Toontrack Phase 3 - Free Expansion

telecode 101

Only through their website though. I bought SD3 from Thomann few days ago and I am not eligible for the freebie.

Below is my email with them just now:

‘Thank you for your email. 

Our current Black Friday Week deals only apply to products purchased through our website and only from the day the deal was published until November 30th. ’

Edited by wallace

Best Service has it advertised on their website, so it should work with Thomann too

‘You will get the free expansions automatically when you register the purchased product in your Toontrack customer account.

Offer valid through November 30th.’

https://www.bestservice.com/deals/toontrack_black_friday_week_phase_3_4607.html

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, wallace said:

Only through their website though. I bought SD3 from Thomann few days ago and I am not eligible for the freebie.

Below is my email with them just now:

‘Thank you for your email. 

Our current Black Friday Week deals only apply to products purchased through our website and only from the day the deal was published until November 30th. ’

I registered EZ Drummer 3 four days ago (Saturday). I wrote them an email today and they said that because of the timing of my order, I was ineligible for the free EZX. In keeping with their reputation, such poor treatment of clients  is to be expected from Toontrack I guess.

• Sad 1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:19 AM, Yan Filiatrault said:

Thomann has it for 311$, so considering the price  of a SDX, this might be the best deal for those that missed the upgrade price from SD2 @PavlovsCat

https://www.thomannmusic.com/toontrack_superior_drummer_3.htm

Thanks for thinking of me, Yan. I really appreciate it. But I'm afraid that it's still beyond my budget.

I'm surprised that Toontrack still has never re-introduced upgrade pricing for us SD2 users, they have for ezDrummer (I own the first version). I do love their libraries -- they remain my favorite sounding drum libraries. But considering the steep price for SD3  and that SD2 runs perfectly on my machine, I'm going to stay with SD2 and I'm hoping that when SD4 is released they'll finally re-introduce upgrade pricing (I know from numerous forums that there are a good deal of folks that didn't upgrade from SD2 to SD3 during their brief window allowing it, so I expect at some point, Toontrack may want to tap that revenue source, especially if a competitor steps it up by then). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for thinking of me, Yan. I really appreciate it. But I'm afraid that it's still beyond my budget.

I'm surprised that Toontrack still has never re-introduced upgrade pricing for us SD2 users, they have for ezDrummer (I own the first version). I do love their libraries -- they remain my favorite sounding drum libraries. But considering the steep price for SD3  and that SD2 runs perfectly on my machine, I'm going to stay with SD2 and I'm hoping that when SD4 is released they'll finally re-introduce upgrade pricing (I know from numerous forums that there are a good deal of folks that didn't upgrade from SD2 to SD3 during their brief window allowing it, so I expect at some point, Toontrack may want to tap that revenue source, especially if a competitor steps it up by then). 

Well, there’s SD3 crossgrade from EZ Drummer at 239$ at Thomann:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/toontrack_superior_drummer_3_crossgrade.htm

Considering  I paid the upgrade from SD2 around 200$, it’s as close as the upgrade price was.

• Thanks 1