IK Amplitube Max for $99

cclarry

BLACK FRIDAY DEAL

$/€99.99 FOR 420 AMPS & EFFECTS

There's no better deal for guitar and bass players! Grab AmpliTube 5 MAX for $/€99.99, the lowest price ever. Take your tone to a higher level.

AmpliTube 5 MAX offers more gear, an all-new interface, expanded signal chain options, a cutting-edge new cabinet section and improved sound and accuracy throughout. It's a huge upgrade with 11 brand/artist collections and over 400 gear models.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Wow for you guitarists this is a fantastic deal. Just remember to download your IK stuff within 180 days otherwise you have to pay them $7-$10 to reactivate your downloads for another 180 days.

That only applies to sound libraries.  There’s no timeout on application downloads.  So, it doesn’t apply to AmpliTube.

Edited by ALC
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

By my estimation, Total Studio 3.5 MAX for $99 makes more sense because it includes Amplitube 5 MAX plus much more if someone qualifies for the MAXgrade. Suggestion: check the price of TS 3.5 MAX while logged in to see if you qualify for the $99 upgrade.  

Whoa, finally! Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Wow for you guitarists this is a fantastic deal. Just remember to download your IK stuff within 180 days otherwise you have to pay them $7-$10 to reactivate your downloads for another 180 days.

This download policy makes me furious.

I guess the intent of charging for reactivation of downloads is to offset some of the cost of the download traffic?

You know what it makes me do @Peter - IK Multimedia? It makes me download every single sound pack in both Mac and Windows versions, just in case and even if I don’t intend to use them, because I know that my downloads will expire.

I’m sure I’m not the only one, so this policy actually increases download volume and cost for IK. If you didn’t have this policy, I would only download as needed, and probably wouldn’t download everything. And certainly not for two OSes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

By my estimation, Total Studio 3.5 MAX for $99 makes more sense because it includes Amplitube 5 MAX plus much more if someone qualifies for the MAXgrade. Suggestion: check the price of TS 3.5 MAX while logged in to see if you qualify for the $99 upgrade.  

Don't forget to use your Jampoints. Total Studio Max is $70 for me.

2 hours ago, Toffo said:

This download policy makes me furious.

I guess the intent of charging for reactivation of downloads is to offset some of the cost of the download traffic?

You know what it makes me do @Peter - IK Multimedia? It makes me download every single sound pack in both Mac and Windows versions, just in case and even if I don’t intend to use them, because I know that my downloads will expire.

I’m sure I’m not the only one, so this policy actually increases download volume and cost for IK. If you didn’t have this policy, I would only download as needed, and probably wouldn’t download everything. And certainly not for two OSes.

I totally agree that paying to reactivate downloads sucks and the best reason against this is that we could download only what we'd use and when we'd use.

But download for two OSes is too much trouble to save 10 bucks IMO. I mean... how much would cost me to change from PC to the cheapest Mac if I ever need?

6 hours ago, InstrEd said:

This “180 days to download” thing only applies to content like samples.  Amplitude 5 max is all effect so you can download this even after 180 days from purchase.

• Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I totally agree that paying to reactivate downloads sucks and the best reason against this is that we could download only what we'd use and when we'd use.

Doesn't apply to AmpliTube or any application installer, just to sound libraries! :)

6 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Doesn't apply to AmpliTube or any application installer, just to sound libraries! :)

Just now, abacab said:

I know that. And because the sound libraries can be multi gigabyte in size is precisely why this policy sucks and possibly force us to make unecessary downloads.

Just now, Sergio said:

I know that. And because the sound libraries can be multi gigabyte in size is precisely why this policy sucks and possibly force us to make unecessary downloads.

This topic is about AmpliTube and not sound libraries.

You are correct about the sound libraries, and I am not a fan of the policy. But I was pointing out the facts for those that may be skimming this thread and conclude based on incomplete info that it applies to AmpliTube, which it does not!

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

This topic is about AmpliTube and not sound libraries.

You are correct about the sound libraries, and I am not a fan of the policy. But I was pointing out the facts for those that may be skimming this thread and conclude based on incomplete info that it applies to AmpliTube, which it does not!

Thanks to this topic I just purchased Total Studio Max 3.5 for the same price; a much better deal. So, at least for me, I'll have to deal with this sound libraries issues again.

24 minutes ago, Sergio said:

So, at least for me, I'll have to deal with this sound libraries issues again.

So at least you will get a fresh 180 days to download anything that you need! I really don't understand why IK takes this route. 🙄

I have SampleTank4 MAX and Syntronik 2 MAX, and a bunch of SampleTank 3 libraries and expansions. Hopefully I will not need to download them again, but we will need to weigh the cost of extra local disk space to archive the sound libraries vs. $7 (with Jam Points) to re-activate the downloads. Pain in the ***!!!.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergio said:

But download for two OSes is too much trouble to save 10 bucks IMO. I mean... how much would cost me to change from PC to the cheapest Mac if I ever need?

I've got an unlimited traffic gigabit connection and own both a Mac and a PC. So it's not a big deal to do it once here.

But there are some products I purchased before I had this connection that I didn't get to download within the 180 days. Plus my downloads folder is a bit messy. Maybe I should buy one of those download passes, delete everything IK off my hard drives and then download everything again, fresh, and organise it properly.