East West String Machine

cclarry

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

This any better that the GForce String Machine?

Different. Gforce is more geared towards recreating classic string machine sounds where EW have taken a different road and its quite successful,

There is not the same range of raw material as GForce and there is no filter section but with four layers some very diverse sounds can be set up.  EW is less tweakable but It sounds good straight out of the box.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Different. Gforce is more geared towards recreating classic string machine sounds where EW have taken a different road and its quite successful,

There is not the same range of raw material as GForce and there is no filter section but with four layers some very diverse sounds can be set up.  EW is less tweakable but It sounds good straight out of the box.

I do think it lacks variety imho versus vsm , also i m pretty sure gforce is preparing a vsm new version ala mtron pro ..., browsing will be enhanced witch was imho the weakness of vsm ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

How to authorize this software?

An iLok account is required for a machine-based (electronic) license to be placed on your computer. You may also place the license on an optional iLok 2 or 3 key. The iLok 1 key is not longer supported. An internet connection is required for several things:

• The first time download of the EW Installation Center and Opus software

• The first time activation of perpetual licenses

• The renewed activation of subscription licenses (ComposerCloud)

• The download of EastWest Libraries (see below for other options) Once everything is setup, you will only need a connection once per month so that the license remains active. If you’re not active and the sync doesn’t happen automatically, you will need to deactivate, then reactivate the license using the iLok License Manager.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

I hate that. What if someday for some reason the online activation doesn't work anymore? Company doesn't exist anymore, for example.

Nah, that’s just how subscriptions work. You don’t need to do that if you bought the instrument. 

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm a mod wheel issue for me?  Moving the modwheel with a mouse clearly moves the wheel (at least in the GUI), but does nothing to the sound.  Moving on the mod wheel on my midi controller moves both the wheel and modifies the sound.

Bizarrre.

4 hours ago, husker said:

Can anyone confirm a mod wheel issue for me?  Moving the modwheel with a mouse clearly moves the wheel (at least in the GUI), but does nothing to the sound.  Moving on the mod wheel on my midi controller moves both the wheel and modifies the sound.

Bizarrre.

I'm having an intermittent sustain pedal issue. Haven't got it sorted yet. I'm new to the Opus engine. I can easily hold down for sustains, but can't cutt the sustain off with a release of the pedal. In Studio One

Edited by PhonoBrainer