[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

13 hours ago, Jim Stamper said:

If I understand this issue correctly .... I thought it has existed by design for many years, not only in Cakewalk but most other DAWS, and is strictly the result of how you set your Pan Laws. Is there something else going on outside of the Pan Law settings?

I agree to your finding. But if you choose export option "Clips" and the clips are just mono, then I think it is odd when the clip gain changes! In this case the pan law or interleave of the track should not affect the export IMHO. If you want that the track affects the export then you can select "Tracks" as export option and just select the time/track matching the clip!

Hi everyone,

Long time, no post.

Installed the new release, first action was a crash on open - not finding Softube Tape activation, for some reason the activation gets reset randomly, usually after a few hours, sometimes after minutes, no connection to CW - for which reason CW reported a crash with Waves dbx - code c0000005, which seems to be related to VC++, even though everything is installed and up to date. Reinstalled iLok, loaded up fine, Tape working, except the settings of all its instances in the project were reset to default, as if they were never set up at all.

All Waves plugins get scanned at each start, otherwise the project loads without them, so, if it crashes 10 times a night, which is not at all uncommon, 10 times I need to wait about 2 minutes for the scan to complete. The toast notification for the scan never goes away after the scan is complete.

In all of these respects, seems that nothing has changed.

I haven't participated in the discussion about the new planned releases for CW, but, in my opinion, CW is not remotely in the same league as being ready for a commercial release - and I'm only scratching the surface of the introduction here. I must have about 50 captures of things going wrong in the last few months - meaning 50 different issues, not repetitions of the same. I meant to send them to the developers, but never got around to it. Just my two cents.

Will continue to work with the new release.

56 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Hi everyone,

Long time, no post.

Installed the new release, first action was a crash on open - not finding Softube Tape activation, for some reason the activation gets reset randomly, usually after a few hours, sometimes after minutes, no connection to CW - for which reason CW reported a crash with Waves dbx - code c0000005, which seems to be related to VC++, even though everything is installed and up to date. Reinstalled iLok, loaded up fine, Tape working, except the settings of all its instances in the project were reset to default, as if they were never set up at all.

All Waves plugins get scanned at each start, otherwise the project loads without them, so, if it crashes 10 times a night, which is not at all uncommon, 10 times I need to wait about 2 minutes for the scan to complete. The toast notification for the scan never goes away after the scan is complete.

In all of these respects, seems that nothing has changed.

I haven't participated in the discussion about the new planned releases for CW, but, in my opinion, CW is not remotely in the same league as being ready for a commercial release - and I'm only scratching the surface of the introduction here. I must have about 50 captures of things going wrong in the last few months - meaning 50 different issues, not repetitions of the same. I meant to send them to the developers, but never got around to it. Just my two cents.

Will continue to work with the new release.

When last have you done a clean install of Windows and CbB? You might have some registry files that are corrupted in Windows of all the EA updates and other installations.  Example: I'm a big believer of not having my DAW system connected to the wifi. I will only connect it to the internet when i do a clean install of my OS which i do every 3rd month to keep my system up to date with new Windows updates. Its a tedeous job everytime, but it keeps my system running smooth with no issues. 

It works for me, i'm happy to do it this way. It also allow me to get the latest updates of all my effects,instruments and drivers as well if there is available. To this day, i have had no issue with CbB anymore for two/three years now (and I used to have a lot of problems with CbB.) I download my EAs on my laptop and install it on my main machine without internet. I dont want that unnecessary downloads windows 10 does with certain installations to its reg files. To me when I do it this way, its only the app installation that updates my OS reg files to itself within the app alone and not reg files that dont need updates at the moment. 

Hope you get your issue resolved very soon. Cakewalk Sonar and Next will be on Par with the rest. I just wish they cater more for EDM and Hiphop users. Its where I live within the mainstream industry. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, mettelus said:

"Tedious job" and "no issues" used in the same sentence is counterintuitive to an average user though.

Well, im pretty sure the average person understands that if you service your vehicle regularly, you wont have any issue with it for that time period until its next service.  How tedious the wait might be. 

