 

On 3/1/2022 at 4:13 AM, David Sprouse said:

Andy Bell

Strangely I do believe he wallpapered our kitchen prior to joining Vince Clark. Vince was a local lad who had a flat near an old aquatence of mine.

Thanks for the ears and the comment it's appreciated. 

11 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Strangely I do believe he wallpapered our kitchen prior to joining Vince Clark. Vince was a local lad who had a flat near an old aquatence of mine.

Thanks for the ears and the comment it's appreciated. 

I love little anecdotes like this.  I always find it quite amusing how even members of "big" bands have jobs like this (we used to share rehearsal space with Supergrass, and we found out that their drummer (I think) carried on with his previous job as a decorator/gardener (I forget which now - it was a long time ago!)...).

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 3:42 PM, Kevin Perry said:

Annoyingly catchy 🙂

The change in instrumentation both throws and intrigues at the same time.

Sorry there is a bit of an ear worm about this, thanks for the ears and comments. 

On 3/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie - yes a little different but just as enjoyable

Cool stuff indeed

Nigel

Thank you Nigel, it changes key roughly every 5 bars using the last bar of each section as the I degree of the new key.  Your ears and comments are appreciated. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:35 PM, antler said:

That was a fun song - it's catchy, and makes great use of the stereo field too! The key modulation throughout is mildly reminiscent of Walk the Line.

Thanks for the ears and the comment they are greatly appreciated. 

On 3/6/2022 at 3:49 PM, Bapu said:

That's agoodun Wooks. I didn't even miss the two or the three 🙂 

Loved the little diddle panned left and right.

Thank you Ed for lending your ears to this as ever your wisdom is always welcome.