June 21

treesha

This is an instrumental I played around with over 2022 and never had time to finish until now.  So again probably way overheard this one. It started with a free Kontakt instrument called signal. Used another free one Hypha, I used SI bass, generation electric guitar, about 5 or 6 different aas sounds, Steven Slate free drums. Some fx I used were Green Oaks Tungsten (free), Wider (free), Pancake (free), Bass Professor II (free)  Sound Particles Energy Panner (free), bx shredspread, I mutated a few things with Sandman Pro, used MAAG 4 EQ, Neutron, Ozone and as always Melodyne.  Some of those free ones maybe aren’t free anymore but were when I got them. The mood is intended to be stressful and hopefully a bit intense. Feedback welcome !

• Like 4

Well done. Interesting composition. A definite sci-fi quality. The drums and bass do a great job of moving everything along with, as you say, a deliberate bit of stress and intensity. The synths add a lot of stress and intensity with some melodic touches along the way. You did a great job composing all the individual motifs as they are radically different from each other yet sit well to form a unique piece of music. You have a lot going on there!🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jack c. said:

cool stuff.jack c.tighten up music a tad.

Hi jack c.,

thank you for listening glad to know you think its cool. I will listen with the intention of listening for where tightening might help. This song was one of those that you find a thing or two has shifted a bit and I hoped I had found all the misfits ! thanks again

29 minutes ago, Larry T. said:

Well done. Interesting composition. A definite sci-fi quality. The drums and bass do a great job of moving everything along with, as you say, a deliberate bit of stress and intensity. The synths add a lot of stress and intensity with some melodic touches along the way. You did a great job composing all the individual motifs as they are radically different from each other yet sit well to form a unique piece of music. You have a lot going on there!🎶🎶🎶🎶

Hi Larry T.

Thanks for listening and your feedback. Glad to know I got across the stress and intensity and the out of normal worldness. This song project had so many tracks with just one or two clips here or there because it was like a patchwork quilt of pieces of sounds. It was a bit challenging to keep track of which little clip did what. I was poking around in AAS looking for things that were different but might fit together, thank you for affirming my choices. I appreciate your comment very much.

23 hours ago, treesha said:

This is an instrumental I played around with over 2022 and never had time to finish until now.  So again probably way overheard this one. It started with a free Kontakt instrument called signal. Used another free one Hypha, I used SI bass, generation electric guitar, about 5 or 6 different aas sounds, Steven Slate free drums. Some fx I used were Green Oaks Tungsten (free), Wider (free), Pancake (free), Bass Professor II (free)  Sound Particles Energy Panner (free), bx shredspread, I mutated a few things with Sandman Pro, used MAAG 4 EQ, Neutron, Ozone and as always Melodyne.  Some of those free ones maybe aren’t free anymore but were when I got them. The mood is intended to be stressful and hopefully a bit intense. Feedback welcome !

Nice work Treesha - definitely a mood setter! Melodyne is a game changer, not only to make vocals much better than they were, but also to add special little twists and turns to guitar, bass and other instruments as well.  I am constantly amazed by it.

Steve

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice work Treesha - definitely a mood setter! Melodyne is a game changer, not only to make vocals much better than they were, but also to add special little twists and turns to guitar, bass and other instruments as well.  I am constantly amazed by it.

Steve

Hi Steve

thanks for listening and your supportive words! I appreciate both. I too am amazed by Melodyne and wind up using it on many types of tracks for correction or creative stuff sometimes changing a clip into something unrecognizable from what it was. Its tons of fun! Thanks again

Treesha , Very Cool !  That went from a little spooky to surreal to a little frightening. I thought the ending was perfect ! Lots of stuff happening here and I don't see how you kept track of it all. The only timing glitches I heard was in the intro. I think at 0:22 is an offender and really the only place really needing attention.   Very impressive work .      mark

Very cool piece Treesha . . . an excellent sonic painting, enjoyed on headphones and speakers . . . you've certainly captured a feeling of stress and uneasiness, sounds modal, not tonal . . . did you intend that, or did it just work out that way ? Either way, really like the different feeling it evokes.

