Tone Empire Soul Squash Compressor Pedal Plugin FREE! Normally $39USD

PavlovsCat

Tone Empire SoulSquash Soul / Funk Vibe Vintage Audio Compressor Pedal - Reg. $39 USD Now FREE (Not certain of sale end date)

Introducing the SoulSquash Vintage Audio Compressor Pedal: A sonic time capsule brimming with retro allure and modern finesse. Sampled and accurately replicated with Tone Empire's proprietary NM2 Neural Network technology, this pedal embodies a pristine and clean solid-state sound, adding a touch of nostalgia to your audio. 

Its intuitive design and minimalist controls channel soulful and funky vibes, ensuring effortless integration into any setup. From pianos to clavinets, orchestra to bass, vocals to drums, the SoulSquash pedal delivers an enchanting compression that enhances every note with a touch of soul.

Elevate your sound with a pedal that captures the essence of vintage punch and versatility, inviting you to infuse your music with a dash of timeless charisma.

Controls

Compressor: Control the input gain into the compressor processing .

Output: This is the control for output attenuation after the compression processing.

Thick: This switch adds a Lo Eq Bump post compression for a "thicker" sound!

Input Adjust: Use this control to further adjust the input signal gain before processing.

Output Adjust: Use this control to trim the final output of the processing after the dry mix .

Dry Mix: Add the original unprocessed signal to the mix as parallel processing.

System Requirements

Mac

macOS 10.13 or later (Intel / Native M1 supported) (64-bit only)

VST3, AU, or AAX

Intel i3 / AMD Ryzen or equivalent

2 GB RAM / 300 MB HD Required

Screen resolution - 1024 × 768

Note: M1 Mac users running Logic Pro (10.7.2 and above) or Ableton (11.1) please use the 'M1' installer. For all other DAWs please use the regular 'Mac' installer.

Windows

Windows 10 or later (64-bit only)

VST3 or AAX

Intel i3 / AMD Ryzen or equivalent

2 GB RAM / 300 MB HD

Screen resolution - 1024 × 768

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/11093-Soul-Squash

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

55 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Already covered, although not by much! 🤣

Are you sure? Look at the time. I'm pretty sure we tied. Could it be???

In any event,  it's no big deal if the mods delete mine.  But I'm kinda amused by the possibility that we could have placed it at the same time.  I scanned page one, then did a search and nothing came up before posting. I noticed yours before one hour and it showed the identical post time as mime. So I'm calling it a tie! But I know cclarry, and you and I will never match cclarry! :)

Anyhow, if the mods see this, you can kill my thread. No problem. 

48 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Are you sure? Look at the time. I'm pretty sure we tied. Could it be???

In any event,  it's no big deal if the mods delete mine.  But I'm kinda amused by the possibility that we could have placed it at the same time.  I scanned page one, then did a search and nothing came up before posting. I noticed yours before one hour and it showed the identical post time as mime. So I'm calling it a tie! But I know cclarry, and you and I will never match cclarry! :)

Anyhow, if the mods see this, you can kill my thread. No problem. 

I am sure, but only just! I refreshed after I posted and your post wasn't there. 

If you refresh a few times so not right at the start of the minute, you will also see my post will show as a minute ahead, so there definitely wasn't much in it 🤣 I'm not really worried either way though, I more just mentioned it because it keeps the history more lean when searching for old posts and sales if we're thinking about buying things.

And you're not wrong with Lars.. even getting a tie would be an achievement at times.. Haha.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I am sure, but only just! I refreshed after I posted and your post wasn't there. 

If you refresh a few times so not right at the start of the minute, you will also see my post will show as a minute ahead, so there definitely wasn't much in it 🤣 I'm not really worried either way though, I more just mentioned it because it keeps the history more lean when searching for old posts and sales if we're thinking about buying things.

And you're not wrong with Lars.. even getting a tie would be an achievement at times.. Haha.. 

I take too long to write posts, so I rarely make them (and then I post it and find grammatical errors -- I really need an editor). I should just stick to my freebie threads and leave everything else to the fastest typists. It seems every time I see something in an ad, an email or a Facebook group I'm, it's either up here, or up in minutes. At least I have my freebie threads! I suppose I need to stay in my lane! Hahaha. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

jngnz feels strongly against this dev's plugins. Personally, while I have a couple of plugins they gave away free, I've never actually tried any of them yet (although even if I did, I definitely don't feel I'm qualified to have a really knowledgeable opinion on compressors, I barely know what I'm doing with them). Any other opinions? 

I'm definitely not discounting jngnz. He's going to school for audio and knows a lot more than me. While he can be pretty savage, I think he's knowledgeable and I take his opinions into account when I look at plugins and sample libraries. His post also reminded me that a YouTuber whose videos I enjoy -- White Sea Studio is the name of his channel -- did a video on a Tone Emporer compressor a while back where he recommended against buying it because of undesirable artifacts. So, with both jngnz and the White Sea Studio guys negative critique of their plugins, I am hesitant to download and install it. (I don't blindly go on others' advice, but I don't have sound engineering expertise, so I tend to check to see what more knowledgeable people have to say about plugins before I buy them, and if they say something isn't good, I pass on it). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

jngnz feels strongly against this dev's plugins. Personally, while I have a couple of plugins they gave away free, I've never actually tried any of them yet (although even if I did, I definitely don't feel I'm qualified to have a really knowledgeable opinion on compressors, I barely know what I'm doing with them). Any other opinions? 

I'm definitely not discounting jngnz. He's going to school for audio and knows a lot more than me. While he can be pretty savage, I think he's knowledgeable and I take his opinions into account when I look at plugins and sample libraries. His post also reminded me that a YouTuber whose videos I enjoy -- White Sea Studio is the name of his channel -- did a video on a Tone Emporer compressor a while back where he recommended against buying it because of undesirable artifacts. So, with both jngnz and the White Sea Studio guys negative critique of their plugins, I am hesitant to download and install it. (I don't blindly go on others' advice, but I don't have sound engineering expertise, so I tend to check to see what more knowledgeable people have to say about plugins before I buy them, and if they say something isn't good, I pass on it). 

Let's put it this way: I've checked on some of the plugins some time ago, and they are nothing special. In a world with a lot of choice regarding plugins, you will always find something better. I would recommend to pick something like Analog Obsession for free or, if you are after pedals, go for Audiority, Kuassa or the many others around. Bottom line: As I wanted to downsize my setup anyway (which I did), I've successfully ignored this company. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

Let's put it this way: I've checked on some of the plugins some time ago, and they are nothing special. In a world with a lot of choice regarding plugins, you will always find something better. I would recommend to pick something like Analog Obsession for free or, if you are after pedals, go for Audiority, Kuassa or the many others around. Bottom line: As I wanted to downsize my setup anyway (which I did), I've successfully ignored this company. 

I tired the neural EQ when it was released for free.  It was the most CPU hungry nonsense I'd ever tried.  I heard they may have made it more efficient but for me the ship sailed.  Haven't seen anything interesting enough for me to try something else yet.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CSistine said:

Also they did change their authorization to online some time ago! Before they were a company with pleasant file authorization, but that's gone.

"This plugin uses an online-based license registration system that requires an internet connection. When in trial mode, your computer needs to be online to use the plugin.

Once the plugin is registered, you no longer need to be online to use it."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tom said:

Yeah the Firechild has a mix of Algo and Impulse response for a pretty authentic sound. Saying that I dont really use it due to latency

I think Acustica is doing the same with their latest comps. Compression was never the strong suite of that technology. TAN 2 does sound nice, though. I wonder if it's partly algorithmic.

4 hours ago, Soundwise said:

It's not a bad sounding plugin, however, there's nothing special about it.

I'm looking for a compressor plugin with a distinct click/pop sound on attack. Any suggestions?

- Pulsar 1178: classic FET sound with a twist, the twist being added saturation of different types
- Empirical Labs Arousor (low CPU) or UAD Distressor (high CPU): emulations of a modern classic. Can be more aggressive than the 1178 (or 1176 for that matter)
- P11 Abyss can do anything you could ever want out of a compressor, including SMACK on the highest PSI setting. But you're very much not going to like the price point.
- DMG Audio TrackComp 2 in 76 or 160 modes: top of the line 1176 and dbx160 emulations.
- Aberrant DSP Shapeshifter: honourable mention. Smack with a twist. Definitely not a goto, but can be a secret weapon.

edit: let me add UAD dbx160. Incredibly low on CPU and there likely isn't a more "iconic" click/pop transient sound, at least not for kick and snare.

Edited by jngnz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jngnz said:

- Pulsar 1178: classic FET sound with a twist, the twist being added saturation of different types
- Empirical Labs Arousor (low CPU) or UAD Distressor (high CPU): emulations of a modern classic. Can be more aggressive than the 1178 (or 1176 for that matter)
- P11 Abyss can do anything you could ever want out of a compressor, including SMACK on the highest PSI setting. But you're very much not going to like the price point.
- DMG Audio TrackComp 2 in 76 or 160 modes: top of the line 1176 and dbx160 emulations.
- Aberrant DSP Shapeshifter: honourable mention. Smack with a twist. Definitely not a goto, but can be a secret weapon.

edit: let me add UAD dbx160. Incredibly low on CPU and there likely isn't a more "iconic" click/pop transient sound, at least not for kick and snare.

have u got any hardware effects