IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX Upgrade $149
IK Multimedia MixBox Crossgrade $149
IK Multimedia ARC System 3 Software Edition $149
IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2 $199
IK Multimedia MixBox $199
IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX $249

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

I had Syntronik Standard on my system. With JAM points I have upgraded to the DELUXE Edition for princely sum of €20.

So anyone here have any idea about UPGRADING the already installed Syntronik Standard to Deluxe? 

Once I load IK Prod manager and register the serial i do get option in the SOUNDS tab to INSTALL Deluxe. So am I better off uninstalling Standard and just install DELUXE OR can I unpgrade the already installed Standard to deluxe some how?

The Syntronik plugin should be the same for all editions, with the difference being the licensed sound sets. The installer should just need to add the additional sound sets that you are entitled to.

The other IK products work in a similar way, such as SampleTank, T-RackS, Amplitube, etc.

Did the Syntronik Deluxe upgrade for $29.99, minus $9 in JamPoints, for a $20.99 deal.

Decided that I should spring for the  Deluxe because of the VCS3 and the PolySix. Already had the Memorymoog (freebie IK gift), so that is a dupe for me. But that's like 2 new synths I wanted for $10 each!

The other two items that were included, the Roland SH and the anthology Modulum analog drum thingy. Undecided whether to keep them installed.

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Went with this as well...peer pressure is real 

I have a copy of Syntronik Deluxe and Syntronik too.  Hmm maybe I should upgrade the regular one for the price.

Why do I have both you ask?   When they had the buy one get 4 free upgrades didn't count. So I took Syntronik Deluxe as one of my freebies :D

Never can have too many sounds right ;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I have a copy of Syntronik Deluxe and Syntronik too.  Hmm maybe I should upgrade the regular one for the price.

Why do I have both you ask?   When they had the buy one get 4 free upgrades didn't count. So I took Syntronik Deluxe as one of my freebies :D

Never can have too many sounds right ;)

I took this Deluxe upgrade a few days ago. Since I already had two copies of Syntronik standard, I'm not sure which one got upgraded.

Why did I have 2 copies of Syntronik? Because buying another Syntronik crossgrade last year got me into the IK 4 for free group buy, that's why! :)

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Although I own 4 LE. Does anyone who have SampleTank 4 want to share their thoughts? Are you happy with it? What does it do best? 

I have ST4-Max and the amount of content you get is well worth it. I can't comment on the ST4 version. If you can swing the extra few dollars it is well worth the Max version IMHO.  Here is the list of sounds included  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments.pdf

Is there any that stand out. I like the Alan Parson Piano myself. The organs are nice too.  Problem I got the Hammond Organ and use that one more now.  Nice thing with ST4 it is a great bread-n-butter type workstation. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with Ed. For my needs, ST4 is more than I could hope for. Never thought I would have this many quality sounds at my disposal. 

Like ED, I really like the organ sounds. Really nice.

If you can get ST4 in one of the sales they have and you don't pay the full retail price you really can't go wrong with it.

• Thanks 1

With ST4 Max, you also get all of the ST3 stuff included, so that's a pretty full palette of sounds to begin with, and they all utilize the new ST4 UI.

Although there are two versions of the editor UI embedded, while very similar, some new editor UI features only work with the ST4 library.

The samples for the new ST4 instruments are excellent, and have become my new go-to.

However, some are rather large in size, so plan on buying an SSD for your samples to speed up loading times. They didn't replace all of the ST3 instruments, however, the new ST4 instruments augment them. Agree that it's now quite a useful bread and butter workstation! :)