Steinberg Dorico Announcement

cclarry

3 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I love these announcements announcing and announcement, but I think they should take it further: create an announcement for a teaser that will announce an announcement

There are so many of these now that what we need is some new sub-sections for the forum so that someone can pre-announce that Larry is going to be here soon to preannounce his thread about a product that a vendor is about to preannounce announcing the preannouncement of. Following the announcement of this preannouncement the thread should then be moved to the preannounced but still pending section until further announcements are made. Once this has happened someone should preannounce that Larry is about to preannounce the announcement of the confirmed announcement at which point he should make a new thread preannouncing that the preannouncement will shortly become an official announcement, at which time a new thread should be created to announce that as per the preannouncement the preannouncement is now an announcement.

Edited by paulo
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

The first video in that list shows Halion 7 listed

Interesting that Halion 7 seems to be just around the corner.  Halion 6 has been out for around 5 years and is long overdue an update.

BUT - strange (annoying if you bought it) that they released Absolute 5 in  August, why not wait for H7 to come out.  Fortunately I didn't think there was enough in A5 to update and it hasn't been included in any of the sales since release......but I wonder if they will include H7 when it comes out ?  Maybe they were pushed into releasing A5 because they didn't have enough new product to push last year.

just thinking aloud :)

• Like 2

@simon

I recall looking at Absolute 5 and not seeing anything worthwhile (not for what they were asking anyway).

I will be very interested to see Halion 7 though. Let's hope the upgrade price is reasonable and follows the Dorico UI vibe. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2