Save 30% on Cubase and get premium partner products at no cost!

cclarry

Whether you're switching from another DAW, diving into music production with Cubase or updating to version 13, you can now save 30% on all updates, upgrades and full versions. This offer is available online at the Steinberg shop and at your local retailer from March 26, 2024, to April 28, 2024.

But wait, there's more! As a bonus, every Cubase Pro 13, Artist 13, and Elements 13 customer will get access to premium partner products at no cost! Activation and coupon codes will be stored in the Vouchers section of your MySteinberg account, unlocking products from Universal Audio, Native Instruments, Softube, Klevgr, Splice, Celemony, Plug-in Boutique, Cinematique Instruments, Image Sounds and Steinberg.

You can find all the details below.

https://www.steinberg.net/promotion/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Is 30% the most they'll discount it all year?

Both Presonus and Steinberg used to do 50%...but haven't in quite a while...so as it stands this is the best it will get.
When it hits the resellers it will be slightly cheaper

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moon OverSea said:

Wow, is that a Studio Pro licence? I'm intrested.😁

It is, but I'm not giving it away for free if that's what you thought. 😉  PM if still interested.

Edited by jngnz

53 minutes ago, jngnz said:

It is, but I'm not giving it away for free if that's what you thought. 😉  PM if still interested.

Thanks for sharing the information. Currently I have Cubase, Luna and Studio one Artist, so limited gold for other upgrading now😂

1 minute ago, Moon OverSea said:

Thanks for sharing the information. Currently I have Cubase, Luna and Studio one Artist, so limited gold for other upgrading now😂

Stick to Cubase!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, jngnz said:

229 EUR with code #CHICK20.

You were supposed to be one of the more reasonable ones on this forum and not the one pushing pedal to the metal.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Kirean said:

You were supposed to be one of the more reasonable ones on this forum and not the one pushing pedal to the metal.

He's only reasonable because he seems to already own most of the quality products out there 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steinberg seemed to avoid the enshitification being bought by Yamaha.

No more hardware dongle, 3 machine license.  Unfortunately they have that odd distribution system.

As for the Studio One vs. Cubase try demos.  

There's nothing wrong with having 2 DAWs. It is not polygamy. 

• Like 1

As a multi-decade Cubase Pro user (and Nuendo), I find it funny they always offer these essentially hobbyist products for free, when they have an enormous catalog of professional instruments made by themselves that would be appealing to high end users. Especially incentivizing other professionals that are coming from Logic or DP, etc.

So here we have a mixed bag of mostly crap products, or lite versions (i.e. useless) of decent products, or products that routinely go on sale for dirt cheap. And I don't know any pro Cubase users who don't already have Melodyne, Guitar Rig (or a better / full guitar ecosystem), or better synths / effects already.

Is it really that much of a revenue / profit loss to offer something of real value - from their own catalog - to incentivize higher end users? Say, something that will get people into the Halion ecosystem. It seems all these companies cater to one crowd with these bloated freebie packages of mostly useless crap, with nonsensical combinations of "whatever we could get for pennies on the dollar from our partners", instead of trying to build their higher end userbase. That "Pop Guitar 2" sample pack and 1-Month Splice coupon must have taken weeks of executive level negotiations to secure, I'm sure.

/rant

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3

Could someone explain why I might like Cubase if I have Studio One Pro? (Please bear in mind I've enough third-party plugins to make 'better stock plugins' not an overly compelling argument for me.)

Also, I heard they got rid of the dongle. What's the copy-protection system now?

12 minutes ago, antler said:

Could someone explain why I might like Cubase if I have Studio One Pro? (Please bear in mind I've enough third-party plugins to make 'better stock plugins' not an overly compelling argument for me.)

Also, I heard they got rid of the dongle. What's the copy-protection system now?

If you are a composer who uses MIDI then Cubase is unparalleled.  Many other features also,
and of course the fact that Steinberg is the developer of VST Technology comes into play.

It's a machine Authorization using their Activation Manager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, antler said:

Could someone explain why I might like Cubase if I have Studio One Pro? 

As Larry said, Midi is unparalleled.  I also think that Cubase has the best support for external hardware of any DAW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1