question regarding the new update coming up

greg54

1 hour ago, JohnnyV said:

But it also doesn't have Air bags or ABS brakes and the zillions of other safety features modern cars have that have saved millions of lives since their inception. And it also is very inefficient and pollutes like crazy. Technology like it or not has a lot more good to it than bad. Even Cell phones have saved thousands of lives.

Believe me a lot of this is just promotion of the technology companies! I am sure that thousands have died because a) they drove some crazy, cos they thought the technology makes them immortal or b) they are using the cell phone during driving. I see this each day I drive here! Also there is a lot of technology that fails (not only software)! I was several times on a driving course and we could see that a) the ABS in several cars did not properly work (one owned by a former car mechanic!), b) some people were doing things that prevented the ABS to work (e.g. hard steering to one side during the brake operation)!

But YMMV and I don't want to stop you from your believe in technology! 😉

• Meh 1

7 hours ago, MarcL said:

Believe me a lot of this is just promotion of the technology companies! I am sure that thousands have died because a) they drove some crazy, cos they thought the technology makes them immortal or b) they are using the cell phone during driving. I see this each day I drive here! Also there is a lot of technology that fails (not only software)! I was several times on a driving course and we could see that a) the ABS in several cars did not properly work (one owned by a former car mechanic!), b) some people were doing things that prevented the ABS to work (e.g. hard steering to one side during the brake operation)!

But YMMV and I don't want to stop you from your believe in technology! 😉

So let me get this straight: we don't want to use technology because a) there are some idiots out there who don't know how to service it properly and b) there are idiots out there who push it beyond its design limitations.

That sure makes a lot of sense.

ABS is supposed to be there for an additional measure of safety on top of driving sensibly. Not so assholes can go driving around recklessly and with a careless disregard for their own safety and that of others.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

5 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

even more weird - without technology, recorded music isn't possible 🙂 even using the old wax cylinders on spring or hand driven gear drives is technology 😉 

It is a difference to think about technology and use it in a rational way, than to follow the companies' promotions like sheeps!

I never said that one should not use technology, but with carefulness! Often it's not the almighty thing that it is praised for!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

So let me get this straight: we don't want to use technology because a) there are some idiots out there who don't know how to service it properly and b) there are idiots out there who push it beyond its design limitations.

That sure makes a lot of sense.

ABS is supposed to be there for an additional measure of safety on top of driving sensibly. Not so assholes can go driving around recklessly and with a careless disregard for their own safety and that of others.

Totally agree with this. Why on earth he disagrees is beyond me

18 hours ago, JohnnyV said:

I personally could care less how they choose to authorize it. I use to be a die hard Off Liner but as Noel just pointed out that's pointless. If you don't like a companies anti piracy policy shop elsewhere, and good luck.  

Probably in the minority here, but I find programs like Native Access, Waves Central, and IK's Authorization Manager an improvement over physical media and weird key codes. They keep track of my authorizations, let me know about updates, and Waves Central has useful utilities for cleaning up or repairing installs. I also appreciate that the way these manager programs are set up, getting everything back up after a hard drive crash or upgrading to a new computer is simple. Some of the download sizes are brutal, but with something like Komplete, that's better than looking for various CDs, DVDs, and authorization codes accumulated over the years. 

The technology giveth, and the technology taketh away :)

Edited by Craig Anderton
  • Like 8

On 9/14/2023 at 10:32 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I'm sure it will still have Drum Replacer, VocalSync, Plug-In Load Balancing, and the Pow-r dithering options, but what about bundled plug-ins?

I'm assuming that, minimum, all the bundled plugins from past years that may or may not be locked to SONAR or CbB will work with New Sonar. I have a lot of 'em, and I use them regularly.

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Kevin Lawrence said:

So! Any updates from the company? I'm trying to figure out what my next move is.

Need some informative noise.  You know, the updates you had us sign up for......😁

There are newer threads where people have asked similar questions. There have even been some clarifications since September 2023.  If I had more time, I'd look a few up and post some links of other people asking similar questions and posts with additional information.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

I wonder when I’ll  get an update to plasma by cakewalk, the early looper program.  From the beginning of the century.  Got it free in one of those English music rags with a cd and then upgraded it so I could do more than 4 or 8 tracks.  It would do acidified files before Sonar did, or at least home studio (my next upgrade!).

if cakewalk isn’t going to update P5 maybe they could make my old copy of Plasma work today.  What did I do with that CD?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kevin Lawrence said:

So! Any updates from the company? I'm trying to figure out what my next move is.

A few suggestions: lean back in your chair, keep making music, enjoy CbB, have a beer (or two), walk the dog if you’ve got one, come back, put on your slippers and make some more music. It’s totally free of charge.

Rest assured that information will come the day Sonar is ready.