They All Talking!

freddy j

Here is a short, silly song about gossip the grapevine and mostly about listening.  It picks up on the Sonny Boy Williamson 2 song -Don't Start Me To Talking.  It offers just a wee bit of social observation.  In my last song I was trying to reproduce the sound of the amps used by the old Blues and Jump Blues performers primarily in the south side of Chicago.  Hopefully, I got a bit closer on this song.  It is a bit rough.  That is not only my lack of talent but I also was trying to replicate the sound of that era.

As always, I will be grateful for any crits., comments, and suggestions.

Thanks

THEY ALL TALKING

https://www.soundclick.com/freddyj

• Like 4

There's much wisdom in your words!  But how to get people to listen?  Writing catchy songs like this is one answer.  Your words are poetic, your music is addictive.  This is another in a long list of hits, Fred!

• Like 1

Hi Old Joad.  Thanks very much for listening.  You got the call on the amp right.  If I remember correctly,  I used the Amplitude 5 Bassman amp plugin along with my beat up Norma semi-hollow body guitar with the rusty pickups.  I'm getting closer to the sound of that era - now I just have to work on the style (love that style love that sound).  I was going for that rough, loose sound that you might hear in the clubs of that era  --- especially those on the Chitlin Circuit, like right here in Tampa's Central Ave.  Thanks again.

Hi Jack.  Thanks for listening and commenting.  Much appreciated.

Hi Lynn.  You are much to kind but the encouragement is much appreciated.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment my friend.

Thank you Daryl1968.  The vocals were pre-Covid.  My tired old vocal chords are finally starting to return from the CoVid experience.  Thanks again for listening and commenting.

• Like 1

I think you got the tone happening on this on Freddy.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:39 AM, daryl1968 said:

Another fan of the backing vocals here

Yep, me too! Especially naked right there at the end; beautiful!

Taking the chorus to the 4, priceless Freddy, simply priceless.

All around 👍's  👏 and

two snaps and a backfield in motion says it all. There is no higher praise...

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tom.  Thanks very much for the kind words and encouragement.  I got a real kick out of the videos (2 snaps and an around the world for that)! Thanks again.

Thank you Steve.  I'm glad that you liked it.  I was having a lot of fun doing this song and I was hoping that it would spill over.

• Like 1

Hey Steve.  Back when I was a wee bit of a pre-teen and at the time living in Ontario, Canada -- I happened upon a 50,000 Watt radio station.  It was the famous or infamous WLAC station out of Nashville, Tennessee.  At night the DJ's (John R  and Big Hugh Baby) played nothing but R&B and the Blues.  Once I heard Jimmy Reed I was hooked.  Hence, every once in a while I go back in the alley and try to reproduce the sound.  Thanks very much for commenting and I'm very glad that you liked it!

Hi Rik.  Every once in a while (don't know why), I like to intro a song with a count-in (drummers sticks).  Unfortunately and apparently, not all of the count-in made it in the posting.  What you were hearing was half of the count with a much reduced volume.  Apparently, the rest of the song also lost volume.  Thanks for listening and for the insights!

Thank you Nigel.  It took a lot of tries but I think that I got close with that early amp gravelly, growly, overdriven sound.  I always value your input.  Thanks for listening and your kind comments.

Hey Wookie.  Thanks very much for listening, commenting and for the like!!  BTW, I really enjoyed your recent post!!

On 3/21/2024 at 12:37 PM, freddy j said:

Hi Old Joad.  Thanks very much for listening.  You got the call on the amp right.  If I remember correctly,  I used the Amplitude 5 Bassman amp plugin along with my beat up Norma semi-hollow body guitar with the rusty pickups.  I'm getting closer to the sound of that era - now I just have to work on the style (love that style love that sound).  I was going for that rough, loose sound that you might hear in the clubs of that era  --- especially those on the Chitlin Circuit, like right here in Tampa's Central Ave.  Thanks again.

Cool😎👍🏼 The reason I thought it was the Bassman amp is I have a Fender Mustang GTX 100, amp, and I can download just about every amp Fender has ever made through this thing, and I've spent a ton of time playing through the Bassman because I love the sound of it. I have to hand to Amplitude 5 they have really nailed the sound of that amp🍻

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bapu!  Thanks very much --- much appreciated!  BTW, I enjoyed your last post with Daryl and the gang!  Cool stuff!!!

Hey Old Joad.  I started with Amplitude 3 and it seems to have improved every time it has up graded.  I share your enthusiasm for the Bassman.  Thanks again for your input!!