Cinesamples "glitch" sale up to 90%ish off

jngnz

16 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Cinepiano e.g. isn't the best deal ever @ $81ish as it's  normally $200, but Voxos choir is a good deal @ $81ish as it's usually $500 

I think they are all the same price via the glitch, so the higher the usual price the better the deal, with the Perc being a standout. Some are cheaper to buy in the normal way.

3 minutes ago, Technostica said:

I think they are all the same price via the glitch, so the higher the usual price the better the deal, with the Perc being a standout. Some are cheaper to buy in the normal way.

Yeah. Like I wanted Cinepiano, but @ $81ish, while that's a good deal in and of itself, relative to this glitch where you can get a $500 library for $81ish it's not a great deal. I grabbed Voxos and I'm gonna stop there. I cleaned up on that Sampletekk piano deal a little while back where all those pianos were like 90% off, and I haven't checked them out yet but I got like four or five pianos out of that deal and I'm probably doing okay in the piano department for now to pass on Cinepiano for $81ish. 

19 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah. Like I wanted Cinepiano, but @ $81ish, while that's a good deal in and of itself, relative to this glitch where you can get a $500 library for $81ish it's not a great deal. I grabbed Voxos and I'm gonna stop there. I cleaned up on that Sampletekk piano deal a little while back where all those pianos were like 90% off, and I haven't checked them out yet but I got like four or five pianos out of that deal and I'm probably doing okay in the piano department for now to pass on Cinepiano for $81ish. 

If you want CinePiano, you can put Piano bundle to your cart then cinepiano price is 66$

• Like 2

1 hour ago, husker said:

Can anyone confirm these are the Version 2 of these libraries?

What do you mean? I see CinePerc as v1.3 and CineStrings Solo as v1.2 for example, but surely these are the latest versions?

Turns out the Everything Bundle was only temporarily not available due to CineBrass having been sold out. They apparently acquired new licences and it worked again. Now the same thing is happening again because CinePerc sold out.

BTW: I already regret my impulse purchase of CineStrings Solo. I was like OMG GLITCH!!! and jumped on it after hearing 5 seconds of a demo, but actually testing the library myself, it's pretty clear I will have little use for it because all the strings sound like they were recorded for the next BBC medieval drama.

Buy responsibly.

12 minutes ago, jngnz said:

BTW: I already regret my impulse purchase of CineStrings Solo. I was like OMG GLITCH!!! and jumped on it after hearing 5 seconds of a demo, but actually testing the library myself, it's pretty clear I will have little use for it because all the strings sound like they were recorded for the next BBC medieval drama.

Buy responsibly.

Do you have have Cineperc? I don't really make orchestral or trailer music but I've been trying to justify getting it though I don't know what I'd use it for 

• Great Idea 1

I just got it, so take this with a grain of salt, but CinePerc isn't only cinematic percussion, but all kinds of percussion. Xylophone, Marimba, all kinds of clickety clack wood and metal percussion,  fairly exotic stuff included. Seems totally usable outside of orchestral stuff, but I have only played around so far. I'd say it's EASILY worth the $80 and more.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I just got it, so take this with a grain of salt, but CinePerc isn't only cinematic percussion, but all kinds of percussion. Xylophone, Marimba, all kinds of clickety clack wood and metal percussion,  fairly exotic stuff included. Seems totally usable outside of orchestral stuff, but I have only played around so far. I'd say it's EASILY worth the $80 and more.

Not helping!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

Buy responsibly.

I was really close to making the same (probable) mistake.  I had all the core libraries in my cart, and was looking at that $400 price tag.  Then I looked at my spreadsheet where I keep documentation of all my VSTs and Kontakt libraries.  It didn't take me long to determine I really didn't need them at all.

I did end up purchasing both choirs though.  Will have a quick play through tonight, but I think I'll be happy with those purchases.

6 hours ago, jngnz said:

Turns out the Everything Bundle was only temporarily not available due to CineBrass having been sold out. They apparently acquired new licences and it worked again. Now the same thing is happening again because CinePerc sold out.

Buy responsibly.

Good point. I steered away from it and am happy I did. Maybe get CinePerc? But what would I do with it as I have EWHO and BBCSO Pro?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Good point. I steered away from it and am happy I did. Maybe get CinePerc? But what would I do with it as I have EWHO and BBCSO Pro?

Well, CinePerc is supposed to be the be-all-end-all percussion library, especially for orchestral work, but if you're happy with what you already have, why waste 90GB of SSD space? I will use it quite a bit but my only other major percussion library is Evolution World, so I am extremely happy with one of two purchases at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

Well, CinePerc is supposed to be the be-all-end-all percussion library, especially for orchestral work, but if you're happy with what you already have, why waste 90GB of SSD space? I will use it quite a bit but my only other major percussion library is Evolution World, so I am extremely happy with one of two purchases at least.

Exactly. And it’s an old one. Especially BBCSO Pro has the same and more. Not getting CinePerc after all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

CinePerc is available again so all the bundles are as well. At this point it is pretty safe to say this is not a glitch, or if it started as one, they're sure embracing every bit of it.

What else is a must have out of there? I don't have a ton in the way of orchestral stuff, but then I don't really make that kind of music. But as a composer you never know what you might be called upon to do. I know I have EW Hollywood Brass Diamond. I'll have some percussion in Kontakt factory library, but. I'm just wondering if it's a good move to grab Cineperc and maybe something else that normally costs several hundred dollars lol

22 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

What else is a must have out of there? I don't have a ton in the way of orchestral stuff, but then I don't really make that kind of music. But as a composer you never know what you might be called upon to do. I know I have EW Hollywood Brass Diamond. I'll have some percussion in Kontakt factory library, but. I'm just wondering if it's a good move to grab Cineperc and maybe something else that normally costs several hundred dollars lol

People on VI-C are going especially crazy for CineWinds and CineBrass. The caveat seems to be that you need Core AND Pro if you want all the instruments and mic positions, so even with the glitch discount, it’s a fair bit of money and out of no-brainer territory for non-orchestral composers IMO.

CineStrings is a little less highly praised, but still popular. For the current price, there's probably nothing better out there. For non-orchestral, Solo is a fantastic library, but you have to be aware the instruments sound fairly old fashioned (people are saying „medieval“; I concur), making it not exactly suitable for more modern music.

If you're in doubt this much, however, I'd pass. $80 on something you'll never use and can't re-sell is still wasted money.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Hoarding orchestra libraries is no different than hoarding plugins.   I guess the + to Cinesamples is the Kontakt format and has no machine limit like the other 2.  With Kontakt you can remove libraries much easier than other samplers.