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Treesha , Very Cool !  That went from a little spooky to surreal to a little frightening. I thought the ending was perfect ! Lots of stuff happening here and I don't see how you kept track of it all. The only timing glitches I heard was in the intro. I think at 0:22 is an offender and really the only place really needing attention.   Very impressive work .      mark

Hi mark,

Thanks for listening and sharing your feedback. It was challenging to keep track of the tracks! it helped that i had worked on it intermittently for many months so I kinda had a grasp of stuff, and then added more stuff. It was a nice break from singing !!!! I will check :22 thanks for the tip on that. I'm glad to know how the mood came across because that was my intention. I'm flattered you were impressed, thank you it means a lot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noynekker said:

Very cool piece Treesha . . . an excellent sonic painting, enjoyed on headphones and speakers . . . you've certainly captured a feeling of stress and uneasiness, sounds modal, not tonal . . . did you intend that, or did it just work out that way ? Either way, really like the different feeling it evokes.

Hi noynekker,

Thank you for listening and the very affirming feedback. Thanks for listening on headphones as well as speakers, I think some of the sounds were enhanced on headphones. I'm glad you liked its different feeling, even if it is stress and uneasiness because that was my intention. I googled modal vs tonal and the variety of descriptions leave me unsure how to understand the concepts. I would say the song just turned out the way it did as I played around with it. Try as I have over the years, I am quite uneducated about music even basic stuff like keys I have to ask Melodyne etc. I would say I am more of an intuitive and play around with stuff songwriter. Thank you for your supportive words ! It means a lot to me

• Like 1

Treesha ,  the picture and music make me imagine a pagan gathering at Stonehenge at summer solstice.
Nice choice of instruments and melody lines that bring out mysterious doings.

Wasn't sure at first about the percussive hits which seemed too metronome-like but they would work well as a soundtrack IMO.  I'm still thinking of pagans dancing around a fire at Stonehenge here.  Well done.

-Bjorn

• Like 1

There is a lot going on in this song and it all works!  I am impressed with how you managed what must have been quite a task in keeping track of what must have been a lot of tracks.  It started out kind of creepy (I mean that in the best sense of the feel of the song) --- it transitioned in volume  ---- and ended with definition tension.  I think that you did indeed achieve tension and intensity in a very creative way.   I certainly enjoyed listening.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Treesha

Definitely agree with other comments here about how well you have captured a feeling of stress and uneasiness with this track

well done, enjoyed it a lot

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for listening and your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it even though the mood/atmosphere of it is what it is. I appreciate your comment!

6 hours ago, Ross Smithe said:

Good work, very unique and creative! Very progressive-rockish vibe, Definitely evokes a mood of tension, in a good way. Enjoyed listening!

Hi Ross,

Thanks for listening and your comment. I can see how you could liken it to prog rockish style, I have listened to lots of that in my life along with many other styles and it all bumps around in there.  I'm glad to know you enjoyed it and felt it was unique and creative and even though tense found it to be in a good way. I appreciate your comment !

11 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Treesha ,  the picture and music make me imagine a pagan gathering at Stonehenge at summer solstice.
Nice choice of instruments and melody lines that bring out mysterious doings.

Wasn't sure at first about the percussive hits which seemed too metronome-like but they would work well as a soundtrack IMO.  I'm still thinking of pagans dancing around a fire at Stonehenge here.  Well done.

-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks so much for listening and your very interesting imagery. I will now join you in thinking of pagans dancing around a fire at Stonehenge on the summer solstice. Yes mysterious doings! I especially enjoy feedback that is what a listener saw from the music, so nice to know. I appreciate your feedback and this fascinating diversion from other less pleasant things on my mind. Off to the gathering !

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

There is a lot going on in this song and it all works!  I am impressed with how you managed what must have been quite a task in keeping track of what must have been a lot of tracks.  It started out kind of creepy (I mean that in the best sense of the feel of the song) --- it transitioned in volume  ---- and ended with definition tension.  I think that you did indeed achieve tension and intensity in a very creative way.   I certainly enjoyed listening.

Hi freddy,

Thanks for checking out this song and leaving feedback for me. I'm glad to know you enjoyed it ! It was a lot of tracks to manage, with clips all over like a patchwork quilt, but I worked on the basic part of this a long time here and there so knew a good bit of it well.  I am affirmed that you felt this mishmash of clips worked and that the creepy, tense, intense mood was conjured from them. Thanks again