Yes!

craigb

6 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Probably blasphemy to many, but I think 90125 is the best Yes album all the way through. Particularly the vocals on Leave It. Vocals start shortly after the 2 minute mark.

90215 hit when I was in high school, and my buddies and I thought it was the greatest thing. It introduced us to Yes' music, and we went on to become major fans.

Love this album, have listened to it end to end maybe a million times, and hope to do so a million more before I shuffle off...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Probably blasphemy to many,

No, not for me. That is a great album. Love every song. 

But to me the best Yes album was "Tales from Topographic Oceans". Followed by "Relayer" and "Going For The One"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Probably blasphemy to many, but I think 90125 is the best Yes album all the way through. Particularly the vocals on Leave It. Vocals start shortly after the 2 minute mark.

I can do much worse - I don't get Yes at all. 

That being said, I just got Rush a few years ago, and Genesis last month, so, all hope isn't lost. 

And obviously, Owner of a Lonely Heart was such a massive hit that does bring back fond memories.  Ah, 6th grade... 

I seem to remember that it sounded quite good in terms of production. I may have to check it out again.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 11:32 PM, Rain said:

just got Rush a few years ago, and Genesis last month,

Check out "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". 

"Lilywhite Lilith" and the one about the the snakes, can't remember the name of the song, you will know it when you hear it. One of my favorite Genesis albums.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Check out "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". 

"Lilywhite Lilith" and the one about the the snakes, can't remember the name if the song, youbwill know it when you hear it. One of my favorite Genesis albums.

That's the plan.

I've been listening to Nursery Cryme the most, but I've added Fox Trot to the rotation. I'll be adding Selling England and The Lamb gradually. I feel the albums are worth taking the time.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1