Consternation - banned again, sort of!

Bajan Blue

Hi

We just launched the sixth track off our  Kiss of Storms album.

It’s called Consternation.

Sorry about the age restriction issue - YouTube got all uptight about something once again but I honestly could not be bothered to fight them yet again - I think my next song  should be about censorship in the 2020's!!!!

If anyone spots something in the Video that they think could be the reason why Youtube age restricted the video and also blocked comments, I would love to know.

Anyway, I hope you are all old enough to watch it 😎 and I Hope you enjoy it.

You can see the lyrics here

https://devinelie.com/kiss-of-storms/consternation/

And the whole album is available on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/27iKYYjlWOT2Ku0ltzSEKB

We’ve updated our website as well – we’ve got our own store now where you can get music and merchandise!!

https://devinelie.com

• Like 8

Hi Nigel, wish I'd listened to youtube, i'm way to young( 58 ) and impressionable to watch this,  that scary clown with a sledge hammer is going to give me nightmares  😉

Lovely tune though !

Rik

On 4/19/2024 at 4:15 PM, DeeringAmps said:

👍's

Like and comment over at YT.

Love the bassline on this one. Reminds of  Entwistle and Cassidy.

👏

t

Hi tom

glad you were old enough to access the Youtube video😎

I actually wrote this track on my bass - i was playing around one day and came up with that Bass line, then built the rest of the song around it.

I Recorded it on my    VIGIER Arpege IV 4-String which has three band EQ for both neck and bridge pickups - this allowed me to get that cutting tone I was looking for

Again thanks for the comments, always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

I was unable to listen --- a have a notebook full of passwords and unfortunately did not have it with me when I listened.  I will when I get home.

BTW, have you contacted YouTube concerning this?  I have previously received a notice that one of my submissions( Silly Old Men) was removed as it encouraged hate and war.  I disputed it and sent in the lyrics.  This was followed up by a nice notice, by them, that they had reviewed the lyrics and video and were putting it back up on the website.  They must have AI and arrays that blindly search for key words and phases and determine the actions to be taken.

12 hours ago, freddy j said:

I was unable to listen --- a have a notebook full of passwords and unfortunately did not have it with me when I listened.  I will when I get home.

BTW, have you contacted YouTube concerning this?  I have previously received a notice that one of my submissions( Silly Old Men) was removed as it encouraged hate and war.  I disputed it and sent in the lyrics.  This was followed up by a nice notice, by them, that they had reviewed the lyrics and video and were putting it back up on the website.  They must have AI and arrays that blindly search for key words and phases and determine the actions to be taken.

Hi Freddy

Thanks for the advice - i thought, why not take up battle with YouTube again, so I did - they caved on first email!!

So, for the time being, the age restrictions are all lifted, so you can now watch it without having to divulge your age😎

Cheers

Nigel

On 4/19/2024 at 7:21 AM, Bajan Blue said:

If anyone spots something in the Video that they think could be the reason why Youtube age restricted the video and also blocked comments, I would love to know.

Sometimes AI is used to identify the percentage of skin-tones in an image to see if there is naked content.  There's a couple of shots there that don't show clothing (0:51 and 1:10)- obviously nothing nothing explicit, but maybe enough to confuse the algorithm?

Had the same problem, found out a troll reported me with some made up make believe when i asked Youtube

Nothing wrong with it great artist use to a great song, i feel a bit of U2 in the guitaring style 

Sounds great -- the song, the performance, and the production. , but that's no surprise coming from you.  Great job! It sounds very original and I sincerely like it a lot. I get Neil Finn solo vibes with a bit more edge (which is a good thing, as I'm a big fan of Neil Finn). It's both melodic and has a great groove and strong riffs. 

You always get such great drum sounds.  And I am jealous that you can put together original videos without having to scrounge around on youtube to get the video content - I feel bad about having to do that, but I just don't have the resources to put together my own videos.  You always do a superlative job on your releases, it inspires me to try harder!

On 4/19/2024 at 5:46 PM, KSband said:

More great work!

Hi

Thanks for this - and since I got the age restriction lifted, it seems more people have been able to watch it, wich is cool.

Again many thanks - really appreciated

Nigel

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 11:05 PM, AndyB01 said:

Comments and a like on YT - who can fathom YT rules, the world's gone mad!

Who cares what YT thinks, I thought it was great. 

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes YouTube are well, YouTube - a massive faceless monopoly!

Thanks so much for the great comments, really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 4/20/2024 at 2:23 PM, Wookiee said:

Obviously you have been a very naughty boy again Nigel, not sure what was naughty but....

Liked it. 

Hi Wookie

I keep getting accused of being naughty - perhaps a case of where there's smoke there's fire😎

Glad you liked it and many thanks for commenting

Cheers

Nigel