Edited by Will.

14 hours ago, Christopher Woodbridge said:

Can I safely assume that I cannot run the update on my system and still keep my most recent build(2022.11, build21) running parallel on the same machine?

I do like this:

1. I archive the program,

2. I put the update,

3. if there are problems, I return the program files from the archive to their place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will. said:

When last have you done a clean install of Windows and CbB? You might have some registry files that are corrupted in Windows of all the EA updates and other installations.  Example: I'm a big believer of not having my DAW system connected to the wifi. I will only connect it to the internet when i do a clean install of my OS which i do every 3rd month to keep my system up to date with new Windows updates. Its a tedeous job everytime, but it keeps my system running smooth with no issues. 

I'm sorry for commenting on this!

I installed my studio system in 2013 and haven't reinstalled it since. In the meantime, I've made many updates to many programs (including Cakewalk by BandLab). My entire studio system works flawlessly.

Sometimes I do system maintenance. Then I save it to an image, and in case of problems, I restore the system from this image.

Edited by Vyacheslav
  • Like 1

Tracked for 7+ hours last night.  No real issues noted except for one thing that seems odd but completely unreproduceable.

Tried to move a track just by grabbing it and moving it to the left like I’ve done a million times.  However this time it seemed “sticky” (for lack of a better description) and wouldn’t fully “land” where it was supposed to.  It was a single take but oddly there were multiple instance of the take in the take lanes. Weird, huh ?

Deleted the extra take lane and all was well. 

Edited by Greg Wynn

On 9/3/2023 at 11:45 AM, msmcleod said:

I think this has just been missed from the release notes.  The fix was done in the Sonar code in Feb, and applied to the CbB code back in April.

Originally reported Bus names related problem is fixed.

Unfortunately (I guess almost the same, so some cache...) problem exists (for me) with Sends. MIX_PARAM_SEND_OUTPUT returns the same value even after the send destination is changed. At some point the values is updated (f.e. when a send for another strip is added), but it seems like cached over destination changes.

It seems like I get topology update notification after changing the destination, but I can't get updated value...

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 12:38 PM, Quinellipe Zorn said:

May I ask, as I'm curious, why that specific version as opposed to at least considering the final CbB version forthcoming, after it's done with testing and the final version is officially released?

OK!

I will answer...

In my projects, I use Vienna Ensemble Pro (2-3 instances both on the master computer and on the slave), into which I load a lot of content from Kontakt, Roland, Korg, ToonTrack, etc. In the same place I include many plug-ins. In Cake, I work with vocal tracks, tracks with live instruments and plugins for them. Plus, the mastering bus! It is version 2020.4.151 that is the most stable in my system: for a session of several hours, this version:

does not fall

does not hang

hardly slows down

without a frieze of tracks on MIDI pulls all the way to 256 samples,

without errors saves the history of changes ...

All other (later) versions work much worse than this one, giving me a lot of trouble!

10 minutes ago, user6804522628715611 said:

Hi

Since updating to ver 2023.09 Cakewalk has not activated again? The red banner popped up within Cakewalk showing that it experienced a problem with activation.

Going the Help > Sign in with BandLab/Refresh Activation route does not work either?

What has happened that i missed?

You need to sign in to your bandlab account. Open the DAW, go the the HELP tap and click sign in. That should re-activate your account. 

1 hour ago, azslow3 said:

Originally reported Bus names related problem is fixed.

Unfortunately (I guess almost the same, so some cache...) problem exists (for me) with Sends. MIX_PARAM_SEND_OUTPUT returns the same value even after the send destination is changed. At some point the values is updated (f.e. when a send for another strip is added), but it seems like cached over destination changes.

It seems like I get topology update notification after changing the destination, but I can't get updated value...

This has now been fixed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, user6804522628715611 said:

That is exactly what I tried with no luck...

Never had an issue before. And nothing changed on my pc other than installing the update.

Try to sign in manually first through your browser and then open the DAW and click refresh. Use chrome or miscrosoft web browser. It doesnt matter which browser to use though, these two are just more secure. 

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
  • Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]