Creative Sauce - Initial Sonar overview

JoeGBradford

I like that he goes over features that I don't usually use / haven't explored, but might now that I see he pointed them out. Also, nice that he highlights some of the new features. Glad to see the content is about Cakewalk's features and not secondary to his personal preferences for another DAW.  

• Like 4

You can tell he must have spent a lot of time preparing for this video as we still don’t have a owners manual so you have to figure stuff out on your own.
He demonstrated a bunch of stuff I hadn’t figured out or stumbled upon yet. It’s good Mike is back on board with us. 

• Like 5

I’m working on a research project of looking at all the other DAW available to us. One thing becomes very apparent is that every one of those so far I’m demoing have very good official tutorials. 
Bitwig has them totally integrated into the software.  
Those companies obviously understand the importance of top quality tutorials to get new users up to speed  in a hurry. 

It made me realize why Mike would focus on Sonar again. Probably didn’t get the stats from making Studio One videos.  Cakewalk was free and had no official videos. So wide open market. 
Studio One is one of the more expensive DAWS and it has a lot of professional videos already. Majority of his subscribers couldn’t afford S1. So stats probably were dropping rapidly. 
You can make money on You Tube but it’s a stressful fight to maintain those stats. 
So back to Sonar which is yet to be seen how big the user base will be. But for now it will bring his stats back up.
But really Bandlab will need to make proper tutorials to compete as like every one says. Now it is no longer the best free DAW. It is just another DAW and I’m finding some very good stuff out there in DAW land. 

• Like 1

I like Mike's videos. Nicely paced,  thorough. Subscribed to his new Sonar channel. 

Would definitely vote for him to become "official" Sonar guy for tutorials.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 8:17 AM, John Vere said:

Studio One is one of the more expensive DAWS

That sure changed in a hurry.

You can now get a perpetual license for Studio One Pro along with a year's subscription to Studio One+ for $179.

That puts it even lower than Logic Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new automation smoothing feature; hope the developers continue to make improvements that make automation easier to use.  Also want to wish Mike well and hope to see many more of his excellent videos on the new Sonar.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 9:09 AM, Starship Krupa said:

That sure changed in a hurry.

You can now get a perpetual license for Studio One Pro along with a year's subscription to Studio One+ for $179.

That puts it even lower than Logic Pro.

Did you see the row it created.