2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

On 9/26/2023 at 1:09 AM, Shinjiman said:

After sign in the Cakewalk app still unable to activate the product with error code 4008

Shut down CbB, and navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

Search on *.cxa to find two files in a hidden Command Center directory and delete them.

Restart CbB, sign in again if prompted and it should refresh activation successfully.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 3:09 AM, Shinjiman said:

I've just updated CbB to version 2023.09 build 062 and prompted to sign in using a Bandlab account. After sign in the Cakewalk app still unable to activate the product with error code 4008, although it shows "Sign out from Bandlab (username)" in the Help menu after signing in. Tried to restart either CbB app and it would be the same.

@Shinjiman did you try signing out and signing in again from the Help menu? After you sign in do you get any error message or does the web page accept your sign in? 
Please turn off any AV that could block the web page communicating with Cakewalk.

1 hour ago, limpet said:

Hello, I just tried to download and install the latest update and I got the message " Cakewalk experienced a problem with activation, please contact support (4)"

Any ideas?

Keith

@limpet if you cannot sign in then activation will not work. There have been zero changes to sign in for this release.
Close your browser first and then click sign in in the help menu. If that doesn't launch a browser window then something on your system is blocking that (likely an AV setting) and you will have to resolve this issue first. 

• Like 1

Snap to  grid is  broken again after so many years of  inconsistency it seemed  to  finally be fixed about a  year ago.

it's no  coincidence that I've managed to  finish  more  tracks in the last 12 months than the 6+ years  previously.

Now let me just clarify a few things I have been using cakewalk since pro audio 9 days and as far as I'm concerned these snap issues started when it went to the X versions sonar 8.2 was the last rock solid version in regards to snap to grid.  Then since its been cakewalk again its been improved VASTLY in all regards it's a fantastic piece of software and the developers should be so proud of what they've achieved. BUT since this last update the snap issues seem to be back.

Just a simple example Piano roll set snap to 1/8 on all snap options and strength to the highest setting I should be able to just click close to the grid lines and the notes will snap on the lines . Easy quick no mess no fuss. now they are not if I zoom in they are not sitting right and if say its a kik drum it will be so easy to hear its not funny.

Just to be clear I don't have snap notes to last note touched or anything else that can explain this. It worked GREAT until this last update. All I can say is if this is it can the previous version be made available because I cant deal with it again. 

I used to be an active board member here almost 22 years ago I even got a free soundcard through these forums in 2000 an audiotrak MAYA I have never been able to gel with any other DAW and despite all the issues I have always loved cakewalk the software looks and when its working performs so much better than anything else its on a completely different level.

SO PLEASE FIX THE SNAP TO GRID 

ps first post in 15+ years 

10 minutes ago, TEN_K said:

Snap to  grid is  broken again after so many years of  inconsistency it seemed  to  finally be fixed about a  year ago.

it's no  coincidence that I've managed to  finish  more  tracks in the last 12 months than the 6+ years  previously.

Now let me just clarify a few things I have been using cakewalk since pro audio 9 days and as far as I'm concerned these snap issues started when it went to the X versions sonar 8.2 was the last rock solid version in regards to snap to grid.  Then since its been cakewalk again its been improved VASTLY in all regards it's a fantastic piece of software and the developers should be so proud of what they've achieved. BUT since this last update the snap issues seem to be back.

Just a simple example Piano roll set snap to 1/8 on all snap options and strength to the highest setting I should be able to just click close to the grid lines and the notes will snap on the lines . Easy quick no mess no fuss. now they are not if I zoom in they are not sitting right and if say its a kik drum it will be so easy to hear its not funny.

Just to be clear I don't have snap notes to last note touched or anything else that can explain this. It worked GREAT until this last update. All I can say is if this is it can the previous version be made available because I cant deal with it again. 

I used to be an active board member here almost 22 years ago I even got a free soundcard through these forums in 2000 an audiotrak MAYA I have never been able to gel with any other DAW and despite all the issues I have always loved cakewalk the software looks and when its working performs so much better than anything else its on a completely different level.

snap issue.png

3 minutes ago, TEN_K said:

snap issue.png

That's an example see the randomness of it the 3rd note is no where near snapped correctly but the previous and following notes are fine its so frustrating. The amount of time it takes to repair just a small section makes me just want to give up. all the inspiration goes out the window and its just not fun anymore. LETS GET THIS RIGHT THIS IS MUSIC AND SHOULD BE FUN RIGHT?

