Scuffham S-Gear v2.9 now available

Hidden Symmetry

Wow so they didn't even improve the amps at all? I don't own this suite so I don't know that they need Improvement per se, but the high end amp sim competition is hot right now. I remember Shane from Kazrog saying his new amps are taking a bit longer than expected (he initially expected a 2019 release) because the competition for high end amp sims has gotten so hot and his new amps are still not out yet. 

@Marshall, I don't recall if you ever said or not, but between Nembrini and a comparable S Gear amp which did you think was better? 

Edited by Christian Jones

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Wow so they didn't even improve the amps at all? I don't own this suite so I don't know that they need Improvement per se, but the high end amp sim competition is hot right now. I remember Shane from Kazrog saying his new amps are taking a bit longer than expected (he initially expected a 2019 release) because the competition for high end amp sims has gotten so hot and his new amps are still not out yet. 

@Marshall, I don't recall if you ever said or not, but between Nembrini and a comparable S Gear amp which did you think was better? 

I bought the Nembrini MRH810 because it was waaay better at THAT sound than anything in that category that I have dialled up on S Gear. Different league, and I’m glad to own it. I know you’re no fan of suites, but I still use S Gear a lot...for most other sounds. 

I installed the new version tonight.

Unfortunately, the standalone was not working correctly.  There seems to be a bug in selecting the correct interface.  If this happens to you, you will need to find the registry where the name of the interface is stored, and enter the correct interface.

https://www.scuffhamamps.com/forum/7-bugs-issues/8949-s-gear-2-9-standalone-asio-devices-selection-bug

I also had a problem getting the VST3 to work in CW but it works OK in SOP4.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Does it really matter, adding the path in Plug-In Manager is no big deal.
Not a "challenge" here, I haven't installed yet and wonder why you are concerned.

Tom

Program files has stricter security, which can cause issues, plus, why the hell shouldn't I be able to install it to my vst folder?

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, cclarry said:

Is the only thing new that it's Machine Locked, which removes the iLok requirement?

I don't see any change log, etc...

Maybe you missed that Win now has VST3 whereas it was only on Mac.

Edited by Bapu