Musio 1 50% off ($199) for one week

BTP

14 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I guess many of us with Kontakt versions of these libraries are waiting to get their Musio versions before diving in. 

Much of it's already there - at least the cinesymphony series. There are a few Musio exclusives too.

53 minutes ago, antler said:

Much of it's already there - at least the cinesymphony series. There are a few Musio exclusives too.

I meant to get them, not buy them again. Many are indeed (only) interested in the CineSymphony series but don’t want to buy it all over. 

56 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

The lack of traction for this product is bafling, it seems a good product at a good price and no one really cares🤷🏻‍♂️

I worry for those guys at cinesamples 

Do we really know for sure?

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I guess many of us with Kontakt versions of these libraries are waiting to get their Musio versions before diving in. 

Someone bought Music who have Kontakt because they didn't want the whole Cine Percussion on their drive. I guess the a la cart works.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Do we really know for sure?

You’re right we dont, but social media traction at least, if you see posts about this product rarely have any traction at all. Their own videos on youtube not much traction too.

i dont get why, because it seems a good product with an attractive price when on sale (199$ for all those libraries)

But maybe Fleer is right, most of those libraries are not recent and are already owned in kontakt by most of the people who could see the value in this product.

4 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

You’re right we dont, but social media traction at least, if you see posts about this product rarely have any traction at all. Their own videos on youtube not much traction too.

i dont get why, because it seems a good product with an attractive price when on sale (199$ for all those libraries)

But maybe Fleer is right, most of those libraries are not recent and are already owned in kontakt by most of the people who could see the value in this product.

I get your point @GoncaloL and I think traction at forums,  social media and YouTube is a decent reflection of popularity of a developer's brand and, in this case,  sample libraries/plugins. Cinesamples is a very established brand in this industry with a solid reputation for excellent quality libraries. I think the challenge is related to it being existing multi sample libraries on a new platform. The initial communication from them (Mike) was that these libraries would always be inferior to the KONTAKT versions, so I think that communication had an impact on the market reaction. Add to that, a lot of this market is heavily invested in KONTAKT. 

That doesn't mean they can't succeed with a proprietary sample player platform of their own,  it just means it's a lot more work to persuade the market that this platform has some value that makes it worth switching. In this case,  Cinesamples is appealing on trading price for functionality.  I think that's a big part of why the line hasn't had a more enthusiastic response. 

I'd also consider that one of the partners had left Cinesamples right before this product launch and that may be why some of the market isn't enthusiastic about a proprietary player from the developer.  Personally,  that was the reason I didn't buy their lifetime deal. Companies that do lifetime deals are desperate for cash and aren't able to get it from investors. Add to that, Mike's communication  that the Musio format would always be inferior to the KONTAKT versions and the strategy was to try and upsell Musio customers to KONTAKT versions and I passed. 

All of that said, I do think this offering and the pricing is worthy of much more attention.  Maybe the developer will make some adjustments that will change all of that. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

I have the sub version. It's working out well for me with the regular addition of more titles and updates to the software. 

They have just addressed my biggest annoyance with the ability to down load an entire library with one click while still retaining the individual articulations download for those pressed for disk space.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

the strategy was to try and upsell Musio customers to KONTAKT versions

Are they still using that strategy? I got the impression they're pretty much fully committed to Musio now. Also, some have no Kontakt equivalent, e.g. CineStrings Pro, Women of the North (the female counterpart to the Men of the North library).

As you've mentioned, they are targeting the non-established composer end of the market; they have podcasts on subjects pro composers would already have knowledge on, e.g. the business end of getting into composing.

1 hour ago, antler said:

Are they still using that strategy? I got the impression they're pretty much fully committed to Musio now. Also, some have no Kontakt equivalent, e.g. CineStrings Pro, Women of the North (the female counterpart to the Men of the North library).

As you've mentioned, they are targeting the non-established composer end of the market; they have podcasts on subjects pro composers would already have knowledge on, e.g. the business end of getting into composing.

They started out by positioning Musio as inferior to the KONTAKT versions but later made statements that made that less clear.  It seems like they're changing things. 

I'm definitely watching and may come aboard in time.  Of course,  they make some gorgeous libraries. I just want a little more  confidence that this player/format will be around in 3 years before I commit to another sample format/ plugin.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I just want a little more  confidence that this player/format will be around in 3 years before I commit...

My feeling exactly. Even if you buy a "Perpetual" license and buy an extra SSD so you can download every library, should the company later decide that it was a bad idea and shut down their server, you lose it all. Not only are the libraries gone, you'll never be able to rework (or finish) any project you've used them in.

Still, there's an awful lot of high-grade content in there for 200 bucks. Most of those libraries cost more than that individually.

• Like 2

Just now, bitflipper said:

My feeling exactly. Even if you buy a "Perpetual" license and buy an extra SSD so you can download every library, should the company later decide that it was a bad idea and shut down their server, you lose it all. Not only are the libraries gone, you'll never be able to rework (or finish) any project you've used them in.

Still, there's an awful lot of high-grade content in there for 200 bucks. Most of those libraries cost more than that individually.

They claimed that if they ever shut down, they will let buyers download all the stuff they bought.

• Like 1

Still waiting for the advantage of buying the initial lifetime.. they keep running sales, and not doing the Music 2 version. So a bit miffed about that.. but I guess that's what you get when you become an early adopter these days. Companies just don't seem to care as much about early customers, always just chasing the new purchasers with sales. I've learned to now not buy much of anything new... and just wait for the sales to come. Only a few vendors I trust and who seem to appreciate customers who purchase early, by never offering a lower price.

https://www.indiginus.com

https://insessionaudio.com

Are two of them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Cool! Perhaps my reservations are unwarranted then. Assuming, of course, that promise exists somewhere in writing.

Those promises mean little if they file bankruptcy (a chapt 11 or a 7).  But let's say they go under and hold to that promise, then you have a bunch of sample libraries in a proprietary format that work until your OS or DAW has an update that causes a conflict, then you're out of luck. At least KONTAKT has a pretty stable company behind it. If they had a similar offer for libraries in the KONTAKT format,  that had less features than their regular KONTAKT versions as is the case with Musio  -- I would have grabbed that in a heartbeat, of course. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

They started out by positioning Musio as inferior to the KONTAKT versions but later made statements that made that less clear.  It seems like they're changing things. 

I'm definitely watching and may come aboard in time.  Of course,  they make some gorgeous libraries. I just want a little more  confidence that this player/format will be around in 3 years before I commit to another sample format/ plugin.  

There's always something out there to replace them.  It's always a risk.  People can still run Gigastudio (GVI) to some extent and the Yellow Tools libraries are under Magix but users move on.

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Those promises mean little if they file bankruptcy (a chapt 11 or a 7).  But let's say they go under and hold to that promise, then you have a bunch of sample libraries in a proprietary format that work until your OS or DAW has an update that causes a conflict, then you're out of luck. At least KONTAKT has a pretty stable company behind it. If they had a similar offer for libraries in the KONTAKT format,  that had less features than their regular KONTAKT versions as is the case with Musio  -- I would have grabbed that in a heartbeat, of course. 

On a PC it’s usually not a problem. I’m still using Camel Audio Alchemy.