NI PA Cyber Season has Arrived!

cclarry

P.A.’s level of dramatic pricing shifts (since dirk left) is starting to remind me of some of the strongarm moves made by J.C. Penny in 2012 leading to what happened in 2020. Different market, sure. But over-confidence in the product among so many other quality competitors, during what was usually their biggest sales season of the year (pre-dirk), seems like a really weird risk to take on as a business.  I guess though if you’re owned by the same people selling Kontakt you can do whatever ya want. “Haha let’s make bx_tuner $999 next year & see if anyone bites”

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 2

I have gotten some good deals from PA this year but think this sort of marketing can be funny - both definitions of the word.

"Up to 90% off" means a single plugin is 90% off and everything else is less than 90% off, right?

Yes, that seems to be the case here unless I missed one. I expected it to be the distortion pedals but the winner is crispytuner, sale price $39.99, MSRP... $399.99?! Pre-PA the developer had their MSRP at $69.99 and discounted off that.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 9:48 PM, Jason Neudorf said:

Wow, you can get crispytuner for $10.25 if you have reward tokens at pluginboutique-- that's more than 97% off!

I wonder if people have already an opinion on this one? For color (T-Paine effect?), I liked the Slate Metatune best, based on audio/video demos, but $200 and dongle requirements make it double-sure that I will never get it... that I will never get it.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 10:48 PM, Jason Neudorf said:

Wow, you can get crispytuner for $10.25 if you have reward tokens at pluginboutique-- that's more than 97% off!

Can you though? The token coupons usually don't stack with existing discounts.

I bought Scaler 2 some time ago. Sase price was $49. Used a token for 25% off and it reduced it from the $49 instead of the real $59 (that it's supposed to cost.) So at least for that the token stacked with a sale.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I bought Scaler 2 some time ago. Sase price was $49. Used a token for 25% off and it reduced it from the $49 instead of the real $59 (that it's supposed to cost.) So at least for that the token stacked with a sale.

I did the same for some Tone Empire plugin and it DIDN'T work. Even contacted support and got my token back.

I guess the only way to find out is trying it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kirean said:

That's the way it is supposed to work according to support who I contacted last week.