Cakewalk 2024.02 Released

cclarry

Updated to 29.09.0.098

This build contains the following improvements:

CbB has been updated to work with the new Cakewalk Product Center.

Offline activation is now available via Product Center.

Improvements to sign in process with new activation response and error pages. Signing in to BandLab no longer redirects you to the BandLab portal after sign in.

Cakewalk no longer automatically launches the browser to sign in at app startup.

The Sonar promotional window should not appear when running CbB offline (at this time).

Updates for Sonar promotional window content.

Fixed problems with unresponsive Sonar promotional window.

Fixes for analytics and app startup.

Fixes for in-app updates.

Run the Product Center to Update!

New Cakewalk Product Center

The new Cakewalk Product Center application has been released. This app will be the central portal to install and manage all future Cakewalk products going forward. Offline activation for Cakewalk and future products is available via Product Center.

Click the link below to read more about Cakewalk Product Center.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Ephraim Isaac said:

Thanx for the update guys!

Question:

I made this post a while back about CakeWalk crashing when using 2 specific vst's in a project.
Using the Poise & UVI workstation vst crashes CakeWalk..Help!

Will this be resolved in CakeWalk Sonar?
Or maybe still with Bandlabs CakeWalk?

Sounds like a driver issue.  I use UVI Workstation with no issues

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Ephraim Isaac said:

I made this post a while back about CakeWalk crashing when using 2 specific vst's in a project.

Brutally honest answer, I highly doubt it.

With Sonar, they will simply tell you to contact the makers of Poise as this is an issue with their plugin, not Cakewalk

With CbB, definitely not - development as pretty much ceased.

As good as Poise might be, I would simply give it the flick and find something more reliable.

Just gave the Product Center a spin! Updated the newest version for it and used it to download and install the latest CbB.

Pretty nifty! No crashing so far. 

Although,  I saw where Tts-1 will no longer be a part of Cakewalk! I stopped using it myself many years ago but I have a friend that will be devastated by this news. Also, saw on this forum, several people that still love that little plug! Do you think maybe Roland would be up to selling it for a reasonable price? Possibly they could develop it as a VSTi.

Just speculation!

11 hours ago, Ephraim Isaac said:

Very doubtful. Who knows, it may start working in a future Sonar release as the result of a different issue being addressed.

Your best bet is to find a replacement for one of the three pieces of software that are not cooperating. If it were me, that would be Poise. Speedrum Lite works with Cakewalk by BandLab.

12 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Just gave the Product Center a spin! Updated the newest version for it and used it to download and install the latest CbB.

Pretty nifty! No crashing so far. 

Although,  I saw where Tts-1 will no longer be a part of Cakewalk! I stopped using it myself many years ago but I have a friend that will be devastated by this news. Also, saw on this forum, several people that still love that little plug! Do you think maybe Roland would be up to selling it for a reasonable price? Possibly they could develop it as a VSTi.

Just speculation!

If you already have it, then do you not already have it ? 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I have had tts since it was made available. Although,  I have moved on to shall we say more pro line synths and samplers.

I was speaking in terms of new Sonar customers who will no longer have the option of a GM synth right out of the gate!

It has is handy if you like to audition midi files without more clicks to open up a VST.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It has is handy if you like to audition midi files without more clicks to open up a VST.

A new GM synth shouldn't be too tall of an order for a future Sonar update. In fact the synth engine used to preview midi in Bandlab assistant (before they removed it ) wasn't half bad.  Side note, I had hoped Loopcloud would add something like that to preview midi too.

On 2/25/2024 at 7:50 AM, Lemar Sain said:

A new GM synth shouldn't be too tall of an order for a future Sonar update. In fact the synth engine used to preview midi in Bandlab assistant (before they removed it ) wasn't half bad.  Side note, I had hoped Loopcloud would add something like that to preview midi too.

I never cared for the Loopmaster label because their lack of midi.

I'm hoping Image Line will have this function but yet they don't have that in their DAW.

FL Studio, Live, and Reason don't have these functions.