MONSTER Sax -- Free Saxophone Virtual Instrument

locrian

Introducing MonsterSaxVST, the lightweight (only 50+ MB) and FREE saxophone VST that gives you access to an extensive range of articulations.

Monster Sax Features (v1-2023.05):

•     Experience a complete range of articulations with MONSTER Sax v1, including normal Legato, Bending Notes, Staccato, Slur, Major and Minor Trill, and Growl.
  •     Customize each articulation to your preference with the individual volume controls. Tailor MONSTER Sax v1 VST to your unique style and take your music to the next level with ease!
  •     With a lightweight size of only 50+ MB, enjoy unparalleled sound quality and performance without sacrificing precious storage space on your device!
  •     Global Volume, Reverb, and Delay FX.
  •     Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Sax Parameters‘).
  •     The Parameter/Knob value is reset by double-clicking it.
  •     Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.

https://agushardiman.tv/monster-sax-v1-devian-zikri-the-ultimate-free-saxophone-vst-with-multi-articulations/

Edited by locrian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Easy to install the vst and the library.  Easy to jam along with the demo video. 

I estimated about 90+ exposed controllable parameters** in addition to the key switches.  **basic parameters (6+bypass), FX parameters (4 parameters each for distortion, delay, chorus; 5 parameters for reverb), and 10 groups (each with 7 parameters: gain, pan, tune, ADSR).

Got this warning from Malwarebytes - possibly a false positive but I'll hang back for the moment - shame as it sounds excellent!

Website blocked due to malware

Website Blocked: usc1.contabostorage.com Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this page because it may contain malicious activity.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't have the MBAM realtime protection subscription, but I did scan both the zipped and the unzipped files. MBAM did not report anything earlier to day and again just now.

The links that I used were not "usc1.contabostorage.com."  In fact, I don't see that anywhere on the page I used for downloading.  

I can't explain it. That's why I am confused. (Not that you said anything confusing--just that I don't understand how you got to that site. ) 

EDIT: I just tried one of the links on the YouTube video. I saw a "redirect" notification, but even that wasn't to "usc1.contabostorage.com."

MORE MYSTERY:  I Googled that and one of the hits was this: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/296413-pythonexe-accused-of-phishing/ .

Problem-solving this is beyond my ability (and paygrade).  I defer to others who know more about the python.exe phishing thing.   

Edited by User 905133

Okay, so I downloaded the VST3 file and the Library ZIP files onto my desktop. Had Comodo Antivirus scan the files and no issues. Extracted the files and ran the extracted files trough Comodo Antivirus and also no issues.

So will load them later this evening on my music computer and see if any issues and I can install correctly.... and if it plays correctly!!

Edited by NOLAGuy
mis spelling

What a cool app!

And very generous of all involved in it's creation. Articulations are placed for easy performance access and the samples so far sound very sweet. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this one.

3 minutes ago, Keni said:

Articulations are placed for easy performance access and the samples so far sound very sweet. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this one.

It sounds a lot better than the demo might suggest.

The demo video sound kinda "MIDI-ish." (the robotic clipped "all notes at velocity 100" with too short attack and release that I used to hear in General MIDI demos).

1 minute ago, Starship Krupa said:

It sounds a lot better than the demo might suggest.

The demo video sound kinda "MIDI-ish." (the robotic clipped "all notes at velocity 100" with too short attack and release that I used to hear in General MIDI demos).

I haven't listened to the demo, but it sure sounds quite humanized to me.  I simply installed and started playing. I love the mapping of the note bend to max velocity with the staccato articulations. Very playable.

• Like 1