2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

6 minutes ago, Cwatersuk said:

Thanks for the reply Jonathan

All settings and preferences are as they were before the update and everything worked fine with zero issues, my zoom r24 works with all my other audio software without a problem on the same computer.

Cakewalk will output sound if I disconnect the r24 interface and use the hdmi to tv connection but not a good solution for mixing tracks.

Using virtual dj with the r24 works fine so the asio driver and usb cable are fine.

I just don't understand how with no changes to preferences everything is as it was pre update and cakewalk is showing that audio is playing I get no sound in fact the r24 doesn't show any fader lights, I have connected my yamaha tyros 5 to the r24 and recorded to cakewalk as an audio track and it recorded the music but no sound on playback

I really loved using cakewalk had every intention of staying with it even if I had to pay but if it is not working then will have to find something else instead

It's likely a routing issue with the driver. Ideally you want to be using a low latency ASIO driver with Cakewalk for the best performance, but your other apps and Windows utilize the WASAPI Shared driver. Depending on your driver you might need to adjust something with the routing within the driver control itself (many ASIO devices contain a separate driver mixer panel that routes your ports in the app), alternately if you use the stock Windows driver it should behave the same in Cakewalk as it does elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Thanks Jonathan 

Why has this problem started since the update I have been  using the same set up for a few years now with no problems, the asio driver is the manufacturer driver downloaded from the zoom r24 site and is upto date, as I said previously I have changed nothing except download and install update 09

• Like 2

Since yesterday I have been having the same problem as other users, crashes in the audio engine... I have followed different recommendations in the ASIO configuration and I have also reinstalled and updated the version of Cakewalk by Bandlab and none of this has solved the problem. ..

Doc1_1.jpg

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Cwatersuk said:

Thanks Jonathan 

Why has this problem started since the update I have been  using the same set up for a few years now with no problems, the asio driver is the manufacturer driver downloaded from the zoom r24 site and is upto date, as I said previously I have changed nothing except download and install update 09

Have you tried to check if it is in Interface mode? 

Close everything, open up Cakewalk and then put your R24 in interface mode and see if Cakewalk detects it. 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:53 AM, sunshine dreaming said:

After a clean re-install of Windows 10Pro (22H2) and also re-installing CakeWalk 2023.09 (062) I tested lots of plug-ins, which all work fine. 
But on the "Halls Of Fame 3 Free" plugin from "Best Service" I encountered a problem:
Generally, when adding the plug-in, it works ok. But when saving in a project and then reloading it, the sound is different (lower in volume and somehow not as expected).  Currently I have no chance to check whether this was an issue already in a previous version.

Same when restarting CakeWalk and then reloading the project.

in the video below you see the steps I did:

what I do in the video:

0:08  add a synth instrument (for test TTS-1, but with all others I tested the same result happens)
0:16  me struggeling to expand the last track height   (NOTE: this is not the reason for the problem,its more a live capture of some difficulties on expanding the last of all the tracks in  a project)
0:23  still failing
0:40  playing C4 without any effects: output ok
0:50 adding "Halls Of Fame 3 Free" IR-reverb plug-in
0:57 selecting a random preset (where the difference can be heard easily)
1:02 playing again C4: output ok
1:14 saving as test1.cwp
1:21 closing project
1:27 re-opening project
1:33 playing C4: output is completely different; and for unknown reason the video capture software (OBS) did not record anything there...

Here the project file: 
test1.zip

I use no audio interfaces;

Anything Windows Only (since its a clean Windows install)

I  removed v29.09 (062) and  re-installed v28.11 (013) and there anything works, like it should. The reverb is same also when the project is reloaded.  So I also updated to 28..11 (021) and yes, it still works..

Here the project saved again with v28.11 (021) : test1__on__2022_11_28_021.zip 

The "test1" project from my previous post also works fine in v28.11 (021).

