Tinnutis

rfssongs

Actually, I NEVER believe "there's nothing you can do" about any medical issue.

That said, I know there are ways to address tinnitus, so I'll go see what I can find a bit later (I've got to scoot to a 6pm meeting).

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Just got home...

Check this out:

https://soundsory.com/samonas-sound-therapy/

Then try it out (I have TONS of this type of stuff and this one comes from the 1980's):

https://www.nwdreamer.com/download/Samonas I.RAR

When I get the chance, I'll see what more I can find but I know there are also supplement-deficiencies that are behind tinnitus as well.

This is a life long thing so changes in supplements couldn't be it. But that's not to say something hasn't always been missing.

Also check that it's not just a stubborn build up of wax.

A few years back I was getting only 3-4 hours sleep a night due to a high pitched tone in my ears that never stopped.  My ears appeared  to be clean, but turned out there was some wax deep inside that had hardened over the years.

Regular use of olive-oil ear-drops over a few weeks softened it all up, and now I use one of those latex screw type wax removal tools a few times a day.

The tinnitus has completely gone.

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The best you can do for tinnitus is lower the volume of what you're hearing, especially when using headphones. If you're not constantly exposing your ear to loud sounds, you're reducing the chance of them ringing.

Too late

This may be in Craig's posted links. I haven't had a chance to look yet.

I've suffered from 3 distinct tones in both ears for most of my life. Caused by ear infections since I was born. I have messed up ears.

One thing that helped me was using a tone generator in my DAW and finding the frequency of the tones I hear. Then raise the volume till it was equal or slightly louder than the tinnitus tone. I actually cured one of the tones and lessened the others. 

The other thing that helped significantly was a supplement that Craig had mentioned one time called NAD+.

It significantly reduced the ringing although it never claimed to be able to do that. It's expensive and I had to stop it and eventually the ringing came back to where it was.

Other than that, at this point it seems there's nothing that can be done. I have read that there is some research with gene therapy that has been successful. I think relief and maybe even a cure isn't all that many years away.

I sometimes sleep with a desktop white noise generator going nights to mask it. It's maddening laying in the dark with it all quiet in the room and all you can focus on are the tones in your head. It also has ocean sounds with seaguls and crickets. You can get them cheap on Amazon.

• Like 2