JRR Shop 25th Anniversary Sale

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Yeah, you turn your back for 5 minutes. 
Any  idea how it compares to Kuassa?

The abandonware Kuassa one from many moons ago? I would expect extremely favourably, but I haven't tried either. I just got AuroraDSP Gorilla so I'll have something to play with.

6 hours ago, jngnz said:

The abandonware Kuassa one from many moons ago? I would expect extremely favourably, but I haven't tried either. I just got AuroraDSP Gorilla so I'll have something to play with.

It may well be abandonware but it’s still the one of many, many bass amp plugins I have that I use for the most part. 

9 hours ago, jngnz said:

IMHO the Kuassa amps and some of their fx is much better than significantly more expensive plugins of competitors! And I especially like their bass amp, it sounds really great! Also their guitar amps and overdrive are supreme, they come absolutely near the real stuff (NOT losing dynamics with drive)! But YMMV!

2 minutes ago, MarcL said:

IMHO the Kuassa amps and some of their fx is much better than significantly more expensive plugins of competitors! And I especially like their bass amp, it sounds really great! Also their guitar amps and overdrive are supreme, they come absolutely near the real stuff (NOT losing dynamics with drive)! But YMMV!

Same. And they’re really nice folk into the bargain. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrFigg said:

I’m actually getting a bit annoyed that this is mount of stock already. I’m away to drink some cold milk. 

They confirmed they won't be getting any more Eden serials for this price.

I am obsessively checking every place to check and still missed it. Maybe it's time to take a breather and realise I have more than enough tools anyway.

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

I am obsessively checking every place to check and still missed it. Maybe it's time to take a breather and realise I have more than enough tools anyway.

The thing about practically all deals, is once they reach a price, they're almost all guaranteed to be that again... or less!

Apart from the odd pricing mistake.. (we're so due for a good one again!)

So unless you really need it, or just really want it now, it often doesn't matter too much. There's been quite a few I've missed out on only to find something better afterwards anyway and then never got around to buying the first one.

There's always more.. more sales, more plugins, more developers, more ("game changers" 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

dont worry. it will be that price again.

The Eden bass sim is one of the best out there and I use it alot. But I've got most of the Kuassa stuff as well and it's absolutely top notch.

The bummer for me is that the TGX-85 is out of stock. I still have a hardware SY85 synth (well, my daughter has it), but I'd love a software version.

Not much of a birthday celebration really. Fix Phaser (which is good) for double the price it’s been the last month or so on other sites. Air Music ancient synths which were regularly on sale on PB for $5 each before Air apparently reinvented themselves. Eden which went out of stock after 5 minutes. I really do like JRR and buy a load of stuff there but I would probably leave early from their birthday party and go and get a pizza and a bit of cake. 

17 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Not much of a birthday celebration really. Fix Phaser (which is good) for double the price it’s been the last month or so on other sites. Air Music ancient synths which were regularly on sale on PB for $5 each before Air apparently reinvented themselves. Eden which went out of stock after 5 minutes. I really do like JRR and buy a load of stuff there but I would probably leave early from their birthday party and go and get a pizza and a bit of cake. 

I think this is really great https://www.jrrshop.com/uvi-sparkverb