Maybe I changed some sound hardware device settings inbetween; But all the other plug-ins worked; 

UPDATE I deactivated the speaker of my computer screen in the Windows->Sound & Hardware Settings; Now it also works on v29.09 (062)

SOLVED!! 

Edited by sunshine dreaming
  • Like 1

Not sure what's going on, but it is pretty constant and only since this new release...

CbB is having a lot of trouble opening. Mostly it takes a very long time to open showing the spinner.... Occasionally it will not escape from this attempt and I'm forced to use task manager to shut it down and re-open...

What would change this behavior? I have the vst scanner set to manual so it has nothing to do with that...

I completed a project with 168 tracks and same number of plugins with the prior version and it was rock solid. Now I'm having issues with tiny projects and with certain Asio drivers in this latest release. Nothing else changed...only Cakewalk.  Disappointed in this 'final' release...

• Confused 1

Why would you want to hide them ?

In my workspace they are never shown unless i click on the up arrow (bottom left corner) to bring them up/unhide them. When i’ve finished with them i hide the by clicking on theit down arrow.

or you can tweak them in the console view.

I may not be the the brightest spark here but am i misunderstanding something here ?

J

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Has anyone else noticed this issue - When working on a project I hide the Metronome and Preview busses but on loading the project again they re-appear as unhidden. Never had this issue before. 

If you're using a Workspace it would reset the view on reopening the project. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fabian Bono said:

Since yesterday I have been having the same problem as other users, crashes in the audio engine... I have followed different recommendations in the ASIO configuration and I have also reinstalled and updated the version of Cakewalk by Bandlab and none of this has solved the problem. ..

Doc1_1.jpg

I have not been using CW for about 2 months on my system. I have been working with a project in REAPER with another band member who has a MAC so can not use CW in this case. Came back to CW and updated it to current, also re scanned plugins etc. 

Working on a simple project with 3 guitar / Wav tracks, 5 midi tracks using arturia synths ( same project is in REAPER ) . Unusable, audio dropouts regular, sound dropping out and back, crackles regardless of what I set the buffer size too. I am using an AUDIENT EVO 4 with latest ASIO drivers installed. All this on a core i5, 16GB ram and 2TB Samsung EVO SSD.

For comparison -  Reaper is having no issues what so ever with a carbon copy of the same project ..

BTW I am getting the same drop outs and crackles even with the inbuilt crap sound card using WASAPI etc in the system with CW but not Reaper. I also notice the sound quality not great, bottom end gone, very toppy, nasty

This is all new, was not happening at all 2 months ago, rock solid when I was working with project containing 30 tracks or so

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Im gona take a long shot here with this, but it fixed a similiar problem i had after the update. 

If you have NEXT installed try removing it from your system and see if your LONG PROJECT LOADS and AUDIO DROPOUTS disappear. 

Edited by Will.

36 minutes ago, Will. said:

Im gona take a long shot here with this, but it fixed a similiar problem i had after the update. 

If you have NEXT installed try removing it from your system and see if your LONG PROJECT LOADS and AUDIO DROPOUTS disappear. 

Interesting idea. I’ve got nothing to lose as Next doesn’t work on my Windows system.

Too burnt now, but tomorrow for sure!

After tireless testing with old projects and some new ones, I am very clear that this version is much slower in operations, opening, closing, saving.

I cannot conceive that this will be the last free version and, above all, there will be no rollback to the last version.

These facts are fully reported by several forum friends in their comments.

• Like 1

I have a question and am sorry if it's been addressed already but, I updated my DAW to the lastest Cakewalk By Bandlab version. Everything went nicely and it opens and plays projects as expected.

However, baring unforseen events, I don't plan on starting it up again until mid summer 2024. What will happen activation wise? Nothing? Somthing? The old versions would want a activation refresh.

19 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

If you're using a Workspace it would reset the view on reopening the project. 

Thanks - I never use Workspaces normally but this is a re-working of an older project where I did use a Workspace.

However having set it to None, hiding the Preview & Metronome buss  , re-saving it and opening it again... they have re-appeared 

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw