🎮 FREE Half-Life on Steam for a limited time! (expired)

Lamia6

Named Game of the Year by over 50 publications, Valve's debut title blends action and adventure with award-winning technology to create a frighteningly realistic world where players must think to survive. Also includes an exciting multiplayer mode that allows you to play against friends and enemies around the world. The Half-Life free game giveaway lasts only from November 16 to November 20, 2023. It may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grab this title at no extra cost, so don't put off claiming it!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/70/HalfLife/

Edited by Lamia6
offer expired
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Sneaking on a rooftop at night and hearing the headcrabs scurrying up the drainpipes to attack you.  Still an unsurpassed horror/suspense experience in gaming IMO.

Yip - To date I think, nothing has come close to HalfLife game universe, in my view anyway. Its got something very unique about it, the atmosphere etc. 

I would really love if NETFLIX or other streamer picked up an option to actually make a series or a movie out of it. I would say it would attract a big audience 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

Sneaking on a rooftop at night and hearing the headcrabs scurrying up the drainpipes to attack you.  Still an unsurpassed horror/suspense experience in gaming IMO.

Have you tried Alien Isolation? A different genre of game to be sure, but it is really atmospheric.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antler said:

Have you tried Alien Isolation? A different genre of game to be sure, but it is really atmospheric.

I will keep an eye out for that one.  It certainly looks like a good one to play late at night when the cat jumps into my lap from the shadows. Starfield is still sucking down my gaming time lately.  It's not immersive, but I am a fan of a lot of Bethesda stuff.

7 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Great games .. AND I have the actual tee-shirt to prove it also .. still wear it, got it in an actual boxed edition of Half Life way back

My fav game of all time. I have retail box versions of this, Opposing Force, Blue Shift and HL2. But I don't have a t-shirt. I'm envious :)

• Like 2

I think this was the first game I had ever played where I was an active participant in the introductory cut scene. It was amazing.

12 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I would really love if NETFLIX or other streamer picked up an option to actually make a series or a movie out of it. I would say it would attract a big audience 

I bet you I would hate the end result, because they would approach it from the "how to squeeze as much money out of this as possible" mindset. Two rants about the current trend in movie/tv industry, which I found both interesting:

This one is a bit long-winded for my taste, but it raises some interesting points:

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 1

• Lamia6 changed the title to 🎮 FREE Half-Life on Steam for a limited time! (expired)
On 11/17/2023 at 7:45 PM, Brian Lawler said:

I will keep an eye out for that one.  It certainly looks like a good one to play late at night when the cat jumps into my lap from the shadows. Starfield is still sucking down my gaming time lately.  It's not immersive, but I am a fan of a lot of Bethesda stuff.

alien isolation is on sale at steam for 75% off - $10

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/79549/

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1