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@limpet if you cannot sign in then activation will not work. There have been zero changes to sign in for this release.
Close your browser first and then click sign in in the help menu. If that doesn't launch a browser window then something on your system is blocking that (likely an AV setting) and you will have to resolve this issue first. 

Thanks, it seems to be working again

1 hour ago, TEN_K said:

That's an example see the randomness of it the 3rd note is no where near snapped correctly but the previous and following notes are fine its so frustrating. The amount of time it takes to repair just a small section makes me just want to give up. all the inspiration goes out the window and its just not fun anymore. LETS GET THIS RIGHT THIS IS MUSIC AND SHOULD BE FUN RIGHT?

If you can reproduce it and record it as a short animated GIF (with for example LICECap) then I'm sure the Bakers will fix it. 👍

I've reported numerous bugs and every one with a clear repro has been fixed. 😃

11 hours ago, TEN_K said:

That's an example see the randomness of it the 3rd note is no where near snapped correctly but the previous and following notes are fine its so frustrating.

You should show the whole screen. My guess would be you have Snap to Landmarks enabled and notes are snapping to clips or notes or some other landmark in another track. I've been using Cakewalk/SONAR since 2.0a for DOS, and I know of maybe two bonafide snap bugs and one "gotcha" from when Snap By was added to the PRV snap ("By" was  initially the default). And nothing persisted for more than the original year-long release cycle at the most - certainly not up to "about a year ago".

Edited by David Baay

4 hours ago, GreenLight said:

If you can reproduce it and record it as a short animated GIF (with for example LICECap) then I'm sure the Bakers will fix it. 👍

I've reported numerous bugs and every one with a clear repro has been fixed. 😃

I doubt it will be fixed in Cakewalk by Bandlab.
It might be fixed in the all new Cakewalk Sonar.

7 hours ago, TEN_K said:

It is working perfectly fine myside. Maybe you're not doing things right. Show us your Quantize window setting. 

Edited by Will.

Did the update and activation worked as it should.

Now as soon as I try to record anything, I get error, Unable to save recording. The audio disk may be full.

image.png.fe5fdf029243b99852dc52ffbb2c1f5e.png

image.png.1c156cf68dcd14132c1add2fea9e6e7a.png

And no, the disk is far from full, and I´ve tried to change location to different disks. Never had this problem before this update. It appears at different incoherent timestamps. Sometimes after 15 sec, somtimes after several minutes.

Have increased the buffer size to max - no change.

16 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This may happen if the system does not have a default web browser, i.e. if no web browser is selected as the default.

This happened to me. After setting up the web browser, activation was successful.

• Like 1

A new occurrence - I can't say if it happened in previous versions, cause it's the first time I've used it - is that the Hornet SW34EQ plugin gets completely scrambled every time I open a project that includes it.

All the gain knobs jump to max, the input-output link button gets engaged, the input and output settings are reset to 0, the hiss level is reset to default, and the plugin is turned off from the frame - even if it appears active in FX bin.

This is very similar to things happening in the past - Softube Tape and Embertone Sensual Saxophone fully resetting on Stop/Play commands, or Waves REQ6 and H-EQ bands jumping to max value, on pressing the same.

Additionally, the double arrows that open the Synth Rack/Browser/Help windows are missing - that's something I've reported a long time ago, not fixed, the toast notifications still don't go away by themselves, and the order of these three windows still gets reset, on some projects. The Arranger track always missing on open, even though it's saved with it on, so on so forth. That's just a small part of the minor stuff.

Another thing that I've noted recently is that now plugins crash when i turn on/off other plugins up the chain - for instance Waves dbx crashes when I turn on/off the PA Helios Bus, in the bin, five plugins upchain, or PSP Delay crashes when I turn on/off the Reason Rack . Many times turning on/off makes pop sounds, some times the ML Drums channels start making this huge whistling/hiss noise that covers everything - not good when you're wearing headphones, I can tell you that - and a bunch of plugins keep crashing the DAW - if I remove one, another one crashes - I've gotten to 6 separate plugins crashing the DAW, on one project, at different times. Other times, CW just crashed by itself - CW core. The code is c0000005 or c0000005d. I've got all the VC redists installed.

Virtual instrument outputs stops or it gets desynced every time I reposition the playhead in the time line or change the loop selection. That's some of the not so minor stuff. Not the worst.

