We have been updated!!! ​😮​

craigb

Just to make sure I am clear, I am not complaining about the new forum software. I am just stating what I am seeing on different devices to try and help the devs work this out. 

I am liking the new forum.

6 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

New product soon=new changes to forum

Exactly!

They gonna get it worked out.

Have some patience people. 

[TOTP!!]

Edited by Grem

On 7/26/2023 at 5:30 PM, Bapu said:

When The Bapu speaks, everyone listens. Badges are gone (except the mods).

Are they still rusty sheriff badges though?

I've got no rep cred any more but  I've still got my made up perma warnings, so at least they haven't messed everything up.

I'm trying to take on board the advice of The Lord ( all bow to the Timster) but honestly, talk about mending something that wasn't broken..............

That right side summary thing is awful.  It's like one of those TV shows that spend half the time telling you what is coming next just before they re-tell you the bit you just watched.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I like the line separating old and new posts + the time frame display (e.g., "three weeks later"). 

I saw a great example of how helpful this is together with a hand icon to indicate the person recently joined.  Someone replied to a thread that was from two years go ("two years later..."). 

It was unclear to me (1) if the person read the entire thread and tried any of the suggested solutions and (2) what the specific issue the new member wanted addressed. So, rather than trying to be a dentist (pulling teeth), I choose the Confused emoji in hopes that the new member would clarify the post.   JMO: "I'm having this problem also" + the Confused emoji seems to me to be a good way to signal that the new post is a bit vague.

The hand icon is probably intended to be a friendly "hi" wave, but I think it can also be a cue for people (veteran users) to not be harsh in replying.

Edited by User 905133

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

Are they still rusty sheriff badges though?

I've got no rep cred any more but  I've still got my made up perma warnings, so at least they haven't messed everything up.

I'm trying to  take on board the advice of The Lord ( all bow to the Timster) but honestly, talk about mending something that wasn't broken..............

That right side summary thing is awful.  It's like one of those TV shows that spend half the time telling you what is coming next just before they re-tell you the bit you just watched.

Edit function working well then..........😂

Edited by paulo

22 hours ago, craigb said:

Of course, Paulo thinking he had a reputation? 😮  C'mon man! 😜

😢

Aah man....... don't be telling me that.  I've put a lot of work into being instantly forgettable.

• Haha 1

FWIW go to last post doesn't work for me unless I'm signed in ( goes to first post instead), which is a PITA, so hopefully The Lord's wisdom is correct and it's already on the fix list. 

Edited by paulo

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

it seems the right-hand side-bar thing only shows in some threads (like this one)? what's the ai thinking?

Depends on number of replies ?

IDK, but surely the carbon footprint of all those pointless extra coloured pixels will probably mean we'll all be boiling in our own sweat before the year is out ?

• Haha 1