New IK Product Manager update for registered users

chris.r

@Peter - IK Multimedia I've been a big critic of this paying for downloads thing and honestly think it was costing you more in bandwidth as all your users would download everything "just in case." So credit where credit is due, this is a fantastic change. Thank you!

For those asking for refunds on unused downloads, please let's not go there. They've already given everyone something for free that they used to have to pay for, and Bapu hasn't lost anything by not using those 7-8 download credits. So you can't argue that you didn't get something that you paid for.

If they want to credit people as a gesture of goodwill then fine, but this move shouldn't need to cost IK anything in refunds.

Edited by Toffo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

5 hours ago, Toffo said:

If they want to credit people as a gesture of goodwill then fine, but this move shouldn't need to cost IK anything in refunds.

If the IK people responsible for the (great) move would be negatively impacted by cash refunds, alternatively they could issue some form of store credit.

(and that's really an "if", quite possibly it is a tiny amount of people with pre-purchased downloads)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chris.r said:

IK is pleased to announce a new version of the IK Product Manager available to improve the experience of all IK virtual instrument users.

From today, you can reload any of your instrument sound files at any time with version 1.0.10 of the IK Product Manager. There are no more fees or time restrictions for these downloads.

Until now, if you didn't or couldn't download all of your IK virtual instrument sounds files within a 180-day timeframe following registration, you'd be required to purchase a "Sounds Download Reactivation Credit" for an additional 180 days to download the sounds.

We trust this new policy is welcome news for many IK users. We still recommend that you back up any sound files you download, but they'll be in IK Product Manager if you need them again.

IK Multimedia

Instructions

To get the latest version, launch IK Product Manager and follow the prompts to update. Or for new installations, you can download IK Product Manager here.

Does 1.0.10 fix the issue introduced in 1.0.09 where you had to be logged in to the PM to use your products?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kirean said:

IK is on the right side of history!

Based on your profile picture I just have to say I didn't do ******* ****! :)  Edit, though, to clarify I did have a bit to do with this so I did do ******* ****. 

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia I foolishly bought 10 advance reloads and used 2 or 3. Do I get my money back?

That would be something for the support team to look into by looking directly at your account.

10 hours ago, Sistine said:

Still they did not fix the offline authorization! In the FAQ there is only the outdated explanation with the Authorization Manager for offline authorization and that does not work anymore! Bad, bad IK! 😐

IK Product Manager did not have offline authorization from the go.  However a bug that was requiring you to be logged in to IK Product Manager to use your products has been fixed.  It was only meant for the new Pianoverse subscriptions (log in every 72 hours) but it affected other products and has been fixed, if that's what you meant.

2 hours ago, locrian said:

Does 1.0.10 fix the issue introduced in 1.0.09 where you had to be logged in to the PM to use your products?

Yes!

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

45 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:
11 hours ago, Sistine said:

Still they did not fix the offline authorization! In the FAQ there is only the outdated explanation with the Authorization Manager for offline authorization and that does not work anymore! Bad, bad IK! 😐

IK Product Manager did not have offline authorization from the go.  However a bug that was requiring you to be logged in to IK Product Manager to use your products has been fixed.  It was only meant for the new Pianoverse subscriptions (log in every 72 hours) but it affected other products and has been fixed, if that's what you meant.

I think what he meant is literally *offline authorization*. The older stuff used to be authorized with the old Authorization Manager that had an option for a challenge/response file for anyone who needs offline authorization in his studio but any new software based on Product Manager don't utilize this feature anymore. Offline authorization is such an underrated feature nowadays.

Please bring back offline authorization 🙏🙏.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I still have the previous Product Manager, but the problem I described a few weeks ago seems to have changed for the better.

So, I am no longer showing that sound content needs to be updated.  I do have a number of buttons for Sound Content that needs to be installed (or reinstalled) instead of being updated. The good news is there is nothing that says the Sound Content has expired.   🙂   

We have made improvements to the CDN used as well as the installation process overall (including server-side updates) so it does make sense that everything shows correctly now and is smoother in general.  We've seen people who have reinstalled some very large libraries with only a few clicks and zero issues since this change and will continue to monitor and make sure the changes provide a better experience and continue to move forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We have made improvements to the CDN used as well as the installation process overall (including server-side updates) so it does make sense that everything shows correctly now and is smoother in general.  We've seen people who have reinstalled some very large libraries with only a few clicks and zero issues since this change and will continue to monitor and make sure the changes provide a better experience and continue to move forward.

Hi Peter, since the Product Manager combined everything into one place and automated the sound file installs using IK products has been really convenient. Please thank the developers for us.  

• Like 1