iZotope Iris 2 Sale

cclarry

1 minute ago, Philip G Hunt said:

would anyone know if this version of RX7 Elements is different from the RX 7 Elements (lite) that I have?

The same...lite just means it's the scaled down version of RX7

Elements (lite), Standard, Advanced are the designations

• Thanks 1

Agree about Iris. It's not an everyday workhorse by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're into sound design or just need something weird that doesn't sound like the normal subtractive-analog, fm, or wavetable synths, it's in the no-brainer category (for me) at $10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Yeah at a cheap price Iris 2 is OK. I am just in the middle of getting the new beast ready. When I installed all my go to iZotope plugins, I deliberately didn't bother with installing Iris 2. I have lots of better options. 

Lots of better options?

Ok, name  some....   🙃

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Lots of better options?

Ok, name  some....   🙃

Roland Fantom X8, Yamaha Montage 7, Roland VR760, Yamaha TX81z, Roland JV1080. Full ultimate collection of native instruments with massive etc. Full Arturia 7 collection, East West collection. And many more, Iris 2 simply under the pile in comparison as I have built up over time. Wasn’t looking to brag btw. It was a blanket fact, for me :)

5 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Roland Fantom X8, Yamaha Montage 7, Roland VR760, Yamaha TX81z, Roland JV1080. Full ultimate collection of native instruments with massive etc. Full Arturia 7 collection, East West collection. And many more, Iris 2 simply under the pile in comparison as I have built up over time. Wasn’t looking to brag btw. It was a blanket fact, for me :)

Yep, and also demonstrates the point I expected to make.    Thousands of dollars worth of gear and plugins vs a $10 purchase.   Thought others might appreciate the context of the statement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Yep, and also demonstrates the point I expected to make.    Thousands of dollars worth of gear and plugins vs a $10 purchase.   Thought others might appreciate the context of the statement.

My apologies, it was never meant (even though in hind sight it does) to look like a crapping on it. It's good for someone with much less choice :). I edited the ***** out :)... sorry again. I was having a finger before brain moment... clearly..

Edited by Tony Carpenter

How many other synths use a similar method of sound generation? I think spectral filtering of samples is pretty rare... and for $10 a no-brainer!

From iZotope Iris 2 Help Documentation:

The heart of Iris 2’s Spectral Filtering, this is where you can view your
sample as a Spectrogram (Frequency/Time), Waveform (Amplitude/Time), or combination
of both This is also the area where you can draw filter shapes and modify sample
playback options like loop points and crossfades between those loop points, as well as
playback offset and delay...

The spectrogram displays selected parts of the spectrum in a blue/green color, and any
filtered part of the spectrum is represented in grey Selections are made using the tools
listed in the following section You have the option of viewing the spectrogram with rulers
for frequency and time...

In addition to the Playback, Pitch Mode, Loop, and Retrigger controls in the sample panel,
there are five sample controls located in the spectrogram area, four of which have visual
indicators on the spectrogram itself All of the numeric value controls for these parameters
are located just beneath the spectrogram, and are represented in samples for maximum
resolution and fine control...

Loop Start and End: If you have set your sample to Loop, you may want to adjust the start and
end points for the loop You can adjust these with the two “handles” (indicated by blue arrows)
appearing between the spectrogram and the Waveform Overview By default, Iris 2 engages
our Intelligent Zero Crossing technology when adjusting loop points using these handles
This means that any adjustments you make to the beginning or end of a loop point using the
handles will automatically snap to a phase-coherent zero crossing...

Etc.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

I think spectral filtering of samples is pretty rare... and for $10 a no-brainer!

This.

Maybe not a synth that you would necessarily turn to when in full flow as it's easy to get caught up in and before you know it four hours have passed, but it's way cool IMO.

• Thanks 1