So I'm playing with the new Sonar

1 hour ago, Terry Kelley said:

Yeah, that’s a good description: raw. But so far I haven’t run into any issues other than readability which is something a good theme could fix.

HI:)
Here on 4K I find all Fonts are very good readable, much better than in CbB! Nearly everything is in White not grey, pretty good!

Bassman.

9 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Figured out what the repro is, it only happens when the dock is the full screen width rather than the default width.

Yeah, sorry forgot to mention that.  Won't happen if views don't  overlap.  My standard screenset has always been full screen MultiDock. 

5 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Here on 4K I find all Fonts are very good readable, much better than in CbB!

Some Control Bar fonts are actually smaller than in CbB.

But wait there's more...

2. Browser has same issue as Inspector with CbB projects.

3. Browser won't dock beneath MultiDock in new projects so can't create full width MultiDock view unless Browser is floating.

4. Entire Browser experience seems to have display issues - can't resize views and separation bar disappears when it's open.

Edited by sjoens

The only way is doing that "backstage pass" process?

dang it! 😡 now i have to decide which one to cancel - Slate? Max? Hulu? Netflix?  arrrgggh impossible choices! 😱

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

To me the Output Icon  in Sonar [ O ] is much easier to read than the [ o ] in CbB. 

Sure, but the problem here is that the larger icons in Sonar occupies more space. Simply changing the colour of the background square from gray to white would have increased legitibility, while the space available for text wouldn't have decreased. Also, the padding has increased for some unknown reason, making the space available for text even smaller. And to top it all off, the font size has increased, which is the third reason so little space is left for the actual text.

• Meh 1

22 minutes ago, Marcos Kleine said:

Trying to activate , logged on BandLab account, nothing happens, getting the same message to activate over and over ....damn it . The only way is doing that "backstage pass" process?

If it is just to take a look, you can load an existing project, play a little with it. You just can't save any changes though. But at least you'll have some idea of what is coming. You'll be nagged that it is not activated once in a while, but that can be dismiss.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

To me the Output Icon  in Sonar [ O ] is much easier to read than the [ o ] in CbB.

13 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Sure, but the problem here is that the larger icons in Sonar occupies more space. Simply changing the colour of the background square from gray to white would have increased legitibility, while the space available for text wouldn't have decreased. Also, the padding has increased for some unknown reason, making the space available for text even smaller. And to top it all off, the font size has increased, which is the third reason so little space is left for the actual text.

I was making a simple comment.  I wasn't commenting on the visibility of the other components.  I was not debating. I envision possible solutions that meet the needs of multiple users. I was not contradicting anything that anyone else said so far as I can see.

"Sure, but . . . ." only serves to disagree with my comment.  

• Meh 1

2 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

If it is just to take a look, you can load an existing project, play a little with it. You just can't save any changes though. But at least you'll have some idea of what is coming. You'll be nagged that it is not activated once in a while, but that can be dismiss.

Is what i am doing hehe, i dont find any voice do Midi option, is better have a look around, thanks for the response!

6 minutes ago, Marcos Kleine said:

Is what i am doing hehe, i dont find any voice do Midi option, is better have a look around, thanks for the response!

You need Melodyne installed. Then depending on what version you own any audio track can be dragged to a VST instrument or midi track and it will be converted to midi data. 
Basic versions only do single monophonic conversion. Good for vocals, Bass and lead Guitar lines. 
The top 2 versions can create Polyphonic data as in guitar chords. 
This is something any DAW that has ARA can do. 

2 minutes ago, John Vere said:

You need Melodyne installed. Then depending on what version you own any audio track can be dragged to a VST instrument or midi track and it will be converted to midi data. 
Basic versions only do single monophonic conversion. Good for vocals, Bass and lead Guitar lines. 
The top 2 versions can create Polyphonic data as in guitar chords. 
This is something any DAW that has ARA can do. 

Yes i do have melodyne, what i meant was on the bandlab app convert the vocal do Midi as the tutorial on backstage pass. But i will wait for the oficial release hehe but thanks anyway for the response.

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I thought you were one of the open-minded people. 

I am. However, I don't think this thread should be littered with personal reflections. The S/N ratio can deteriorate rapidly. That's why I didn't post anything in reply to your strange thumbs down, and only gave you a thumbs down in reply. But as you keep going on; the point of my message was to say that designing a user interface is always  a balance between different important goals. Of course a bigger icon is easier to read that a small icon. Nobody can deny that. But the effect such changes have on other factors - in this case the number of characters that actually fit inside the text box - must be taken into account. Hence, I felt a need to agree, and disagree.

How you could give me a thumbs down for that, I still can't understand. But hey.