NeuralDSP Archetype: Plini X 🤩

cclarry

Five years ago, we embarked on a groundbreaking journey with one of the most innovative and refreshing electric guitarists of our time, Plini. His remarkable sound, a blend of progressive, fusion, and metal styles, inspired us to create a plugin that could match his versatility and artistry. 

Plini's collaboration brought out the best in us as engineers and musicians, inspiring us to create a plugin equipped with cutting-edge technology. What emerged was Archetype: Plini, a sonic masterpiece that not only met Plini's exacting standards but set a new standard in the industry.

Five years later, we’re pleased to introduce an evolution of our original masterpiece, providing artists with the modern tools they need to bring their musical visions to life, echoing the success and artistic growth that Plini has achieved over the past half-decade. It's a reflection of our commitment to enhancing the music-making experience and celebrating Plini's extraordinary contribution to the world of music.

Existing Archetype: Plini customers get a FREE update via neuraldsp.com/downloads

Get 30% off Archetype: Plini X if you do not own Archetype: Plini until October 30th.

Get 30% off Archetype: Plini X and Archetype: Rabea in the Giving 6 bundle.

https://neuraldsp.com/plugins/archetype-plini

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Good news is that old one is kept , two diff install ....so if this one is a cpu hogg as i suspect , i will roll back on the og one ...

Hey, Zo - everything I've read says this is MUCH lighter on CPU; it's been optimized for eventual use on the Quad Cortex.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Hey, Zo - everything I've read says this is MUCH lighter on CPU; it's been optimized for eventual use on the Quad Cortex.

Cool , and strange since their last releases are the opposit ...

This says it's a free upgrade for Plini owners but does anyone know how that works? I got my copy of Plini in an informal group buy that we did with @Zo on this forum a few years ago and so Plini doesn't appear in my Neural DSP account page, only in my iLok account.

But I downloaded Plini X and it seems to be working fine. I can't tell if it's just the 14 day trial or if it's picking up on my Plini code in my iLok account. I'm happy to contact support but wanted to check here first.

12 hours ago, Toffo said:

This says it's a free upgrade for Plini owners but does anyone know how that works? I got my copy of Plini in an informal group buy that we did with @Zo on this forum a few years ago and so Plini doesn't appear in my Neural DSP account page, only in my iLok account.

But I downloaded Plini X and it seems to be working fine. I can't tell if it's just the 14 day trial or if it's picking up on my Plini code in my iLok account. I'm happy to contact support but wanted to check here first.

no ya good , it' checks ilok licences .... download are availlable without even an account .... 

Man, I have a Guitar Rig Pro, Amplitube LE, Electrum, Bias FX and some others, but I really only heard NeuralDSP earlier this year and their stuff sounds fantastic to me, but I'm watching my budget. Sooner or later, I suspect I'm going to get something from them. They really seem to be different in this space, and I love what I've heard. Someone, I think in this forum, said to watch them for big Black Friday discounts. That is my plan. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

9 hours ago, Zo said:

no ya good , it' checks ilok licences .... download are availlable without even an account .... 

What I meant was more does Plini X use the Plini licence from iLok, or does it create a new licence separate from Plni and specifically for Plini X? Anyone who has both, can you comment?

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Man, I have a Guitar Rig Pro, Amplitube LE, Electrum, Bias FX and some others, but I really only heard NeuralDSP earlier this year and their stuff sounds fantastic to me, but I'm watching my budget. Sooner or later, I suspect I'm going to get something from them. They really seem to be different in this space, and I love what I've heard. Someone, I think in this forum, said to watch them for big Black Friday discounts. That is my plan.

I've got Abasi, Cory Wong, Gojira, Granophyre, Nolly, Petrucci, Plini/X and Tone King Imperial; and Plini and Petrucci are my two favourites. I play mostly progressive rock and metal. Their stuff is not cheap but it's pretty pretty good.

Edited by Toffo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Toffo said:

What I meant was more does Plini X use the Plini licence from iLok, or does it create a new licence separate from Plni and specifically for Plini X? Anyone who has both, can you comment?

Same one.  It's a separate app to so you can keep both on your machine if you'd like.  Just download the new installer and you're good to go.

Again  : one licence for all plini , so your original licence will authorise old one AND new one  

Notive that account are linked to ilok order provides nothing 

The order i made for you guy appears but just that (no my product ior some) 

Like Sonnox for exemple or softube the link with your ilok account will provide them the licence infos you own ;)

4 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I have Gojira, Cory Wong and Rabae. And I don't even play guitar. The're that good!

(well I do, I'm taking lessons but more than the Smoke on the water riff is too much to ask at this moment).

At least you own a guitar lol 

Me ? No gtr and i grabbed plini , nolly , Cory , sold abasi ( was buggy and not fixed during one year) and the bass one 

stl tones putney and benson

ik , softube , nembrini and pa bass stuff ...waves and ni witch i don t use ...

something wrong in my head .... probably ..

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

At least you own a guitar lol 

Me ? No gtr and i grabbed plini , nolly , Cory , sold abasi ( was buggy and not fixed during one year) and the bass one 

stl tones putney and benson

ik , softube , nembrini and pa bass stuff ...waves and ni witch i don t use ...

something wrong in my head .... probably ..

I even have a physical amp from Fender and a bass amp from Ampeg. I also have a bass guitar and an acoustic. I was going to get a hollowbody too because it looks cool. But I talked myself out of it, seeing that I can't even play the ones I already have with any proficiency. 😅

2 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I even have a physical amp from Fender and a bass amp from Ampeg. I also have a bass guitar and an acoustic. I was going to get a hollowbody too because it looks cool. But I talked myself out of it, seeing that I can't even play the ones I already have with any proficiency. 😅

Lol i was about to go nutts on bass stuff ... but gas went on synths lol and now i want an elektron syntakt hehe ... at least stuff i can handle lol