(Not a deal) NI Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK1 is dead

記念パピコ

This is not good news.  My NI  S61mk1 still works great.  I will not buy another NI keyboard since they have had this habit of discontinuing support  for their hardware.

I will not update KompleteKontrol and will keep it at v2.9 as long as it works with Win11pro.

I wonder if there is anyway to run two versions of kompleteKontrol by renaming the exe file?

Remember Roland's debacle???  I am still using my Roland/Edirol PCM800 that Roland discontinued when Roland stopped support for Win10.  Thankfully there was a hack that allowed it to be used with Win 10 and now with Win11.  

Between Roland and NI being unreliable for long term keyboard support this is bad for the industry.  Why purchase a keyboard from a company that will not provide support for more that a couple years?   [just venting]

C2

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Zo said:

how to get old version if someone runs the center for the first time ( new install or next owner ) ?

What happens if I accidentally upgrade to the latest version of Komplete Kontrol software?

If you accidentally upgrade beyond version 2.9, you can download the 2.9.4 installers below:

Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 (macOS)

Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 (Windows)

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/13971860838173?lid=r5ocphqjyopq

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionel said:

Yeah, Kore 1 and Kore 2 were essentially the same thing. Slight differences but amazing products!

It boggles my mind why NI got rid of them.  I remember there was an uproar amongst Kore owners when NI stopped supporting it. Owners had important Kore sound packs that they paid for… but they couldn't use them any more.  Not one of NI’s best moves.

Yeah I still have my Kore 2, it's sitting in my closet on the pile of honored dead hardware.  😢

• Sad 3

Wow. I almost bought one of those controllers a few years ago and instead bought a NEKTAR.  I've always wished I bought the NI keyboard until reading this thread.  Sorry guys. I think this situation sucks and will definitely be a very strong consideration when I buy my next controller keyboard. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Yeah I still have my Kore 2, it's sitting in my closet on the pile of honored dead hardware.  😢

That's a bummer.  Out of curiosity, what other dead hardware do you still have?

Me... I paid about 1200 dollars for a brand new M-Audio Projectmix I/O in 2006... amazing control surface.  Drivers are definitely not updated anymore.  It's a glorified doorstop now, lol 😬

43 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wow. I almost bought one of those controllers a few years ago and instead bought a NEKTAR.  I've always wished I bought the NI keyboard until reading this thread.  Sorry guys. I think this situation sucks and will definitely be a very strong consideration when I buy my next controller keyboard. 

I think you made the right decision in going with NEKTAR.  They don't have too many product offerings.  And their bread-and-butter are midi controllers.  So, I'm pretty sure they'll keep updating their drivers for years to come.

24 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Okay. So I’ll inbox that Nektar Panorama P6 first. 

Just avoid NEKTAR sustain pedals.

I've had 3 stop working on me in three years. And yeah, I know you're thinking, he's a former drummer, maybe he's beating the heck out of it like Keith Moon on a bass drum pedal. I could subconsciously doing that, but I think it's just poor quality.  I still have one working (I bought two that stopped working and the company sent me out two replacements, one of which stopped working after a year). FTR,  their customer support is awesome,  but the pedals are not, IMO. A friend recommended I buy a Yamaha sustain pedal. Anyone else have a pedal they'd recommend?

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

You'd be surprised at the non supported hardware from Yamaha. 

NI has now left the loyalty building.

Sometimes I think of getting those Arturia controllers.   They seem to be a loyal group.   How long will it be for some stuffed shirts to buy them and only look at spreadsheets.

Give Image Line some credit after buying UVI, Melda, WA, for not interfering.  BTW their CEO is a former NI employee.

Pro Tools Expert had an article about what if someone buys Pro Tools.  They had some things to say about Izotope and NI.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Anyone else have a pedal they'd recommend?

I’ve had a Roland DP-10 sustain pedal for years (in fact, I’ve got two). One great thing about it, besides from being rock solid, is that it has a rubber foldout on which you place your heel. That makes it possible to use the pedal even on slippery floors and carpets without it sliding away. Just fold the plate back when you don’t need it.

0fuIqRe.jpg

• Like 1