PA ANY 2999 Sale

cclarry

ANY $29.99
Sale

With this special sale, you'll get a total of three voucher codes. Each code knocks down any plugin in the sale to $29.99 when redeeming it during checkout – and is valid only 48 hours. 

Here is your first code (ANY-2999-1). This code expires 11:59 PM PST on February 26, 2022

ANY-2999-1

Products not included in this sale: Black Box HG-2MS, Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099, Dear Reality dear VR MONITOR, PRO, Deskew Gig Performer 4, DS Audio Tantra 2, Knif Audio Soma, Lindell 50 Series, 902 De-Esser, Shadow Hills Class A

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

• Thanks 1

As per usual, all I want is off the list... They loose so much money with their weird pricing schemes and tricks... It's almost sickening how much they try to manipulate us in their buying hysteria... Well it is a business after all, but starts to feel rather cheesy ...

I mean the title.. ANY ... then small print... well not any, and just 3 $ bellow the threshold to use your monthly 25 $ voucher... ah well

Edited by ZokZTM
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's a matter of personal taste...the 9000J Is the newest one

When I tested all the SSLs I preferred that one. The others weren't bad and I might pick up the E, or G at some stage, but not feeling a need yet. I've got a few SSL G style compressors etc, including Townhouse Buss Compressor from PA which does that OK too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

When I tested all the SSLs I preferred that one. The others weren't bad and I might pick up the E, or G at some stage, but not feeling a need yet. I've got a few SSL G style compressors etc, including Townhouse Buss Compressor from PA which does that OK too.

Is bus comp in Townhouse better than  9000J, or?

16 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I also prefer the 9000J.  Have the 4000E and it rarely gets used.  I just like having it in the tool box for comparison as I think everyone should be familiar with it.

13 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

If you are looking for a glue bus compressor function only then yes, I'd prefer the Townhouse for that function. 

PA has quite a few good bus compressor types in this sale, I'd demo to see what you prefer.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I'm saving up for some hardware and a new car, I will pass on this. Which also means I won't be using my 75 voucher this month (and probably for the rest of the year, a car is expensive, almost as expensive as new gear haha). Perhaps it is not really useful to someone now with this sale, but you can PM me for the code. First come first serve.

Edit: code is gone. Until next month 👋

Edited by Nick Blanc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ZokZTM said:

Different animals. Townhouse is like an older, coloured, grungy (in a good way!) kind of vibe. Great on drum buss, or master buss in particular.

9000J is punchy, modern, wide and nice highs. Great on the same busses and versatile enough to use on tracks as well. 

If they're the same price I'd go 9000J as it's a strip, so more versatile, but if you're more interested in the compressor side only, then both are good choices, just different 🙂

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I also prefer the 9000J.  Have the 4000E and it rarely gets used.  I just like having it in the tool box for comparison as I think everyone should be familiar with it.

If you are looking for a glue bus compressor function only then yes, I'd prefer the Townhouse for that function. 

PA has quite a few good bus compressor types in this sale, I'd demo to see what you prefer.   

Thanks Brian, why I asked is that I've demoed Townhouse a while back and found Acustica Audio  Sand4 to be marginally better. I have seldom used G-bus compressor other than on the mix bus, where I have a hardware. ITB for mixing I prefer Iron,  Elysia Alpha comp, Shadow Hills , Chandler Zener etc... The 9000J could be an interesting option especially for the on-the-road where Acustica Sand could easily be to hefty on the processing power.

Guys, any 1st hand experiences with Sand 4 vs PA 9000J?

44 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Different animals. Townhouse is like an older, coloured, grungy (in a good way!) kind of vibe. Great on drum buss, or master buss in particular.

9000J is punchy, modern, wide and nice highs. Great on the same busses and versatile enough to use on tracks as well. 

If they're the same price I'd go 9000J as it's a strip, so more versatile, but if you're more interested in the compressor side only, then both are good choices, just different 🙂

Thanks MusicMan, this info will get me to demo the 9000J 🙂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Thanks Brian, why I asked is that I've demoed Townhouse a while back and found Acustica Audio  Sand4 to be marginally better. I have seldom used G-bus compressor other than on the mix bus, where I have a hardware. ITB for mixing I prefer Iron,  Elysia Alpha comp, Shadow Hills , Chandler Zener etc... The 9000J could be an interesting option especially for the on-the-road where Acustica Sand could easily be to hefty on the processing power.

Guys, any 1st hand experiences with Sand 4 vs PA 9000J?

Yeah, Sand 4 is potentially slightly better sounding but a real resource hog so on my computers not something I'd use across a mix like I can do with the PA strips.  

And as cool as the UI is for Sand4, I also tend to think it isn't as user friendly for making adjustments quickly.  (and also agree that I personally prefer other bus comps to the G-related Townhouse, though I tend to use it on some mixes depending on the sources/style and with speed constraints as it is really really easy to setup quickly.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, Sand 4 is potentially slightly better sounding but a real resource hog so on my computers not something I'd use across a mix like I can do with the PA strips.  

And as cool as the UI is for Sand4, I also tend to think it isn't as user friendly for making adjustments quickly.  (and also agree that I personally prefer other bus comps to the G-related Townhouse, though I tend to use it on some mixes depending on the sources/style and with speed constraints as it is really really easy to setup quickly.  

Yes indeed absolutely the same experience... Almost completely stopped using Acustica stuff due to many reliability issues and CPU taxing... even though they sound great, but algorithmic plugins are catching up at a fast speed in recent 2-3 years... it's good times 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

There are lots of compressors.

Does any one know if any of them has upward  compression?

Buy once and buy the best! Multiplicity by DMG audio... and you can apply for an EDu discount (if applicable)... That and the Limitless are truly worth every penny... not cheap though, but replace many other plugins.

From PA you can look into the  elysia alpha compressor, and the elysia mpressor... I believe they both offer Upward leveling.