Jump to content

Steve Moddelmog

Members
  • Content Count

    57
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. AAS updated some of their VSTs recently, so I thought I would take a look and see if the updates resolved this problem, which I still have unless I use the workaround suggested above by Teknot. The update didn't fix the problem. But then I tried this: I opened Sonar Platinum, which I still have on my computer, and tried inserting the VST3s of both Ultra-analog VA3 and Chromaphone II into a new project (NOT using the track template workaround). Guess what? SPLAT was able to use both VST3s with no problem. The issue only exists in CBB. What, if anything, does this suggest?
  2. That would be a great feature, and surely it couldn't be difficult to add.
  3. Do you mean like a flat horizontal automation line?
  4. Thanks - that did it. I'm surprised that selecting 41-59 across all tracks and doing Delete Special with all boxes checked didn't do the same thing, and I still wonder what happened. The last time I exported the project everything was fine, and honestly when I opened it this morning I didn't think I'd made any changes since that export.
  5. Sorry, I know I've seen this type of issue posted several times, but I can't seem to come up with the right search terms for it. I have a project that currently ends at measure 41 (1:27). There are no events in Event List past 40:04:720. Nevertheless, if I go to the "end" of the project, I am taken to measure 59 (2:06), and if I export it, I have 18 measures (39 seconds) of silence. I have tried selecting everything from measures 41 to 59 and doing a "Delete Special" will all boxes checked. There is no automation, either on individual tracks or on the master. There is only one audio track (which starts at the beginning of the first measure), and it is 1:27 in length according to File Explorer and is 1:27 if I play it in Windows Media Player. There are 8 other tracks - 4 soft synths and their associated 4 MIDI tracks. There are no MIDI notes long enough in duration to take them past 1:27 . Any thoughts on how to get rid of the 18 empty measures?
  6. Apparently it ran afoul of Windows Defender's ransomware protection by trying to access a "controlled folder." I was able to install it by allowing access and then running the installer again.
  7. The white rectangle is Bandlab Assistant. Did the recent update work for everyone else?
  8. Used your trick and then created a track template from the Chromaphone 3 VST3 track. So now instead of doing Insert/Soft Synth/Chromaphone 2 VST3, I do Insert/Track Template/Chromaphone 2 VST3 (the name I gave my track template). No extra steps and it works fine.
  9. I have the same problem. Didn't have it at first, so I'm not sure if it was a Windows update or a Cakewalk update that broke it. I also have the same problem (and history) with AAS Ultra-Analog. I was able to go back to a project that worked with the VST3 when I first got it and create a Track Template, which I can now use as my way to insert Ultra-Analog VST3 into new projects. I think I've got a project with a working Chromaphone VST3 and may try the same approach. Or I'll try your VST2 / VST3 trick and then try to create a track template from that.
  10. A few years ago for my birthday my wife gave me the Apogee ProTools Duet, which was the first Apogee that ran on Windows (I think). It was bundled with a full version of ProTools, which I fooled around with for a few weeks and then uninstalled. The Windows drivers weren't very good for the Duet and caused a lot of BSODs - one that was released to "fix" the issue seemed to make it even worse. So I stuck it in a closet and started using a 2nd Gen Focusrite 2i4. I noticed recently that there were new drivers for the Duet, so I installed and after working out a few problems, it seems good. Maybe I've fallen prey to their marketing and general online hype, but it sounds noticeably better to me than the Focusrite. But it is a pain to use - no direct monitoring, no standard MIDI in and out (USB MIDI only), and if you record at anything other than 44.1, you have to reset the sample rate to 44.1 if you just want to listen to MP3s and wav files on WMP or other Windows software. So, if you had both devices, which would you use with CbB?
  11. Worked like a charm! Still wish they'd fix it, but it's a perfect solution. Thanks!
  12. Ok, good idea. That would be better since it would let me insert in an already-started project. I'll try it and report back.
  13. OK, just tried it and it worked. Of course I would need to know at the start that I wanted to use the VA-3 VST3 in the project. Still puzzles me that older projects, and now new ones based on this template, don't have the issue.
  14. Interesting idea. I'll give it a try and report back.
  15. I updated my NVidia drivers but the problem persists. I seem to be ok with Chromaphone 2 now, so it's not a "crash," per se -- If I'm willing to wait long enough (several minutes) and use of 36GB of memory, I can use the VA-3 VST3. I have been distracted the past several days looking after my new granddaughter so the parents could have a long weekend getaway, but I will try to get support from AAS today or tomorrow. A new version of the AAS plugins was made available since the issue started for me (from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 for VA-3), but it did not fix the problem. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that the problem surfaced shortly after the Windows update that "fixed" the Windows search issue. I have read that people have had issues with all sorts of things, including sound devices, as a result of that update. If I were really energetic, I would uninstall the update and see if it made a difference. Since I can use the VST2, there seems to be not much reason to go to that trouble for what may be a dead end.
×
×
  • Create New...