Introducing Mixbus 10

cclarry

17 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I didn't get an upgrade email but Nathan at Harrison got me setup with the $99 for Pro deal - I had been eyeing some of the XT plugins, so this turns out to be a very good deal for me also. 

How did you contact them ? I used the “Contact” page on their website 2 days ago, so far no news.

J

I used the support site at Harrison and asked about the $29 update they used to offer to update from Mixbus 9 to 10.

Nathan responded with an email confirming that the $29 update is still alive and well for the $129 version if you are a longtime user! This version doesn't include the channel gates., atmos, or the xtc plugins but I already have thousands of vsts anyway.

There was a coupon code in the email to be used at checkout. 

The location of the license was pretty confusing but I finally got it.

• Like 2

I did a project in V10 last night where I imported 20 tracks recorded on our band's Soundcraft Ui24R. I used the new (introduced in 9.2) Grid Mode to slide the beat/bar lines onto the kick drum transients to line up the tempo map with the actual performance. It was a breeze and you can do it while the music is playing. I used the new UI "flat" buttons to add even more clarity on my $220 4K Vizio 40" TV I'm using as a display. It did crash on me once when I was adjusting the colors of the grid lines but otherwise performance of the DAW was very good. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2024 at 4:40 PM, cclarry said:

code works...but is charging me taxes  of $20 and I have a 6% Sales Tax here in Michigan
which should make it $105 basically so someone's making $15 extra

Same here. Alabama tax is 9.5% , which would be 7.50 tax for the Plus version, not 20 bucks.

5 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

I had the same problem. You have to go into your account and add an address with your location. Otherwise, it defaults to some Europe location and charges you VAT

Me Too!! I also can confirm that this happened to me and it is an easy fix.  You have to change the Country location at checkout.  Even though I entered my USA address, the checkout somehow had the wrong Country Nation  (United Kingdom) even though i put in my USA address.  So, when I changed the nation code to USA  the tax was removed.  So make this change at the checkout and it should remove the VAT sales tax for USA residents.

• Like 1

Tried the v10 demo.

If you're wanting to push performance boundaries at ultra low latency... this isn't the DAW to do that.

• 14900k CPU
  • 96k at a 32-sample ASIO buffer size

Mixbus reports 60-90% CPU use (Resource Monitor shows about 7%)

This is with a single track of audio... or a single MIDI track with Kontakt 7 running The Grandeur.

Like the feature set... 

$500 seems a bit steep for the full-featured version.