PA Amek Mastering Compressor

cclarry

We're excited to announce the beta launch of the AMEK Mastering Compressor. As of today, this brand-new plugin is available (via PA Installation Manager / beta section) for all MEGA Bundle XXL subscribers. Enjoy!

TRY MEGA FREE 30 DAYS:

https://www.pa-megastore.com/mega/

AMEK Mastering Compressor release: JAN 26

322609402_6108923875860018_8503009258290

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bapu said:

And here I cancelled my 4eva29 (never to be had again, until it can be). 😠

If you wait long enough, chances are you'll get it for cheaper either with a $75 voucher, or during a flash sale. No idea how long that will be though.

If you’re not in a hurry to rush and buy this, it won’t be that long before it’s at $29 - that is, even if you would want a 100th compressor.

I do use the AMEK EQs - with great results - so I might be a sucker for this when it is $29.

• Like 1

I like the GML, I mean, Amek eq.  I also like this GML, I mean, Amek compressor.  

Bit of a learning curve, just like the 8900, I mean, Amek Mastering Compressor.  

The detectors really are helpful.  

Edited by e-cue

42 minutes ago, lawajava said:

If you’re not in a hurry to rush and buy this, it won’t be that long before it’s at $29 - that is, even if you would want a 100th compressor.

I do use the AMEK EQs - with great results - so I might be a sucker for this when it is $29.

I'd expect at least a 7 month wait for the $29 tier.  

I'm curious if this comes with a "mix" version in addition to the mastering one.  I don't have the bundle to find out.  

Surprised they focused on a Mastering comp, while that sounds fancy - it is also what feels like the more over represented in the PA store.  Eliysa , SPL, two Shaddow Hills, (even master desk),  plus a couple other bus comps a normal studio might treat as something the Mastering engineer might apply (Townhouse, and Vertigo VSC-2, Lindell SBC)

Never really feel like I'm at a loss for choices in the PA lineup on this.  But for a basic track compressor I frequently start thinking about and grabbing outside the PA basket.  

I'm also expecting higher CPU usage here like the AMEK 200, 250 EQs get.  

21 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

for a basic track compressor I frequently start thinking about and grabbing outside the PA basket

You certainly have plenty of excellent ones to choose from.

When it comes to PA's stuff, elysia mpressor is a very nice track compressor. I tend to ignore the more advanced features like the attenuation limit and built-in EQ and just set it up using the ratio, attack, release, and makeup gain controls. Whatever its detector is doing, snare tracks seem to like it better than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

You certainly have plenty of excellent ones to choose from.

When it comes to PA's stuff, elysia mpressor is a very nice track compressor. I tend to ignore the more advanced features like the attenuation limit and built-in EQ and just set it up using the ratio, attack, release, and makeup gain controls. Whatever its detector is doing, snare tracks seem to like it better than anything else.

I like that one too, but it also needs a larger UI.  It feels tiny and cramped like all the Elysa releases.  I do like the sound and basic features it has though.  

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Walton said:

It feels tiny and cramped like all the Elysa releases

Yeah, it's just this side of too small on my 1920x1080 monitors. Like much of the PA line, kinda overdue for some UI scaling. I just snagged the SPL Vitalizer and it's on the other side of too small. Tiny tiny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Yeah, it's just this side of too small on my 1920x1080 monitors. Like much of the PA line, kinda overdue for some UI scaling. I just snagged the SPL Vitalizer and it's on the other side of too small. Tiny tiny.

Yeah the SPL I ran a demo on a while ago and passed on the purchase becuase of the size/UI.  I have enough tools that I don't want to buy things that could end up obsolete in the near term.  While I still run monitors at 1080P, I do have higher rez ones and there will likley come a time where 1080 is basically no longer the standard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

1250279053_ScreenShot2023-01-05at2_32_19PM.png.e9cff483e26d009ae2144b4775e2124b.png

The Amek does allow this.  

• Like 1