[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

Previously saved instances of Plugin Alliance bx_cleansweep V2 and bx_solo come up missing in projects.

Have reinstalled both plug-ins and re-scanned correctly. No issue with inserting new instance to replace the missing instances, however presets come up as invalid. 

No issues running them in wavelab or loading presets. 

Both plugin instances were saved and  worked in version 28.11.0.021

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chris Deveroux said:

Previously saved instances of Plugin Alliance bx_cleansweep V2 and bx_solo come up missing in projects.

Have reinstalled both plug-ins and re-scanned correctly. No issue with inserting new instance to replace the missing instances, however presets come up as invalid. 

No issues running them in wavelab or loading presets. 

Both plugin instances were saved and  worked in version 28.11.0.021

@Chris DeverouxWhat happens if in the same project with the missing instances you add the plugin to a new track, save and reload the project? If you still see missing instances send the project file and I can look at it. 
There were no changes to VST loading in this release so its very likely that this is a case of vst versioning or a scanning issue. 

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Chris DeverouxWhat happens if in the same project with the missing instances you add the plugin to a new track, save and reload the project? If you still see missing instances send the project file and I can look at it. 
There were no changes to VST loading in this release so its very likely that this is a case of vst versioning or a scanning issue. 

Thanks for the reply.

No problem adding the same VST into either a new, or the existing track, and recalling it. Presets come up as invalid regardless of the instance.

Not sure what else could have changed. This was an existing project with no changes, except installing the early release update.

Strange thing is both plugins were available from the drop down menu and showed scanned correctly within the plug-in manager despite being "missing"

I'm constantly testing the version, as I'm reevaluating some projects. Below are some observations I've made so far when approaching these old projects, generated in different versions of the application, so I can't confirm that they would be happening in new projects. I advance my evaluations to the developers' evaluations.

1) (SOLVED)  - I HAVE TESTED WITH VARIOUS BUFFERS SIZES AS ADVISED IN THE DOCUMENTATION AND THE OCCURRENCES, ALTHOUGH THEY CONTINUE, ARE NOW IN SMALLER QUANTITIES.

PLUGINS - PROCESSING - CRASH - I started using Ozone 10 for mastering. Until then I used Ozone 9 Elements. This accomplished his assistant quite quickly. Ozone 10 is slower, in addition to presenting several clicks in its process, when it does not present audio abandonment due to code (19). SCENARIO: Project

image.png.1856e080db39faae1e2f6abe3af70c84.png

I used the value 3. I recently changed it to 1 and will do more tests.

2) APPLY EFFECTS - NORMALIZE - MULTIPLE TRACKS - Occurrences no longer happen.

Edited by Milton Sica
I WAS ABLE TO FIND A SOLUTION TO ONE OF THE PROBLEMS REPORTED

2 minutes ago, Chris Deveroux said:

Thanks for the reply.

No problem adding the same VST into either a new, or the existing track, and recalling it. Presets come up as invalid regardless of the instance.

Not sure what else could have changed. This was an existing project with no changes, except installing the early release update.

Strange thing is both plugins were available from the drop down menu and showed scanned correctly within the plug-in manager despite being "missing"

You can't go by the name. There is a plugin ID stored in the project file. If that doesnt match then the plugin wont load. Use of 32 bit plugins could also lead to issues like this occasionally.

I'm not sure what you mean by presets coming up as invalid. Plugin presets are not stored in the project file.

Please PM me a link to a stripped down project file that has at lease two tracks one which has the plugin version that loads and one which fails to load. I should be able to tell you why it fails based on that.

• Thanks 1

1) APPLY EFFECTS - NORMALIZE - MULTIPLE TRACKS - NEW OCCURRENCE - OLD PROJECT.
I selected multiple tracks to normalize to -3 Db.

Tracks 14,15, 16 before Normalization command

Tracks 14,15, 16 after Normalization command

Note: Note that the content of track 15 has been replaced by the content of track 16

image.thumb.png.f5a2adaa7f8c516547e8bbba9833f1d0.png

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Michal Mikulski said:

When opening a project, I'm stuck on this step for a very long time. I wonder if it has anything to do with melodyne? When I opened a project without melodyne it opened quickly. Weird... Might be something else though it's just a hunch.

Regards

Stuck on opening project - preparing project... for many minutes.png

Have you tried using the plugin loading approach variables to check if there is a problem with this operation ?

This only happened to me on the first load of a project the first time I ran that version.

Afterwards, the projects were loaded again in the same acceptable time.

Edited by Milton Sica

9 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

You can't go by the name. There is a plugin ID stored in the project file. If that doesnt match then the plugin wont load. Use of 32 bit plugins could also lead to issues like this occasionally.

I'm not sure what you mean by presets coming up as invalid. Plugin presets are not stored in the project file.

Please PM me a link to a stripped down project file that has at lease two tracks one which has the plugin version that loads and one which fails to load. I should be able to tell you why it fails based on that.

Thanks Noel. 

I appreciate your offer to look into it. Unfortunately, I've already reinstalled and updated both plugins after they failed to load so I'm not sure how beneficial that would be?

Both plugins are 64 bit and hadn't been changed or updated prior to the problem presenting itself. 

With regard to presets - I can load the same 2 plugins and their associated preset files outside of Cakewalk without issue. However, within Cakewalk when trying to load a preset I get an error message saying the file is invalid. 

1 hour ago, Chris Deveroux said:

Thanks Noel. 

I appreciate your offer to look into it. Unfortunately, I've already reinstalled and updated both plugins after they failed to load so I'm not sure how beneficial that would be?

Both plugins are 64 bit and hadn't been changed or updated prior to the problem presenting itself. 

With regard to presets - I can load the same 2 plugins and their associated preset files outside of Cakewalk without issue. However, within Cakewalk when trying to load a preset I get an error message saying the file is invalid. 

I had to re-register some of (not all) Plugin Alliances plugins (VST3). No need to uninstall/reinstall or safe-load projects!

8 minutes ago, Prog Nut said:

I had to re-register some of (not all) Plugin Alliances plugins (VST3). No need to uninstall/reinstall or safe-load projects!

Am I correct in assuming you mean within the Cakewalk plug-in manager? If so, that was the first thing I tried.

If not, could you explain what you mean by re-register. 

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Noel, can you explain what you mean by that?  If I load an existing project, CbB knows what preset I used for each plugin and properly loads those presets.  And if I have modified them in some way without saving over the existing preset or saving as a new preset but then saved the project, I'm pretty sure those modifications get loaded with the project too. So I'm sure I'm just not understanding what you're saying.  Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Steve Moddelmog said:

Noel, can you explain what you mean by that?  If I load an existing project, CbB knows what preset I used for each plugin and properly loads those presets.  And if I have modified them in some way without saving over the existing preset or saving as a new preset but then saved the project, I'm pretty sure those modifications get loaded with the project too. So I'm sure I'm just not understanding what you're saying.  Thanks.

PLUGINS PRESETs are not stored by the project, but by the plugin itself.
So, when you open the project that contains the PLUGIN, it is its operation that retrieves the last PRESET used and not Cakewalk.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

So, when you open the project that contains the PLUGIN, it is its operation that retrieves the last PRESET used and not Cakewalk.

It would appear there is some type of preset associations stored within Cakewalk projects.

Logically speaking, if presets were tied solely to the Plugin, then Cakewalk should not throw an invalid file when attempting to load an associated preset (provided it's the correct extension type)  

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

If that were so, opening a project on another machine would cause an issue.

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]