Introducing SSL UF1 DAW Controller Centre

cclarry

The new UF1 from Solid State Logic is the ultimate single fader controller for music creators looking for comprehensive control over their DAW environment. Designed with SSL’s advanced workflow at its core and packed with intuitive control features, UF1 removes technical and creative barriers, connecting artists, producers, and engineers closer to their craft.

$699

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UF1--solid-state-logic-uf1-advanced-daw-controller

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, projectm said:

I’m sure it’s great, but $700 for a single fader and some standard buttons is kinda brutal 😅

Yep.  I got a promo email from them and couldn't find a price.  Now I know why.  Faderport 16 is only $100 more.

• Like 1

THe thing that is killing me is those sharp ages ... really sharp and not ergonomic , waiting for those wodeen custom thingy to see.

question : does this focus knob works like the one on faderport ( can be loked to a parammeter no matter mouse position and has a clik function to reset parameter to defualt ) ?

8 hours ago, projectm said:

I’m sure it’s great, but $700 for a single fader and some standard buttons is kinda brutal 😅

I've had 3 Faderports break on me over the years, and have had problems with the motorized fader (and power supply) more times than I can count. They are cheap pieces of plastic. This looks like a tank. Time will tell on this particular device, but SSL is generally pretty reliable on the hardware quality front. And I'd rather buy once and never worry, then constantly replace / fix a cheap pos. 

I've never been too enthusiastic about this trend of super cheap hardware interfaces / controllers. I took a risk on the Audient Evo 16 for a secondary rig, and it's been nothing but problems throughout the first year. Ya, it cost $550 for what is an equivalent IO device to my RME UFX (which cost $2500 I think), but I've had more problems with the Evo 16 in the first year than I've had with the UFX I in almost 12 years. (Note: Have had no problems with the Audient ID14 or Scarlett 2i2 on my mobile rigs.) 

I don't mind paying a premium if it's reliable.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

I've had 3 Faderports break on me over the years, and have had problems with the motorized fader (and power supply) more times than I can count. They are cheap pieces of plastic. This looks like a tank. Time will tell on this particular device, but SSL is generally pretty reliable on the hardware quality front. And I'd rather buy once and never worry, then constantly replace / fix a cheap pos. 

I've never been too enthusiastic about this trend of super cheap hardware interfaces / controllers. I took a risk on the Audient Evo 16 for a secondary rig, and it's been nothing but problems throughout the first year. Ya, it cost $550 for what is an equivalent IO device to my RME UFX (which cost $2500 I think), but I've had more problems with the Evo 16 in the first year than I've had with the UFX I in almost 12 years. (Note: Have had no problems with the Audient ID14 or Scarlett 2i2 on my mobile rigs.) 

I don't mind paying a premium if it's reliable.

Itested live a uf 8 and it s not build like atank , yesthe enclosure is but knobs , buttons ect isn t that impressive ...

my bench being the roland vs 700c witch was indeed build like a tank !

Edited by Zo