Opinions on Console 1 Fader

cclarry

On 2/25/2022 at 8:31 AM, cclarry said:

Looking for reviews of the Softube Console 1 Fader.  I've got a 
great deal on a brand new one lined up...but just need a "nudge"
in either direction...

I don't know if this helps or not, but I found a like-new original FaderPort last year on Reverb.com for like $67!! I have been absolutely loving it for switching screens, transport functions, and mostly doing automations.  It's been great.

...Then I saw a Michael Brauer tutorial and he was "playing the song" and doing multiple automation moves with his 16 channel controller at the same time.   😕

PS. If you're going to get a controller, you HAVE to have faders!  😁

Edited by mibby
  • Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, mibby said:

I don't know if this helps or not, but I found a like-new original FaderPort last year on Reverb.com for like $67!! I have been absolutely loving it for switching screens, transport functions, and mostly doing automations.  It's been great.

...Then I saw a Michael Brauer tutorial and he was "playing the song" and doing multiple automation moves with his 16 channel controller at the same time.   😕

PS. If you're going to get a controller, you HAVE to have faders!  😁

Half true... because if your background is in synth programming and live performance (with synths and controllers), then knobs will feel more natural to use for certain automatisations... at least for me... but one can of course adjust. I love my big knobs on Hydrasynth for that!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Half true... because if your background is in synth programming and live performance (with synths and controllers), then knobs will feel more natural to use for certain automatisations... at least for me... but one can of course adjust. I love my big knobs on Hydrasynth for that!

Good point.

...BUT, do they have motorized knobs??   (OK, get your minds out of the gutter guys!)  It's pretty cool to watch the fader(s) move as you play through a song.  😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Good point.

...BUT, do they have motorized knobs??   (OK, get your minds out of the gutter guys!)  It's pretty cool to watch the fader(s) move as you play through a song.  😁

yes I love it... especially the noise they create... keeps the groove going 🙂

There is one thought that I am accepting as the go to choice more often than not

what appears easy is often not

If you wish to parlay it into a payday, then you must know your market

If you wish to create with it

well

you might already have what you need

except the instigation

to immerse yourself into the

integration

of your simplest existence

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Grem said:

Keep us I updated on how it turns out for you!!

I see that version has no faders at all.

Yeah, the fader addition is set for this Fall. Don’t know if I’d care for it, though, as I’m mostly interested in controlling plugins. Love it that FabFilter’s (and UADx’s) are compatible now. That’s my main reason for getting the controller. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mibby said:

But Mark 2 doesn't work with Fab and UAD plugins thought, right?

"Softube has released another update to its popular Console 1 Mixing System which includes the ability for users to load and control FabFilter and UADx plugins directly from Console 1 Channel Mk III, as well as Console 1 Mk I and Mk II, without the need for mapping. "

• Like 2