IK Multimedia Sampler Spectacular

cclarry

Grem, it took a super long time for me as well.  It also took up about twice the amount of ssd space that I was expecting.  I later realized it made a local copy of all the install files (dmg as I’m on Mac).  I deleted them all and will pay the small fee ($9 i think) if I have to restore them in the future.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Grem, it took a super long time for me as well.  It also took up about twice the amount of ssd space that I was expecting.  I later realized it made a local copy of all the install files (dmg as I’m on Mac).  I deleted them all and will pay the small fee ($9 i think) if I have to restore them in the future.  

On Windows , the Download Manager downloads the installer files to a dedicated folder (on my PC, "C:\Users\username\Downloads\IK Product Manager"), and unzips them, and then installs them from there. When IK DM is all done installing, I empty that folder out and move the zipped installers to my archive drive. That frees up the folder on the SSD that the Download Manager uses for downloading, installing.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Well, it took forever!! I had to go to work this morning, was in a rush, so I couldn't come see if it was finished before I left this morning.

But I gotta give it to 'em. IKPM finished the job!! It stuck with it and did what it was made to do. Install it without me being around.

• Like 1

Well not so fast. After I posted the above,  I went to play with ST4 and three of Syntronik's libs were still locked. Went to IKPM and it shows those same three libs as installed and activated.  If I open Syntronik stand alone, those same three libs are not there either.

So, I bought them, d/l them (more than once), have them in my account, and IKPM says they are installed and activated,  but yet I can't use them.

• Sad 1

On 2/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, Grem said:

Agreed. On my regular monitor in my "studio" I have no problem reading any of the stuff on the UI. However, on my Surface Pro and my home PC, it's another story. Especially at night on my Surface when I have the screen brightness lower. 

IK can solve this issue with different UI themes, a light one, and the one they have now.

It doesn't even need another theme for me, just better contrast. Not really a lot of work considering many of their customers have made the same complaint. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

Well not so fast. After I posted the above,  I went to play with ST4 and three of Syntronik's libs were still locked. Went to IKPM and it shows those same three libs as installed and activated.  If I open Syntronik stand alone, those same three libs are not there either.

So, I bought them, d/l them (more than once), have them in my account, and IKPM says they are installed and activated,  but yet I can't use them.

Open the IK Authorization Manager and enter the serial number for Syntronik Deluxe. That will unlock them if they haven't been authorized yet. I had to do that myself, even though I had assumed that the Product Manager would take care of it. Evidently not...

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, abacab said:

Open the IK Authorization Manager and enter the serial number for Syntronik Deluxe. That will unlock them if they haven't been authorized yet. I had to do that myself, even though I had assumed that the Product Manager would take care of it. Evidently not...

I had same issue. I right clocked on lock and this opened authorization manager.  Then I entered serial number again and this fixed it for me.

• Thanks 1