Jump to content
kennywtelejazz

Please post your movie and musical documentary sugestions here .

Recommended Posts

Hi Guy's ,

I have run across a few movies and documentary's where where Bands, Music , and gifted players have been featured .

In some cases these movies and  DVD's have revealed many facts and details about the musicians and the  bands history I had not been aware of   .

What I would like to do here in this thread is to create a space where forum members can place their Movie / DVD  recommendations  w links  to their favored   flicks featuring  players, bands , or  anything  you feel  can bring value to us here on the forum  ...

It doesn't matter how humble or great the production  is . If you have it or know about it please share it ...

 

This post is merely an opening post , I plan on coming back here to add a few recent flicks I have recently posted in other threads .

 

Thank you for considering sharing your flicks in advance ,

 

Kenny

 

 

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ones that instantly spring to mind are  old, but in case anyone hasn't seen them.....

Sound City (netflix)

Inside the Rhapsody (you tube)

VH1 channel also did a whole series about  Classic Albums which are pretty good if you like hearing how they were put together.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, paulo said:

The ones that instantly spring to mind are  old, but in case anyone hasn't seen them.....

Sound City (netflix)

Inside the Rhapsody (you tube)

VH1 channel also did a whole series about  Classic Albums which are pretty good if you like hearing how they were put together.

Yes , Sound City is a great one 🙂

 

Here is the link to the full  unedited  movie  Sound City 

 

http://www.documentarytube.com/videos/dave-grohl-the-sound-city-studios

 

Keep emm coming ,

 

Kenny

 

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

header.jpg

 

ABOUT THE FILM

Music lovers will be astonished at the influence The Wrecking Crew wielded over rock and pop music in the 1960s and early 1970s. These unsung instrumentalists were the de-facto backing band on hit records by The Beach Boys, Phil Spector, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Sonny & Cher, Elvis, The Monkees and many more. These dedicated musicians brought the flair and musicianship that made the American “West Coast Sound” a dominant cultural force around the world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin' 

Here is the u tube preview of Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin' 

 

Looks like a good one

 

Kenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standing in The Shadows of Motown trailer

 

 

 

Standing in the Shadows of Motown The Full Movie .

I have watched the full move VIA DVD and loved it.

Be forewarned ,Some of the sections   of this movie VIA the link I'm posting for it ...May get wonky ...

The Vimeo player does not like to be slid around ..the other thing is  I saw towards the end of the movie in the link I posted some out of sync audio that didot match the video .

In any event , It sure beats a preview and it was OK for about an hour ..if somebody got a better link to  full movie let me know .

 

all the best,

 

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Who  The Kids are Alright
A "rockumentary" movie.  I have the DVD which I watch pretty often because their live performances are so good and also to watch Keith Moon do all his crazy stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more, about Dr Feelgood, to this day, one of the best live bands I've ever seen;

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

The Wrecking Crew Official Trailer

I have seen the Movie ...I highly recommend  watching it .

Kenny

And then watch this-

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to contribute to this topic, but all I can think of are the "Behind The Music" series and Spinal Tap... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

The Who  The Kids are Alright
A "rockumentary" movie.  I have the DVD which I watch pretty often because their live performances are so good and also to watch Keith Moon do all his crazy stuff.

I will have to look into that one ..

Thank You

12 hours ago, James G said:

One of my favourites;

 

 

Hi James ,

Yes , I certainly have to check out your Eagles suggestion  ..That might be a really good one for me to check out ....Love a lot of their music

Funny story , when I worked in music stores on W 48 th st . Joe Walsh would come in all the time , I have even waited on him and sold him some gear ...

Boy Oh Boy he was a funny guy ..

During one of his visits to the store I had sold him a battery powered amp that was built inside a full sized red gas can .

He started joking around by asking me in front of the whole guitar dept  if it was OK to come behind the guitar counter where I was standing so he could  use has new gas can amp  to take a piss in it ...no lie ....lol

Right now time is of the essence , I will get back  to you on your other videos suggestions once I do my daily chores ....

thanks ..

6 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

And then watch this-

 

 

Wish I knew hot to do a full quote around here ...this  quote  only shows what you said not what I said ...

In any event,

At the old Cakewalk Forum I had recommended The Wrecking Crew  .

For the record I was very outspoken  about a number of things that happened to get under my skin and irk me about the movie ...

FWIW the thing I learned the most from watching The Wrecking Crew was how to emulate Tommy T.....and Bull $hit like a  Pro ...

 

BTW I have already seen the movie you recommend ...

 

Thank you for contributing

 

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, Kenny Wilson said:

Hi Guy's ,

I have run across a few movies and documentary's where where Bands, Music , and gifted players have been featured .

In some cases these movies and  DVD's have revealed many facts and details about the musicians and the  bands history I had not been aware of   .

What I would like to do here in this thread is to create a space where forum members can place their Movie / DVD  recommendations  w links  to their favored   flicks featuring  players, bands , or  anything  you feel  can bring value to us here on the forum  ...

It doesn't matter how humble or great the production  is . If you have it or know about it please share it ...

 

This post is merely an opening post , I plan on coming back here to add a few recent flicks I have recently posted in other threads .

 

Thank you for considering sharing your flicks in advance ,

 

Kenny

 

 

Hey Kenny I like your pic so much better these days.  You look friendlier.  On the old site you could be a real stinker

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny's preparing to start a ZZ-Top cover band!

 

(I would totally go to watch it too! 😎 )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also recommend "Sound City".   I watched it on a DVD from the library and my stereo (attached to my TV) never sounded so good. 

 

My contribution:   The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years  by Ron Howard.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2531318/

They were so good live it is unbelievable.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...