[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

13 hours ago, Chris Deveroux said:

One interesting thing of note; The custom preset I had saved in the original, and now missing instance of bx_cleansweep V2 is gone.  But Cakewalk does still reference it within the drop down menu for the place holder.

This happens to me often with different plugins and in earlier versions of Cake.

On 8/31/2023 at 4:31 PM, Keni said:

Just ran the update... Took some time to activate but it appears now all is well.

Might as well jump in the water as the boat is dissolving anyway, yes?

Well... No immediate upsets, that's a good start. I opened a few projects and began some tinkering. All appears "normal"

I didn't notice any of the fixes to be things particularly pertinent to me or my work model, but I will report any anomolies I find as I progress..

Thanks Bakers!

TRUE

I just created a project and put couple of tracks, as well as only one plugin that is SoundID which is in the last bus that goes to the master... and the project opens up for ages...

When I deleted the plugin, the project opened up in no time. ANyone with the newest version of SoundID has the same problem?

Edited by Michal Mikulski
Forgot to add

19 hours ago, Michal Mikulski said:

I tried it, I wrote ExceptionHandlingSeverity and value to 7 yet I still wait for it to load past Preparing project... a long time.

Thank you though for your efforts! I appreciate it. 

7 is the value I use. There are other values contained in the documentation that, perhaps, can help you identify.

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=INI_Files.4.html

Edited by Milton Sica

19 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

I made this alert as soon as the original post was released and there was no such detail that was only included after my post.
It would be important that the comments made about the first EA were removed to avoid this type of approach or even the insertion of a mark by the development team so that the problem alert brought by the user could be viewed by those who enter.
This way we would avoid citations and approaches about something that has already passed or been corrected.
Something like my comment about the truncated help URL that was corrected by EA 62.

Note that setting the Exception Handling Severity to 7 will catch plugin exceptions even if they're benign in nature. This defaults to a value of 1, and generally you would only need to set it to 7 if you're trying to troubleshoot something. Otherwise it will cause dumps to be triggered for things that might not necessarily cause problems in the app. 

• Like 7

Just found a bug on the latest early release relating to duplicate track function.

If I duplicate a track which has a send routed to a mono output, then the duplicated track's send is routed to the stereo pair not to the mono send.

So e.g. if I have an audio output pair with the friendly names;

DAW1 : L

DAW2 : R

So the stereo output would show as DAW1 + DAW2 : S

Let's say that track 1 has a send with destination DAW1 : L

When I duplicate track 1 (to track 2), then track 2's send is to DAW1 + DAW2 : S

I don't remember this error in previous releases.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, norfolkmastering said:

Just found a bug on the latest early release relating to duplicate track function.

If I duplicate a track which has a send routed to a mono output, then the duplicated track's send is routed to the stereo pair not to the mono send.

When I duplicate track 1 (to track 2), then track 2's send is to DAW1 + DAW2 : S

This is not a new bug - it happens in 2022.11 as well.  I'll get it logged.

• Thanks 5

6 hours ago, norfolkmastering said:

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This is not a new bug - it happens in 2022.11 as well.  I'll get it logged.

Thanks Mark.  Would you mind please checking if it is related to a possible issue with the API which seems to be reporting only the stereo port friendly name when a track send is routed to a mono port.  Many thanks.

57 minutes ago, norfolkmastering said:

Thanks Mark.  Would you mind please checking if it is related to a possible issue with the API which seems to be reporting only the stereo port friendly name when a track send is routed to a mono port.  Many thanks.

They're totally unrelated.

1 hour ago, Hugh Blaney said:

Plugins seem sluggish when repositioning them on-screen. I have read other posts describing the same behaviour.

Ozone 9 not as responsive as it was before.

Not seeing any kind of sluggishness here. The only responsiveness issue I see in Ozone (11) is that tool tips are extremely slow to pop up, but it's the same in Platinum 17.10 which is my quick reference for performance and behavior of long-standing functionality.

EDIT:  I would recommend to re-launch and/or reboot and, if the issue persists, try in a new project - preferably started from an included template.

Edited by David Baay
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

Cake and Platinum are very different in features and performance. I doubt that comparing them can give a real picture.

Its the same DAW. CbB just being the more improved version. So what you are actually saying here too, is - Ozone 9 and Ozone 11 are two different Vsts? 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]