FedEx, Now You're Just F*n With Me

bitflipper

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Well, I'm sure we're only a few years away from a working Star Trek transporter. You'll be able to order a guitar and in an instant have it materialize at the wrong address in another city. Imagine a world where a Nigerian prince can steal your identity and order himself your house. Or your wife and kids. Forget flying cars, this is a far more interesting Future.

How dare you say forgot the flying cars!  I want to see the traffic jams in the sky 😆

I just got home from an unavoidable trip along the absolute worst highway in my state. I keep looking for a sign saying "all morons must use I-405". It's got to exist somewhere, because that road is clearly a magnet for them. The thought of all those idiots having to deal with the Z axis is terrifying, since they haven't figured out the X dimension yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mettelus said:

I have seen some horrific accidents over the years, so "flying cars" just makes me realize how many Darwin Award contestants are coming. I worry more for the collateral damage that will result.

Heck yes!  Don't you dare try to take my space in the sky.   I tell you it will be epic when they try to merge back into regular 2D traffic.

It is even simpler than that. The maintenance required on an aircraft is significantly more than a car (which is a questionable skill for many as it is). A disabled car just rolls to a stop (or might crash into something if unlucky), but with an aircraft gravity always takes over, so any crash will have significant extra energy behind it. The potential for misuse alone could be overwhelming.

Pardon my thread intrusion, but your comment conjured a memory of an early family boating adventure many years ago.  I was at the helm sliding diagonally into the slip just as pretty as you please and my wife had the mooring rope and hopped up on the dock.... kept on going right into Bellingham Bay on the other side.   Glad you got your Mixer BTW.  We get all our FedEx out of Burlington too, so I was looking for it.

On 7/13/2023 at 1:22 PM, bitflipper said:

I just got home from an unavoidable trip along the absolute worst highway in my state. I keep looking for a sign saying "all morons must use I-405". It's got to exist somewhere, because that road is clearly a magnet for them. The thought of all those idiots having to deal with the Z axis is terrifying, since they haven't figured out the X dimension yet.

Cakewalk should invest in a billboard on that stretch. They'd reach a lot of users.

Right by the big guy statue that used to hold a golf club. Now the Porsche track....

I'm surprised Sweet Water doesn't have a west coast distribution center. I expected they would about 20 years ago. Which is about the time I received my first  Yamaha digital mixer - right around the turn of century. I'm still using the O1V at my brothers house for Jam night.

Even if there was a distribution center right there in your city, I expect FedEx would first send it to Atlanta anyway. :D

Good to know your 01V is still functioning. My biggest reservation about going digital is the fear that one day I'll flip on the power switch and - nothing. Something that almost never happens with analog boards.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RBH said:

I'm surprised Sweet Water doesn't have a west coast distribution center. I expected they would about 20 years ago. Which is about the time I received my first  Yamaha digital mixer - right around the turn of century. I'm still using the O1V at my brothers house for Jam night.

How would Sweetwater having a West Coast distribution center fix lazy and incompetent FedEx drivers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byron Dickens said:

How would Sweetwater having a West Coast distribution center fix lazy and incompetent FedEx drivers?

Guitar Center had a distribution center in Kansas Cty when I lived near there. They screwed up a shipment of a new amp twice so I called the store and asked if I could pick it up at the distribution center and they said sure no problem. I called the distribution center and the guy on the phone got cocky with me and asked why I wanted the amp so bad. I replied, you know what, I really don't want it that bad. Hung up, called the store, canceled the order. I havent bought a single thing from G.C. since and never will.

Funny story about FedEx. I thought of this thread right away when I saw what I saw.

I was at Dunkin Donuts the other morning and the FedEx driver was there getting a coffee. She had spandex pants on and they were ripped, bad, right up the back, no undies on ... I wanted to say something but I didn't want to get slapped or accused of being a perv so I just let it go. I get home 30 minutes later and low and behold, there comes the FedEx truck behind me making a delivery to one of the neighbors. I had a female friend go over and tell her. She came back and said the driver knew and she wasn't worried about it.

In all honesty, I must say that the only carrier I've ever had problems with is the US postal service. I've had stuff come clear across the country in a day and then take almost two weeks to get to me.

Also, back in the dark ages when you used to mail checks, I've had payments for things be late because the mail carrier wouldn't pick up the damn outgoing mail.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

I havent bought a single thing from G.C. since and never will.

Sheesh, don't get me started on Guitar Center and why I'll never give them another nickel. Last I heard they were in bankruptcy. Wonder how that happened.

Just have to vent.

F'n with me is right.

Last week, I ordered some replacement woofers for a couple of pairs of my beloved Radio Shack Minimus 7 speakers, from Newark Electronics. Nice aluminum cone replacements that get good reviews in this app in the hi-fi enthusiast forums. Newark has 'em for $11 each so I ordered 4. Eager to get going on them since my studio monitors are in storage awaiting my big move and I'm down to listening on these paired with a subwoofer.

First FedEx says they'll be here today, the 19th, a week from the ship date. Fine, I chose the budget ground shipping, so I'll wait.

Then a couple of days ago I check, and, happy day, they say they'll be arriving a day early, on the 18th. Great, I can get started on the project, which will also include upgraded crossovers I got for cheap on Amazon.

But yesterday, no show, so I check again today (the original scheduled ship date), and the shipment is now due tomorrow. The extended tracking says that the bar code was messed up when it arrived in the distribution center in Stockton, so they had to put a new sticker on, which apparently delays things by an entire day. This is all before it even gets into the hands of a delivery bozo.

I'm fine with waiting, I opted for the cheap shipping, but don't tease me. Now I'm wondering if they're going to show up at all.

The struggle is indeed real.

11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm fine with waiting, I opted for the cheap shipping, but don't tease me. 

Even their fast shipping you pay extra for sucks. I've driven around town many times looking for the fedex truck. I used to make them go through their truck to find parts I had shipped for morning delivery that I needed for down machines ... at 2pm in the frikkin afternoon. I hate being forced to use FedEx. I'd rather use DHL and they are terrible too.

• Sad 1