iZotope Music Production Suite 6 is here - update from V5 for $41.16

ralfrobert

11 minutes ago, jngnz said:

My Guitar Rig 7 Pro was deleted without any message so now I registered it and will absolutely definitely never use it 🤷‍♂️

Did you buy MPS in August? They might be revoking licences as it seems the upgrade was grace-period pricing.

I've been playing around with Guitar Rig 7 for the past couple of hours. Didn't expect anything from it, next to everything else I own and use, yet I came off pleasantly surprised. It's quite inspiring for cleanish ambiental stuff, with some very good effects, flexible modulation options, and a nice (and large) set of presets to get you tweaking. I counted it as zero added value as I went for the MPS6 upgrade, so it's quite a nice bonus. I never bothered with Guitar Rig 6, so I have no idea if this is a significant step-up?  

Grem - if you haven't succeeded already, I couldn't install GR7 using Native Access, I had to install Native Access 2 (had no idea it existed, figured it would auto-update to whatever the current version is). 

Edited by fitzroy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, trager said:

JRR has now renamed the item to “IZOTOPE MUSIC PRODUCTION SUITE 6 UPGRADE FROM AUGUST MPS 5”. Went back and checked my screenshots and it definitely wasn’t called that earlier.

I mailed support asking if anything is likely to happen if the base product is older than August and registration took place in the morning. Will post the answer here. 

As I said, an error fare. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I got it as well. The install process is kind of mess though. The NI effects are incomplete (the Mod Pack and Crush Pack are missing); Guitar Rig 7 shows in my NI account but not in Native Access... 🙄

I got Guitar Rig Pro 7, but didn't get Crush Pack and Mod Pack either -_-

• Like 1

Does anyone know what we're supposed to enter in iLok to register MPS 6?

I succesfully installed it in IPP, but when I open Ozone plugins in Cubase I'm toldthey're not activated.

I tried doing via iZotop's website (in My Account), but that didn't work.

So much damn hoop-jumping!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, locrian said:

Does anyone know what we're supposed to enter in iLok to register MPS 6?

I succesfully installed it in IPP, but when I open Ozone plugins in Cubase I'm toldthey're not activated.

I tried doing via iZotop's website (in My Account), but that didn't work.

So much damn hoop-jumping!

Do you need iLok? If not, check in IPP if the plugins are authorised to your machine. ILok activation can also be done from IPP, but it is not a must if you don't want to. 

See here:

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/6658199993361-How-to-authorize-iZotope-software

Edited by ralfrobert
  • Like 1

Just now, ralfrobert said:

I mailed support asking if anything is likely to happen if the base product is older than August and registration took place in the morning. Will post the answer here. 

As I said, an error fare. 

Yeah, they'll sell us some hardware instead, discounted at 67%. Come on, that would be ridiculous. Maybe NI are just getting to grips with Izotope's licensing. I'd congratulate them for a good job if this upgrade really required any base product owned at all, as opposed to earlier times. 

Just now, fitzroy said:

Yeah, they'll sell us some hardware instead, discounted at 67%. Come on, that would be ridiculous. Maybe NI are just getting to grips with Izotope's licensing. I'd congratulate them for a good job if this upgrade really required any base product owned at all, as opposed to earlier times. 

You are right. I have an IT background and know how complicated such mergers are, plus legacy, plus accidents, plus stupid people, etc. 

I like the update, really do. So they have a happy customer now. Nothing will happen. But I am a polite guy after all. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralfrobert said:

Do you need iLok? 

Yes because I move it between my desktop and laptop.  It works great.

What's really strange is that IPP reports Ozone as being activated to my iLok, but the iLok software does not list it at all.  Probably a server issue.

Edited by locrian

7 minutes ago, pollux said:

I got Guitar Rig Pro 7, but didn't get Crush Pack and Mod Pack either -_-

Maybe only people born in August get those. Seriously though, I guess they'll figure it out. Native Access doesn't seem to mind repeat registering of the same serial code, so I'll try to refresh NA and/or readd the serial code for a couple of days, before I start whining to them. But if someone (not born in August) gets them to work it would be nice to know how. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Right. And nothing will happen. Likely. 

Or they'll face a Wavesesque debacle of their own.

Too many (savvy) folks have already bought it, installed it, and in my case, deleted older versions.  I'm not going back!  Just try and make me.

Edited by locrian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, locrian said:

Or they'll face a Wavesesque debacle of their own.

Too many (savvy) folks already bought it, installed it, and in my case, deleted older versions.  I'm not going back!  Just try and make me.

If I remember correctly, similar events occurred in the past. I've never heard a license has been revoked. 

Everything Bundle for 200 or so, even on their own site. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

No Guitar Rig 7 pro in my NA. Not immediately anyway. Will check again tomorrow.

The new Nectar seems really impressive though.

Are you using the old version of NA (ver 1)?  If so, that might be why you don't see it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

I've been playing around with Guitar Rig 7 for the past couple of hours. Didn't expect anything from it, next to everything else I own and use, yet I came off pleasantly surprised. It's quite inspiring for cleanish ambiental stuff, with some very good effects, flexible modulation options, and a nice (and large) set of presets to get you tweaking. I counted it as zero added value as I went for the MPS6 upgrade, so it's quite a nice bonus. I never bothered with Guitar Rig 6, so I have no idea if this is a significant step-up?  

Grem - if you haven't succeeded already, I couldn't install GR7 using Native Access, I had to install Native Access 2 (had no idea it existed, figured it would auto-update to whatever the current version is). 

The only issue with Native Access to 2 is in order to install older products, you'll have to reinstall the older Native Access to do so.

Edited by El Diablo
Wording