sonible smart:reverb ($44.99 @ Plugin Alliance - $19.99 with $25 Monthly voucher)

MusicMan

sonible smart:reverb

Limited time only! smart:reverb is a hybrid plugin that combines the flexibility of a fully parametric reverb with the transparency and sonic integrity of convolution reverbs.

SMART-REVERB-4499
Use this voucher code during checkout,
it expires 11:59 PM PST on April 26

Use APRIL-25-OFF as well to bring it down to $19.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/x-sonible-smart-reverb.html

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Dang, I need this. Love sonible stuff. Already got frei:raum, EQ3 and the pure bundle. 

I've really been liking their stuff too. The smart:limit and smart:comp are both great!

I'm giving the reverb a demo and I like it so far as well. It can definitely be subtle, but it's cool pushing some of the parameters and getting creative with it as well. Not a bad workflow with it.

40 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Dang, I need this. Love sonible stuff. Already got frei:raum, EQ3 and the pure bundle. 

Same here. At this price, I grabbed the reverb with my monthly voucher.

11 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I've really been liking their stuff too. The smart:limit and smart:comp are both great!

While registering the Smart reverb, I noticed that the sale on Sonible website was not over, even though it’s written until the 24th, so I ended up grabbing the bundle of smart limit and smart comp 2 to complete the Smart series.

• Like 2

This is tough, because I think Sonible is superb, but I own the Focusrite Fast Series which Sonible made, which I am pretty certain uses the same algorithm as this reverb. If this was the EQ, I would definitely pick it up. Still that price is sooooo cheap for Sonible that I'm tempted. Great find / post @MusicMan

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 1

Among the AI mixing tools smart:comp2, smart:EQ3, smart:limit and true:balance are my current favorites, along with Ayaic COS Pro and Mix Monolith. I haven't used any of the pure plugins yet so I cannot say anything about them . But this smart:reverb is my less favorite. among those tools.

Given the quality of Sonible's software I probably just need to learn how to use it properly but the last time I had the opportunity to do that I ended up preferring iZotope's NeoVerb instead. I found it easier to use and got better results IMO.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, MusicMan said:

sonible smart:reverb

Limited time only! smart:reverb is a hybrid plugin that combines the flexibility of a fully parametric reverb with the transparency and sonic integrity of convolution reverbs.

SMART-REVERB-4499
Use this voucher code during checkout,
it expires 11:59 PM PST on April 26

Use APRIL-25-OFF as well to bring it down to $19.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/x-sonible-smart-reverb.html

Wow! Thank you so much!  I bought it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jngnz said:

Never found a use for this and sold it but might pokemon it at this price.

I didn't pay much attention to it when it came out and didn't see a use either. I watched the Smart Bundle tutorial on Groove3 (which the EINSTRUMENTS30 should still work for 30 days free access) and after seeing some of the controls and features, it made me think twice.

10 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

This is tough, because I think Sonible is superb, but I own the Focusrite Fast Series which Sonible made, which I am pretty certain uses the same algorithm as this reverb. If this was the EQ, I would definitely pick it up. Still that price is sooooo cheap for Sonible that I'm tempted. Great find / post @MusicMan

Potentially some of the same algorithms, but a lot less controls with the FAST series (which I bought too :) ). For the price it's probably still worth it!

8 hours ago, Sergio said:

Given the quality of Sonible's software I probably just need to learn how to use it properly but the last time I had the opportunity to do that I ended up preferring iZotope's NeoVerb instead. I found it easier to use and got better results IMO.

This one can be pretty easy to use as well, but it's good to understand some of the concepts and ways it works. If you check out the Groove3 course, most of the things are really straightforward. But if you want to dig deeper, that's all there too.

The link to the Groove3 course is:

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/sonible-smartbundle-Explained

And if you haven't already used it, the code EINSTRUMENTS30 should get you 30 days to all their courses for free:

https://www.groove3.com/redeem 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sergio said:

Among the AI mixing tools smart:comp2, smart:EQ3, smart:limit and true:balance are my current favorites, along with Ayaic COS Pro and Mix Monolith. I haven't used any of the pure plugins yet so I cannot say anything about them . But this smart:reverb is my less favorite. among those tools.

I haven't given true:balance a demo yet and because I've got a few similar options in Ozone (which I don't use much for that), Reference2 and a few other matching style EQs,  I hadn't planned on rushing, or if there was any need, but if I didn't have them, then I likely would've. Mix Monolith I've completely glossed over a number of times, but maybe I shouldn't have by the sounds and COS Pro looks interesting too.

1 hour ago, treesha said:

I bought this too and like how it can be pretty simple ( which is helpful for me) or can get more complex. Great price! 

My thoughts exactly! It can absolutely be simple, but the rest is there when needed and a very nice price for something of that quality for sure :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pluto Gabo said:

The ones in this video are the cutdown versions (pure:reverb), so not the full smart:reverb in this post. But it was interesting seeing the differences between the feature sets and how much they have taken out of the full blown smart:reverb.

Thanks to my new enabler, MusicMan,  after he shared that he also has the Focusrite Fast bundle it was basically my excuse to also pick it up! But it took seeing Leizer's post and the clock showed seconds left when I realized I still needed to pull the trigger, so thanks for the reminder,  Leizer. Really, this was an amazing deal.

I love Sonible ( including the Focusrite the Fast series) and Izotope plugins, they're great for musicians like me who are not very knowledgeable on mixing and mastering and to pick Sonible plugins up for less than Waves initial cost (that is, not including WUP and the unknown costs of using plugins that may or may not be usable in the future if Waves makes another move to subscription only) was too much for me to resist. I often will try my Sonible and Izotope plugins on a track and compare each and use the one I get the results I like best and it often leads me to making unanticipated choices.  

Here's hoping PA offers other Sonible plugins in the near future.  Frankly,  considering that Plugin Alliance is owned by the same company that owns Izotope, a major competitor to Sonible,  I was pleasantly surprised PA offered Sonible. Hopefully,  if this sale was a success,  they will continue to sell more Sonible plugins in the future.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks to my new enabler, MusicMan,  after he shared that he also has the Focusrite Fast bundle it was basically my excuse to also pick it up! But it took seeing Leizer's post and the clock showed seconds left when I realized I still needed to pull the trigger, so thanks for the reminder,  Leizer. Really, this was an amazing deal.

I love Sonible ( including the Focusrite the Fast series) and Izotope plugins, they're great for musicians like me who are not very knowledgeable on mixing and mastering and to pick Sonible plugins up for less than Waves initial cost (that is, not including WUP and the unknown costs of using plugins that may or may not be usable in the future if Waves makes another move to subscription only) was too much for me to resist. I often will try my Sonible and Izotope plugins on a track and compare each and use the one I get the results I like best and it often leads me to making unanticipated choices.  

Here's hoping PA offers other Sonible plugins in the near future.  Frankly,  considering that Plugin Alliance is owned by the same company that owns Izotope, a major competitor to Sonible,  I was pleasantly surprised PA offered Sonible. Hopefully,  if this sale was a success,  they will continue to sell more Sonible plugins in the future.  

I'm not quite sure how I feel being called an enabler, but I guess in this particular instance there's worse things to spend money on and anything that steers people away from Waves is probably a community service! 🤣