Kilohearts releases FREE "Shaper" & paid "Shaper Table" - $19.50 Intro price

Solidos

Posted (edited)
  • Curves can now be edited within the main displays of their respective modules

Great update! I'm currently demoing Phase Plant and tested this right now and it's wonderful.

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 1

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Ultimate Bundle owners would get better pricing on new plugins than new buyers do.  Instead, my account shows the regular sale price of $19.50 and the option to upgrade my Ultimate (with that same one plugin only) for $23.00. That's a bummer to see and also makes no sense.

Edited by Anxiousmofo

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Ultimate Bundle owners would get better pricing on new plugins than new buyers do.  That's a bummer to see.

Did you check in your Kilohearts profile?

• Future additions can be acquired by completing your bundle at a discount.

So you don't but the new product but rather upgrade to the new Ultimate version.

Edited by Solidos

5 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Ultimate Bundle owners would get better pricing on new plugins than new buyers do.  Instead, my account shows the regular sale price of $19.50 and the option to upgrade my Ultimate (with that same one plugin only) for $23.00. That's a bummer to see and also makes no sense.

Sure it does... for them it's another 350 cents.

Had exactly the same issue with KH with their previous addition.
I contacted support about it and it was like trying to have a conversation with someone who is high... but $23 gets you Ultimate! But it's the same thing. But it's Ultimate!, etc.
After going back & forth they did eventually acknowledge that the only difference was my spending the extra money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

That's too bad. I was hoping Ultimate owners would get it included like Melda and Kuassa does. I'm still curious about the decision to give everything away for free but the "premium" plugins. Their previous sales model was worked splendidly on me while it lasted... 

12 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Sure it does... for them it's another 350 cents.

Had exactly the same issue with KH with their previous addition.
I contacted support about it and it was like trying to have a conversation with someone who is high... but $23 gets you Ultimate! But it's the same thing. But it's Ultimate!, etc.
After going back & forth they did eventually acknowledge that the only difference was my spending the extra money.

Oh lord.  I'll advise how it goes this time.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Same and I agree! 

--- edit ---

https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_ultimate

The Ultimate Bundle

Own the entire collection of Kilohearts plugins with Kilohearts Ultimate.

Now I'm a little annoyed. They should have done like IK or Arturia and labelled it "Ultimate 1", "Ultimate 2", etc.  The way it is now is simply says "own the entire collection".  So do I own Ultimate or not??  (For the record, yes, I do.) 

Hrmph.

--- edit ---

There. Now they have another support email to answer.  

(support@kilohearts.com)   😉

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

Interesting. Had a $30 coupon lying around. These coupons don’t work on sale pricing, but they do work on Ultimate upgrades, so I was able to use it on that $23 upgrade cost. 

• Great Idea 1

14 hours ago, mibby said:

That's too bad. I was hoping Ultimate owners would get it included like Melda and Kuassa does. I'm still curious about the decision to give everything away for free but the "premium" plugins. Their previous sales model was worked splendidly on me while it lasted... 

The last I checked, Ultimate Bundles for Third-Party Voltage Modular developers also include new modules at no extra charge. There are only a few developers that have Ultimate Bundles and also make new modules (I counted three), but this is another precedent to including new modules.

In addition, some third-party VM developers have smaller targeted bundles (which are included in the Ultimate Bundle) and when new modules are added, they also get added at no extra charge to the respective lesser bundles, much like Melda does.

KV331 Audio does the the same thing with their Synthmaster Everything Bundle.

One of the hard lessons I've learned is that similar bundle labels from various companies that might imply some sort of completeness do not have similar consumer-oriented practices.  JMO: It is a great service that forum members provide by helping others to see this.

"Consumers of the World, Unite!!!" 

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Purchased, I like their stuff (use it too little though) and I would like to have the collection complete, which is a stupid reason but still a reason.

I think it's not so much about liking what they make but who they are. 

I heard back from support. After a few brief exchanges back and forth and suggestions from me on how they should clear things up for their Ultimate customers, the support person emailed back and said he saw that I have been a customer for a long time and purchased many of the free (now) plugins. So he kindly issued a license to my account.    🙂

While I think this pricing is stupid, it's nice to know there are decent and reasonable people on the other end. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I heard back from support. After a few brief exchanges back and forth and suggestions from me on how they should clear things up for their Ultimate customers, the support person emailed back and said he saw that I have been a customer for a long time and purchased many of the free (now) plugins. So he kindly issued a license to my account.    🙂

While I think this pricing is stupid, it's nice to know there are decent and reasonable people on the other end. 

Nice.  Still no response to my initial query here.

• Sad 1