New Interface from Audient?

cclarry

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

I just bought the id44, lol. On Reverb.com amazing price. I hope it gets here today ;(
If sound wise this doesn't cut it I will forget about music, lol.

You'll love it.  I had an iD4 and it was very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's most difficult to stomach about teasers is that something akin to the following took place:

- "I have this really shitty video that needs making. Would you be the one?"

- "You bet I'm your guy. Just give me the specs; how shitty, precisely, would you like it?"

- "Really, really shitty."

- "I'll do it."

- "Here's your real, actual, money."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still rocking an RME 9632 PCI card. This thing is old, I can't believe they still sell it and not only do they but it's also $550 just for the PCI card and no XLR breakout cable - that's more than many new audio interfaces for a nearly obsolete PCI interface. I was gonna upgrade at some point to the RME UCX, though that's about $1300-1400 away for a used one. Some of these newer popular interfaces are pretty affordable, like the IK and Audient stuff. I wonder how they compare to RME's stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

You'll love it.  I had an iD4 and it was very nice.

Well, tested the DAC so far... so amazing! Finally a good interface. I finally can enjoy music again :P (I could write more but already said what I needed to the seller, lol).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Well, tested the DAC so far... so amazing! Finally a good interface. I finally can enjoy music again :P (I could write more but already said what I needed to the seller, lol).

For the money, Audient is probably the most for the buck bang interfaces going...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

I'm still rocking an RME 9632 PCI card.

RME HDSPe AIO (PCIe) here, paid something like 230€ without the breakout cable. Tinkered together a breakout cable from a VGA display connector and random parts. The card is overkill for my purposes but my rationale was that RME would likely be a future-proof investment. The DAC seems decent but honestly I have little to compare to as I went from an external Soundblaster Live 24-bit USB interface to the RME, so I expected nothing less than night & day difference and I got that. Before the SB Live I had Onkyo Wavio SE-200PCI LTD which I loved, but it started BSOD'ing and my later PC's didn't have PCI slots (which is a shame - lot of perfectly usable PCI cards still around and alive) so there was no point in trying to fix it, otherwise I might still be using the Onkyo.

Latency, driver stability and the software like TotalMix FX bundling with RME though, are lovely.

Edited by sarine
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Still waitin to hear from someone who has one. I almost ordered one from Sweetwater but I got the NI mini 32 controller instead.

Good choice. 
There’s an interesting thread on the MOTU interfaces at Gearslutz:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1286130-motu-releases-m2-m4-usb-c-bus-powered-interfaces-9.html#post14436990

Designed in England. Made in China. 😁

I've used a lot of audio interfaces and it always comes down to 2 things: jitter and crappy headphone amps. Even the Precision Sound Orpheus had a crappy headphone amp. Superb DACs on the mains. I finally settled on the Solaris Quantum paired with the Audeze LCD-4z. Day and night is an understatement. Different worlds.

• Like 1