Waves ClarityVx DeReverb and Pro

cclarry

28 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Where is it? I went to Waves Central and didn't see any updates for my Mercury installation.

Make sure you update to latest version on the Waves site.   Then go back to Waves Central. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

That sucks, it would have been the first plugin that I would have actually installed from Plugin Alliance, LoL.

It goes on sale fairly regularly. Maybe it won't be 5 bucks for a while, but it will be cheap. Still, I just bought the SPL De-Verb and the Waves De-Verb plugin still has my attention,  because it may do a better job on vocals. I'm eager to see Bapu or others make a comparison between the two plugins. This might be a case where I'd still buy a Waves plugin. I mean, if it works as advertised for a couple of years for $30, I'd consider that a very good deal. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Dumb question for anyone who has used this already: if this helps clear up unwanted audio that is part of a vocal recording (reverb, in this case?), does it significantly compliment the regular ClarityVX in doing what that plugin does well already, or is this just metaphorically like cutting a slice of bread with a knife instead of scissors (in other words, is it unnecessary if you already own the first clarityvx for vocal audio quality cleanup)?

just trying to read through all the waves hype & understand the differences & applications (if anyone knows), & whether it warrants another $30 purchase.

context: i can’t use either yet, but it would be part of a few plugins that I would start using when i do upgrade my machine soon… if it’s worth it. As i stated i already have the first clarityvx, but can’t use/demo it on my machine yet. Not updating yet for complicated reasons. Opinions welcome

Edited by dumbquestions

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

It goes on sale fairly regularly. Maybe it won't be 5 bucks for a while, but it will be cheap. Still, I just bought the SPL De-Verb and the Waves De-Verb plugin still has my attention,  because it may do a better job on vocals. I'm eager to see Bapu or others make a comparison between the two plugins. This might be a case where I'd still buy a Waves plugin. I mean, if it works as advertised for a couple of years for $30, I'd consider that a very good deal. 

I should have gotten Clarity VX original when it was on introduction sale.  It has never came back to the introduction sale price since they've gotten it!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

Has anyone played around with ClarityVx DeReverb Standard or Pro?  Worth getting?  Got an email today from Waves saying it's on sale (still?  again?).

Probably means it's not saling every well.

Who needs De-verb, unless you purposely record in untreated environments...for which I recommend you get utterly close to the microphone in order to prevent reverb effects!

I've got both Acon Acoustica Premium Edition and iZotope RX 10 Standard.  Between them both, I would use each version of De-verb back to back.

I don't need de-verb plugins, but if Clarity VX Pro for DeNoise ever went on sale again (which I've never seen it drop below $249) I would buy it.  The DeNoise from both Acon Acoustica Premium and iZotope RX Standard can't beat it even if I use them back to back!

The Clarity VX series seems to be the best of what Waves has to offer.

If I wasn't on a budget, I'd buy it just to have it.

Edit:

You should DEMO them products.  I think they give you seven days trial?

Edited by El Diablo

30 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

You should DEMO them products.  I think they give you seven days trial?

I agree completely with demoing plugins. I basically start with checking out video walkthoughs and then consider if anyone I know -- including folks here-- uses it and their opinion. If things make it past that step, I'll demo it. In the past, I often was buying stuff without demoing it. But after buying enough plugins that I found didn't meet my expectations,  I started doing product trials before pulling the trigger and now it's pretty much a standard part of my decision process. I own the RX9 suite and De-Verb and am hoping someone does a direct comparison with the Waves stuff. I mostly avoid buying Waves plugins,  but the Clarity plugin has looked especially interesting to me.

I'm hoping that @Bapu, who owns all of the above (heck, he seems to own everything), will post his takeaway after comparing the Izotope and Waves plugins as he mentioned earlier in the thread he might  do. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

4 hours ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

Has anyone played around with ClarityVx DeReverb Standard or Pro?  Worth getting?  Got an email today from Waves saying it's on sale (still?  again?).

WARNING"White Noise Studio" tends to lean towards Waves Audio products often in his videos, but it's something to watch?

And

Edited by El Diablo
Misspelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

YouTube is littered with sales and marketing videos by folks who are receiving compensation from plugin manufacturers. I’ve seen those. That’s why I’m asking the folks in the forum for any first hand experience. 

Do you have any Waves Audio plugins?

4 hours ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

YouTube is littered with sales and marketing videos by folks who are receiving compensation from plugin manufacturers. I’ve seen those. That’s why I’m asking the folks in the forum for any first hand experience. 

Exactly. Influencer videos don't mean much to me -- and don't get me wrong,  with my marketing hat on, I've done lots of planning and worked with Influencers on behalf of brands. But if we're going to be really candid,  it's called influencer marketing for a good reason and its really just the promotional piece of marketing.

Influencers are primarily just independent sales contractors. I'm familiar with the White Noise Studio guy. He's  regularly taking compensation from the developers (based on his own disclosures and the brands then using his videos at their websites) whose products he "reviews" and his videos are often little more than hype videos for developers. It's the exact reason I love the de-infuencer trend and our  forum members who share their honest opinions without similar bias, any kind of compensation (e.g., NFRs, cash, sales commissions...) or letting a developer have editing rights over the content-- and I can tell you that many developers aren't good with Influencers saying anything negatively critical about their products (I've heard that from Influencers directly) and do their best to push them to edit out any serious criticisms (they'll let them keep minor criticisms in to make a "review" appear more credible,  but if an influencer brings up serious shortcomings,  there are good odds a developer will object and I know of developers who've done  that; the majority of sample and plugin buyers are unaware of this stuff, but those in the industry largely have an awareness of practices and the devs that are difficult to work with and don't handle criticism well, those who aren't very concerned with fixing product issues, after a while enough people share stories and developers earn or get labeled with reputations). This is also another great thing about this forum being very user centric as opposed to developer marketing centric and primarily focused on generating ad revenue. The ones that derive their revenue from developers can foster very developer-centric cultures and environments that discourage negative criticism of a paying developer.  Bandlab forum policies have done a great job of ensuring a very user-centric community. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

There even seem to be videos that must have been generated by some automatic process.  When I'm looking for info on soft synths I have to wade through weird videos where different automaton voices (usually female) are just reading from some marketing script.

Don't know what the point is, unless it's just ad revenue, but I block them.

On 6/1/2023 at 4:38 PM, El Diablo said:

I should have gotten Clarity VX original when it was on introduction sale.  It has never came back to the introduction sale price since they've gotten it!

If you mean the non pro version it has gone down to the $30 price point a number of times since the into price.  

20 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm familiar with the White Noise Studio guy.

I tend to ignore his videos now. They are good for showing the ins-and-outs of a plugin, and I might watch for that aspect. Though maybe it's also because I've recently realised I already have many plugins in many different categories already.