The more serious problems are wave clips that I find moved in the timeline - the contents of the clip gets repositioned when I trim the clip edges, other times various slices appear in various positions in the lane, hidden underneath other clips, so on. There's dozens of types of problems, in this department. This is the serious stuff.

These are all old, and have never been fixed.

image.thumb.png.1944d2917d449e4b89a4392a10332bff.png

image.thumb.png.700d47c8230c306fcbfc3d35dca2ada9.png

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

A new occurrence - I can't say if it happened in previous versions, cause it's the first time I've used it - is that the Hornet SW34EQ plugin gets completely scrambled every time I open a project that includes it.

All the gain knobs jump to max, the input-output link button gets engaged, the input and output settings are reset to 0, the hiss level is reset to default, and the plugin is turned off from the frame - even if it appears active in FX bin.

This is very similar to things happening in the past - Softube Tape and Embertone Sensual Saxophone fully resetting on Stop/Play commands, or Waves REQ6 and H-EQ bands jumping to max value, on pressing the same.

Additionally, the double arrows that open the Synth Rack/Browser/Help windows are missing - that's something I've reported a long time ago, not fixed, the toast notifications still don't go away by themselves, and the order of these three windows still gets reset, on some projects. The Arranger track always missing on open, even though it's saved with it on, so on so forth. That's just a small part of the minor stuff.

Another thing that I've noted recently is that now plugins crash when i turn on/off other plugins up the chain - for instance Waves dbx crashes when I turn on/off the PA Helios Bus, in the bin, five plugins upchain, or PSP Delay crashes when I turn on/off the Reason Rack . Many times turning on/off makes pop sounds, some times the ML Drums channels start making this huge whistling/hiss noise that covers everything - not good when you're wearing headphones, I can tell you that - and a bunch of plugins keep crashing the DAW - if I remove one, another one crashes - I've gotten to 6 separate plugins crashing the DAW, on one project, at different times. Other times, CW just crashed by itself - CW core. The code is c0000005 or c0000005d. I've got all the VC redists installed.

Virtual instrument outputs stops or it gets desynced every time I reposition the playhead in the time line or change the loop selection. That's some of the not so minor stuff. Not the worst.

The more serious problems are wave clips that I find moved in the timeline - the contents of the clip gets repositioned when I trim the clip edges, other times various slices appear in various positions in the lane, hidden underneath other clips, so on. There's dozens of types of problems, in this department. This is the serious stuff.

These are all old, and have never been fixed.

image.thumb.png.1944d2917d449e4b89a4392a10332bff.png

image.thumb.png.700d47c8230c306fcbfc3d35dca2ada9.png

I only have Emberton Sensuous Sax. Its always done as per your description. Ie lose the settings. Of all my plugs its the only one that does that.

i’m tending towards the fact that its a (good albeit) shoddy piece of a vst.

J

J

I already started a support ticket for this issue, but I would like to post it here as well to see if anyone else is experiencing this. 

I recently updated to the latest build of CbB with no issues EXCEPT for this: Whenever I try to use the TH3 guitar amp plugin, which I use quite a lot, btw, it crashes the program. This happens in a new session, or if I try to open the plugin in an existing session. 

As you can see in the image, even though I have a preset loaded, none of the components show on the preset screen.

I have the previous version of Cakewalk installed on another machine, and the plugin works fine. I am hoping someone may have a solution.

th3.thumb.png.7bbe48100bcf30c82429206f315b8b53.png

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Gary Weisberg said:

As you can see in the image, even though I have a preset loaded, none of the components show on the preset screen.

I don't usually use this but just threw it on a track, loaded a random preset, and it's working fine here in the latest release. I suggest you reinstall it from whatever legacy version of Sonar you have that bundled it (assuming it's not part of the free CbB).

33 minutes ago, Gary Weisberg said:

I already started a support ticket for this issue, but I would like to post it here as well to see if anyone else is experiencing this. 

I recently updated to the latest build of CbB with no issues EXCEPT for this: Whenever I try to use the TH3 guitar amp plugin, which I use quite a lot, btw, it crashes the program. This happens in a new session, or if I try to open the plugin in an existing session. 

I have the previous version of Cakewalk installed on another machine, and the plugin works fine. I am hoping someone may have a solution.

th3.thumb.png.7bbe48100bcf30c82429206f315b8b53.png

We haven't seen this issue on our end, but if you're experiencing a crash, please send us a dump file and we'll investigate. Thanks!